Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 08:01 AM

10,781 posts, read 8,704,276 times

Advertisements

We'll be in Denver in May and would like to see a Rockies game. Where's the best place to buy tickets beforehand - online?

I've been to the Rockies website and then stumbled upon some other site called ViewpointTickets which also have tickets - none with the same seats as at the Rockies website, but some better seats we're interested in. Who is this "ViewpointTickets"? Are they legit? Any "too good to be true" warnings? Or other advice?

Thanks, in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 12:18 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,961,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
We'll be in Denver in May and would like to see a Rockies game. Where's the best place to buy tickets beforehand - online?

I've been to the Rockies website and then stumbled upon some other site called ViewpointTickets which also have tickets - none with the same seats as at the Rockies website, but some better seats we're interested in. Who is this "ViewpointTickets"? Are they legit? Any "too good to be true" warnings? Or other advice?

Thanks, in advance.
Never heard of them. Dont know how confident i would be with them but maybe someone else here can chime in. Only site i have gotten tickets from other than directly from the team's site is StubHub and they are fine. The major draw back for either of these sites is all the ridiculous fees you get. For StubHub, you can sometimes get cheap tickets, but then they really get you on the shipping cost. On the MLB sites, you get hit with processings and convienence fees. By the times its all said and done the tickets are pretty pricey. I prefer to walk up and get tickets at the gate of the stadiums, whenever possible. If the game isnt going to be sold out, and not a lot of places do sell out all the time, then this is the cheapest way to go. Of course the risk is a sell out, but even then you can go to scaplers which, if you have to pay a surplus, wont be much more than what you got hit with on line anyhow. Since you mentioned Coors, i would, personally, just wait and get tickets when i arrived.

G Man

Old 04-07-2009, 05:06 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,503,460 times
The other problem with StubHub is that they won't guarantee the two seats you want are next to each other. They do guarantee you'll have 'em before the day of the game--but if you find that you're sitting nine seats away from your companion, you won't be able to do anything about it.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:47 AM

10,781 posts, read 8,704,276 times
Thank you, G Man and Fred. I think we'll wait til we get there. I knew there had to be some 'catch' to it, especially that ViewpointTickets as their prices seemed cheaper, for really good seats. The reason we were wondering whether we should buy beforehand, and preferably print off the tickets, is because we'd really like to sit along the first base line, as close as we can. We live in Australia and don't get to see baseball so we don't mind paying a bit extra to see the game in the better seats. But not if that 'extra' goes to silly processing fees. Rather pay it to a scalper, in that case.

I think we'll just take our chances that night.

Thanks again.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:28 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,961,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Thank you, G Man and Fred. I think we'll wait til we get there. I knew there had to be some 'catch' to it, especially that ViewpointTickets as their prices seemed cheaper, for really good seats. The reason we were wondering whether we should buy beforehand, and preferably print off the tickets, is because we'd really like to sit along the first base line, as close as we can. We live in Australia and don't get to see baseball so we don't mind paying a bit extra to see the game in the better seats. But not if that 'extra' goes to silly processing fees. Rather pay it to a scalper, in that case.

I think we'll just take our chances that night.

Thanks again.
No problem. Coors gets good crowds but wont be sold out. Go to the ticket office before the game and talk to them and tell them about where you would like to sit. Chances are it will work out fine.

G Man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball