Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 05:41 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,130 times

Advertisements

This deal is pretty much done, but not confirmed at the moment. See ya Melky, thanks for the memories.

I like the Ankiel in center deal better, but oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 06:43 AM

295 posts, read 546,794 times
I checked wiki for some stats at 530am and they already had Melky as a Milwaukee Brewer!!! thats faster than any Milwaukee media outlet. Great move for brewers adds some youth and speed. I'm happy but will miss Cam' he was a great guy in the city.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:29 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,818,241 times
Why do the Yanks want to add another old guy? The Yankees should realize at this point that you aren't going to win a championship by just signing high-priced guys and throwing them together...it hasn't worked out with guys like Damon, Giambi, Randy Johnson, Abreu, A-Rod, etc......when the Yanks were winning titles in the late 90s, they did because of hard-nosed good-character guys like O'Neill, Brosius, Tino, Bernie, etc. Chemistry wins titles, not payroll....neither of the NY teams seem to understand this. They should be looking at teams like the Phillies and Rays as examples.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Why do the Yanks want to add another old guy? The Yankees should realize at this point that you aren't going to win a championship by just signing high-priced guys and throwing them together...it hasn't worked out with guys like Damon, Giambi, Randy Johnson, Abreu, A-Rod, etc......when the Yanks were winning titles in the late 90s, they did because of hard-nosed good-character guys like O'Neill, Brosius, Tino, Bernie, etc. Chemistry wins titles, not payroll....neither of the NY teams seem to understand this. They should be looking at teams like the Phillies and Rays as examples.
Agree, that's why I liked the Ankiel idea better. Yanks need to get younger overall.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:37 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,213,099 times
The deal is linked to the signing of Sabathia, he is good friends with Cameron. Below is an article speculating this deal may happen, and it was from over a month ago:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/34066149.html

Old 12-11-2008, 10:53 PM

295 posts, read 546,794 times
Would this deal just get done already!!! I have a love/hate relationship with the baseball off season, I love it as much as Bears football but waiting weeks to find out who is going where kills me. It's like nails on a chalk board, I'm glad we here in Milwaukee can finally talk Brewers baseball again year round for the last 4 years and many years to come. I'll raise a glass...errr...pint glass of MGD to Brewers being relevant again.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILWCITY View Post
Would this deal just get done already!!! I have a love/hate relationship with the baseball off season, I love it as much as Bears football but waiting weeks to find out who is going where kills me. It's like nails on a chalk board, I'm glad we here in Milwaukee can finally talk Brewers baseball again year round for the last 4 years and many years to come. I'll raise a glass...errr...pint glass of MGD to Brewers being relevant again.
Most likely will be done by the end of today. Still ironing out some minor money issues.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:55 PM

This deal is dead....not happening.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:55 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,846,287 times
Good. Cano would have been lost without him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball