Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 05:51 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
5 games is close? You do know it's September right?
Um... yeah. And the Marlins are only four back with 27 to play.

It's not September 30th.

Since when does four (Marlins) or five (Braves) games out of the WC with almost a month to play make a team too far back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 05:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Um... yeah. And the Marlins are only four back with 27 to play.

It's not September 30th.

Since when did four (Marlins) or five (Braves) games out of the WC with almost a month to play make a team too far back?
When September rolls around it's best to be 2 or less behind a Wildcard or Division because you have to win almost every game. You say the Braves are 4 back, which means they can't afford to lose no more than 1 game a week.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
When September rolls around it's best to be 2 or less behind a Wildcard or Division because you have to win almost every game. You say the Braves are 4 back, which means they can't afford to lose no more than 1 game a week.
No, I said the Marlins are four back. The Braves are five back. They have some catching up to do, but they are both very much in a pennant race. With 27 games left you don't have to be two or less behind. You have to be in striking distance, and they are.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:57 PM
FBJ

Quote:
No, I said the Marlins are four back. The Braves are five back. They have some catching up to do, but they are both very much in a pennant race. With 27 games left you don't have to be two or less behind. You have to be in striking distance, and they are.
Wait a minute, you are aying the Braves and Marlins are still alive to win the NL East?

Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute, you are aying the Braves and Marlins are still alive to win the NL East?
Where did I say that? Show me.

I actually QUOTED the part of your post where you said they were out of the WC race. I clearly said they are not out of the WC race. I said NOTHING about the division. By stating that the Marlins were four back and the Braves five, I was very clearly NOT talking about the NL East and very clearly talking about the WC.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:05 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Where did I say that? Show me.

I actually QUOTED the part of your post where you said they were out of the WC race. I clearly said they are not out of the WC race. I said NOTHING about the division. By stating that the Marlins were four back and the Braves five, I was very clearly NOT talking about the NL East and very clearly talking about the WC.

Oh ok, ypu scared me for a Second-lol The Rockies have the Wildcard on lock down it appears

Old 09-05-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Oh ok, ypu scared me for a Second-lol The Rockies have the Wildcard on lock down it appears
I'm still not sure how you've reached that conclusion. The Giants are a half game back and they still have games against each other, but even if they didn't those teams could easily switch places. If the Rockies lose tonight they are tied for the WC lead. This NL wild card race is actually one of the most interesting things going on in baseball right now, I don't know why anyone would try to call it tonight when there are still a lot of ways it can play out.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:42 PM

611 posts, read 1,459,047 times
Brad Lidge is a mess.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatTNGuy View Post
Brad Lidge is a mess.
I saw they were winning 4-3 in the bottom of the 8th and then saw they lost 5-4. Brad Lidge struck again

Old 09-05-2009, 08:53 PM
FBJ

Quote:
I'm still not sure how you've reached that conclusion. The Giants are a half game back and they still have games against each other, but even if they didn't those teams could easily switch places. If the Rockies lose tonight they are tied for the WC lead. This NL wild card race is actually one of the most interesting things going on in baseball right now, I don't know why anyone would try to call it tonight when there are still a lot of ways it can play out.

Rockies won and Braves lost. The Cubs and Braves are not in the picture and ESPN should just show the Rockies, Giants, and Marlins. A Week from now you can eliminate the Marlins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball