Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 04:43 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,359,843 times

Advertisements

We fattened up the averages today and got great pitching. I feel another streak coming on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 07:43 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,088,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
We fattened up the averages today and got great pitching. I feel another streak coming on.
We looked good but lets not jump the gun and jinx it.We do have Posada coming back soon so thats good and Arod and Tex are starting to heat up, so there are alot of good signs.Also the starting pitching is looking much better every week.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
We looked good but lets not jump the gun and jinx it.We do have Posada coming back soon so thats good and Arod and Tex are starting to heat up, so there are alot of good signs.Also the starting pitching is looking much better every week.
Don't worry about a jinx. Superstition causes bad luck.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 PM

Things are looking pretty good. We've won 14 of 18 and have the league's best road record. Our ERA has inched downward to 4.93 excluding today's game and we're on pace to win 94 games, which will probably not be enough to win the East. The team ERA will probably need to be under 4.50 as well.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:22 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,186,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
and have the league's best road record.
But are nowhere near my Phillies' road record. 18-6

Old 06-03-2009, 04:53 PM

8,276 posts, read 23,004,060 times
The Yankees are like the kid who play's MLB the Show with all the cheat codes and thinks he is the best video game player when he goes 162-0 in the game.

Point: It's not hard to win 26 championships when you buy them every 5 years.

I'm not crying about but if I was a Yankee fan it wouldn't be the same as if the Royals won 26 championships then I would think they truly are the best team ever in baseball.

As far as i'm concerned St.Louis is the best team ever in baseball as much as I hate the cards.

List of World Series winners - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
The Yankees are like the kid who play's MLB the Show with all the cheat codes and thinks he is the best video game player when he goes 162-0 in the game.

I'm not crying about but if I was a Yankee fan it wouldn't be the same as if the Royals won 26 championships then I would think they truly are the best team ever in baseball.

As far as i'm concerned St.Louis is the best team ever in baseball as much as I hate the cards.

Remember that most of the Yankee championships came before free agency.
And the Cardinals are indeed the second best team with 10 titles.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:23 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,088,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post

You must have been born yesterday.You claimed the Yanks bought all their championships? I think you're just jealous and bitter. Why don't you do your homework and find out when Steinbrenner bought the team and when he really started sinking money in. Oh,by the way the teams that won in the late 90's were mostly players from the organization that came up through the minors with some add ons but not major price tags. When the money was really sank into the team,that's when we started to lose them.Also if you get rid of the 90's we still are WAY AHEAD of everyone else!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 06:31 AM

8,276 posts, read 23,004,060 times
Quote:
Why don't you do your homework and find out when Steinbrenner bought the team and when he really started sinking money in.
Because I'm Jewish and I have the mind of a champion.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:13 AM

The Yanks have now won 17 of 22.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball