U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-28-2009, 05:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

I want to play for them next season because it seems like a great place to work. You get to travel a lot and make a nice salary and don't have to perform at a high level. Is this not a GOOD JOB to have or what?

I'm so jealous of the Nats players, get to lose a 100 or more games a season and get paid for just putting on a uniform and showing up for work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-28-2009, 08:59 PM
 
2,500 posts, read 2,538,927 times
Reputation: 902
If you're gonna be busy playing baseball, you won't be posting too much around here, right? I mean you'll be very busy. Lots of travel and mandatory workouts will keep you far away from your computer. Things like personal appearances and autograph signings will make it almost impossible for you to EVER log in here...

I think you need to follow this dream. I might even go ahead and put you in touch with a scout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
If you're gonna be busy playing baseball, you won't be posting too much around here, right? I mean you'll be very busy. Lots of travel and mandatory workouts will keep you far away from your computer. Things like personal appearances and autograph signings will make it almost impossible for you to EVER log in here...

I think you need to follow this dream. I might even go ahead and put you in touch with a scout.


If I can get paid a nice salary to FAIL then I won't ever need to log into CD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,564,061 times
Reputation: 10490
Show up at camp next spring. Just don't let 'em know you expect to be paid for failing--you'll have to keep that a secret until after they give you a contract to sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2009, 10:08 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Show up at camp next spring. Just don't let 'em know you expect to be paid for failing--you'll have to keep that a secret until after they give you a contract to sign.

Oh I know, I just need to pretend to succeed until I get the contract
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2009, 10:09 PM
 
2,500 posts, read 2,538,927 times
Reputation: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Show up at camp next spring. Just don't let 'em know you expect to be paid for failing--you'll have to keep that a secret until after they give you a contract to sign.
Reminds me of that player on the '92 Mets... What was his name again??? Oh, wait, that WAS the '92 Mets... What a year that was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2009, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,564,061 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Reminds me of that player on the '92 Mets... What was his name again??? Oh, wait, that WAS the '92 Mets... What a year that was.
You wouldn't have singled out 1992 if you remembered the seasons between 1975 and 1982. D'oh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2009, 10:20 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Reputation: 9451
Once I get that contract My plan is to

Swing at balls over my head
Swing at balls at my feet
Try and steal home with 2 outs and 2-2 count
Text my friends while I'm playing centerfield
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2009, 12:02 AM
 
2,500 posts, read 2,538,927 times
Reputation: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You wouldn't have singled out 1992 if you remembered the seasons between 1975 and 1982. D'oh!
I remember them, but in '92 they threw a ton of money around with the idea being that they were going to actually try and be good. Nobody bothered to ask the players if they were on board for that themselves, and the players had other plans. That's the team that should be the inspiration for Mr. TVandSportsGuy as he lands a huge contract and promptly stinks up the joint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2009, 12:03 AM
 
2,500 posts, read 2,538,927 times
Reputation: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Once I get that contract My plan is to

Swing at balls over my head
Swing at balls at my feet
Try and steal home with 2 outs and 2-2 count
Text my friends while I'm playing centerfield
Your plan is to be Angel Pagan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top