Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 03:45 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,044,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Do you own this team? Wow....odd ("my outfield was different ")

Is this George Steinbrenner?
Nah, just another Yankee fan who thinks everything baseball related is theirs via manifest destiny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 07:04 PM

10,004 posts, read 11,082,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Nah, just another Yankee fan who thinks everything baseball related is theirs via manifest destiny.
Yea..you'd laugh at that guys posts...(we, my, our...like he is part of the team or something...) its comical.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,090,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Do you own this team? Wow....odd ("my outfield was different ")

Is this George Steinbrenner?
No,but the Yankees are part of me and they are NEW YORK.My family is from the Bronx originally,I lived almost all my life in New York minus my time in the Air Force and I grew up a Yankee fan.I also lived through the horrible 80's when all the fake Met fans came out of the woodwork while we endured another crappy year.I'm sorry if I bond with my team more then you bond with yours.Talk to most Red Sox fans and they'll say the same.A good year or a bad one,my loyalty doesn't change. I guess knocking the champs is all you have to offer here. So if you are asking me if I own the team,the answer would be no; but the Yankees are mine and many others will tell you the same i'm sure! Now go wallow in the shortcomings of your own!

Old 11-06-2009, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
It is! Did you think that your Phils ever stood a chance? Sometimes no matter what you do,you can't get over the hump.Well that was your Phils and "my Yanks" just drove off and left you like road kill.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:16 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,762,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
It is! Did you think that your Phils ever stood a chance? Sometimes no matter what you do,you can't get over the hump.Well that was your Phils and "my Yanks" just drove off and left you like road kill.
That, in a nutshell, is why people hate the Yankees.

The arrogant frontrunners follow the Yankees....real baseball fans in NY tend to be Mets fans.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:36 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,207,953 times
Quote:
It is! Did you think that your Phils ever stood a chance?
I most definitely did, but they didn't play particularly well in the World Series. Some of that was due to the Yankees and some of that was due to the Phils' pitching staff running on fumes.

Had the Phils beaten the Yanks, it would have been only a mild upset (the Yankees were deserved favorites but not large favorites going in) and nowhere near a major upset. A number of teams (like 1987 Twins, 1988 Dodgers, and 1990 Reds to name 3 such teams) have pulled much larger World Series upsets. Anything can happen in a short series.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:41 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,675,056 times
Quote:
real baseball fans in NY tend to be Mets fans
Of course. Unless that other NY team happens to "buy their way" into the playoffs, then all NY fans are apparently frontrunner fans.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Of course. Unless that other NY team happens to "buy their way" into the playoffs, then all NY fans are apparently frontrunner fans.
Before you go off and make a comment like that you should know the facts.In the city and long island combined it is split almost evenly down the middle 50/50.When you go upstate and to the western new york areas you have Yankee fans and even some Red Sox fans and alot of these areas don't even follow baseball as much. So as a whole NY state is pretty evenly split between the Yanks and Mets with the Yankees maybe having a slightly larger fan base.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
That, in a nutshell, is why people hate the Yankees.

The arrogant frontrunners follow the Yankees....real baseball fans in NY tend to be Mets fans.
Arrogant frontrunner? No,just someone who doesn't like when some whiner puts their team down and doesn't give proper credit.Face it,your team was outplayed and outcoached.Girardi started resting starters towards the end of the season so he could use the 3 man rotation and guess what? It worked! Phils are a solid team and should be for quite sometime because they have a solid core but instead of always hating, you should just have a little dignity and admit the better team won this round,and no other reason. Your relief pitching,starters after Lee,and Ryan Howards bat were your downfall in the series.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:54 AM

10,004 posts, read 11,082,622 times
Quote:
Arrogant frontrunner? No,just someone who doesn't like when some whiner puts their team down and doesn't give proper credit.Face it,your team was outplayed and outcoached.Girardi started resting starters towards the end of the season so he could use the 3 man rotation and guess what? It worked! Phils are a solid team and should be for quite sometime because they have a solid core but instead of always hating, you should just have a little dignity and admit the better team won this round,and no other reason. Your relief pitching,starters after Lee,and Ryan Howards bat were your downfall in the series.
My man..with all due respect...NOBODY..sees this as an even field but Yankee fans. i'm sorry, The Bankees did what they had to do this year and yes, i give them credit for maximizing their massive payroll debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball