Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 09:22 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times

Advertisements

Most of us Red Sox fans tolerated Manny because he produced in the clutch, despite his lazy play and arrogant attitude. Then Theo had enough and sent him packing to LA. The Sox got Jason Bay from Pittsburgh and many people dismissed Bay as being a decent player, but "no Manny." The press wondered about him "filling Manny's shoes."

Well, the wisdom of Theo Epstein and Larry Lucchino is paying huge dividends, as Manny is now suspended for taking banned substances while Bay is tearing the ball up. Jason Bay is a solid and humble player who can hit for power and average, and he can also field the ball well, while running the bases well. All in all, the Red Sox got the better end of the deal.

Good riddance Manny once and for all. As a long time Sox fan and former resident of the Bay State, I can say with all truth that New England has forgotten you and all your crap. We got a class player who can play the game without being an a-hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 10:20 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
I second that. Bay rips it up, minus the attitude or huge salary. He will demand a big salary once his contract is up, but I have no doubt it will be dealt with within the organization. Theo is smart enough to resign this guy. I'm glad we didn't get Texeira or C.C. Now if Lester would get back to his old self, we would have a pitching staff. Imagine if Lester and Beckett could return themselves to their glory...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball