Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 10:12 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I think we have a 'winner'

Yankees

It's one thing to be a jackass fan. It's another thing to be a jackass fan that might cost your team one of the best pitchers in the game
I'll have to keep that article on file for the next time a NY fan starts talking smack about how "bad" Philly fans are. Way to show some class, Yankee fans! Will be funny if those jackass fans spitting, cursing, and throwing beer at Cliff Lee's wife costs them a championship if Lee signs elsewhere!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 11:45 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'll have to keep that article on file for the next time a NY fan starts talking smack about how "bad" Philly fans are. Way to show some class, Yankee fans! Will be funny if those jackass fans spitting, cursing, and throwing beer at Cliff Lee's wife costs them a championship if Lee signs elsewhere!
I'm a major Yankee fan and this was so stupid. Everyone knows we will be pursuing him in the offseason and we stand a good chance of getting him. So why would these idiots sabotage that? For every team there are fans and idiots!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I'm a major Yankee fan and this was so stupid. Everyone knows we will be pursuing him in the offseason and we stand a good chance of getting him. So why would these idiots sabotage that? For every team there are fans and idiots!!!
That is true, there are horses arses in every fan base...it just burns me up how Philly is always under a microscope for idiotic fan behavior more than any other city. This kind of crap happens everywhere there are drunken idiots, which is pretty much everywhere.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:34 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
That is true, there are horses arses in every fan base...it just burns me up how Philly is always under a microscope for idiotic fan behavior more than any other city. This kind of crap happens everywhere there are drunken idiots, which is pretty much everywhere.
Totally agree. I remember a couple of years ago with the incident at Giants Stadium (football/NY). Philly does get a bad rap, NY too but a drunken idiot is just that, no matter who he/she is cheering for.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:39 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Ahh, ok I can see we are all agreeing on, any North Eastern fanbase?

Old 10-28-2010, 11:41 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Ahh, ok I can see we are all agreeing on, any North Eastern fanbase?

+1

Philly Accuses Their Own of Trying to Slip Laxatives to the Giants | NBC Bay Area

Old 10-28-2010, 12:39 PM

Laxatives, huh? That's pretty serious stuff there, might waste toilet paper. Never mind Giants fans killing Dodgers fans:Fan shot in parking lot area of stadium - MLB - ESPN

Old 10-28-2010, 12:51 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Laxatives are good for you. Nothing like doing a little cleaning on a vacant weekend!

Old 10-28-2010, 01:05 PM

25 posts, read 30,038 times
Like a few people have already said, why judge an entire fanbase just from the negative actions of some fans? You see it all the time. If one person is a bandwagon fan, the whole fanbase is made up of bandwagon fans. If one person is a drunken, disrespectful moron, the whole fanbase is made up of drunken, disrespectful morons. Every team, in every city, in every league, in evey sport around the entire world has bad fans. So to answer the original question, every team in baseball, and every other sport, have some of the worst fans, but they all also have some of the best fans. Lets's just stop judging everyone based on the actions of others.

P.S. this isn't directed toward anyone specifically, it's just something I've seen happen my whole life, and I'm tired of it.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:18 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
A Brassy Welcome:

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO — At least one trumpet player stood outside a Union Square bar to give the Texas Rangers players a friendly serenade Tuesday night, less than 24 hours before Game 1 of the World Series against the Giants.
San Francisco Examiner
But word is that Ranger fans pelted the bar with taunting phone calls (Go Rangers!!) for four long hours, until the bar finally called off the prank and simply hung a sign saying, "Texas Rangers are Bush League".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball