U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-10-2010, 06:25 PM

7,186 posts, read 5,290,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Oh give it a rest.Not my fault if my team develops talent and brings in good free agents while your team develops okay players and brings in mediocre ones.So what's going to happen when your team is out of it by the all star break? Will they trade away Lincecum?
I'm not going to be giving it a rest. Not when the Yankees spent some 80 million more than their nearest competitor last year....and Yankee fans such as yourself cheer like it was a level playing field. It would be humorous if it wasn't so bad for baseball..

Were the big 3 (Teixera, Sabathia, and Burnett) from last off season developed by the Yankees? No, they were BOUGHT...handing the Bankees a World Series win that was BOUGHT..I mean, where would they have finished without those 3 BOUGHT players?

What about A-Roid..developed by the Yankees as well? That's strange, I seem to remember him coming up in the Mariner organization..

Truth is, the Yankees haven't developed any real stars for their club since the 90's....everyone is BOUGHT..

As for Lincecum, Tim IS the franchise. He'll be with the Giants for a long long time...they know what they have.

The Giants have as good a rotation as anyone in baseball...and young pitchers like.. Tim, Matt Cain, and Jonathan Sanchez WERE ACTUALLY DEVELOPED by the Giants organization...,.don't you wish the Bankees could say the same about some of their stars?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 09:24 PM

8,059 posts, read 7,702,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I'm not going to be giving it a rest. Not when the Yankees spent some 80 million more than their nearest competitor last year....and Yankee fans such as yourself cheer like it was a level playing field. It would be humorous if it wasn't so bad for baseball..

Were the big 3 (Teixera, Sabathia, and Burnett) from last off season developed by the Yankees? No, they were BOUGHT...handing the Bankees a World Series win that was BOUGHT..I mean, where would they have finished without those 3 BOUGHT players?

What about A-Roid..developed by the Yankees as well? That's strange, I seem to remember him coming up in the Mariner organization..

Truth is, the Yankees haven't developed any real stars for their club since the 90's....everyone is BOUGHT..

As for Lincecum, Tim IS the franchise. He'll be with the Giants for a long long time...they know what they have.

The Giants have as good a rotation as anyone in baseball...and young pitchers like.. Tim, Matt Cain, and Jonathan Sanchez WERE ACTUALLY DEVELOPED by the Giants organization...,.don't you wish the Bankees could say the same about some of their stars?
If you looked at the 2009 team lets see who was developed. Cano, Jeter, Melky, Gardner,Robertson,Edwar Ramirez,Coke,Melancon,Hughes,Joba, Petitte,Mariano, Posada,Cervelli and probably names who I have forgotten for the moment.Whe AT&T is kicking T-Mobiles butt do they claim it's not a level playing field? No,it's 2 companies that have to work within certain parameters. The Yankees as well as every other team are given guidelines they have to follow and all teams do what they are supposed to do.The Giants don't spend as much mostly because their fan base is much smaller so they are not creating nearly as much revenue as the Yankees. When you judge the Yankee spending vs. their revenue and then compare it to the rest of the league,they are NOT the highest percentage. Ask a guy who buys a $400,000 home when he makes $50k and then a guy making $300k a year and buys the same house,how it effects their budget,etc... and see what they say.Don't fault the Yankees for being one of the best run franchises in all sports.You need to fault the system. If there was a hard cap,the Yankees would operate within those parameters too. Now if the Red Sox won it last year would you claim they bought it? Did they develop Matsuzaka or Lowell,Bay,Beckett,Victor M.(to name a few)? No, they didn't.Sounds like plain jealousy from an under performing franchise. You are in a weak division but still fall flat.Minnesota is a small market team too,but I guess they are just a superior run franchise as opposed to yours. By the way,don't be mad at the Yankees. Be mad at your owners for not adding pieces when needed.When the Yanks of the 90's were winning they were adding cheap free agents like Scott Brosius,and Charlie Hayes because they would fill a need,your team isn't adequately even doing that.No team in the majors is 100 % homegrown and never will be, but some owners are just flat out cheap including yours.Oh by the way,the best way to **** of a superstar pitcher is to avoid paying them what they are worth and to force them to go to arbitration.Say goodbye to Lincecum soon.Maybe the SF organization should just pull their heads out of their a$$es!

Old 02-11-2010, 02:23 AM

2,500 posts, read 1,526,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I'm not going to be giving it a rest.
This is clearly not a thread that was intended for, well, the same thing you post in every other thread on this forum. By now your opinions, and they are ONLY opinions, are well-documented. Entering them into threads like this one is trolling, which is against the rules of this forum.

Sadly, anything you might have to offer in the discussions about payroll on this forum is wasted, because you don't know when to get off your soapbox. As a SF Giants fan you are not entitled to the holier-than-thou attitude you bring here anyway. You argue against something that is completely within the rules of the game while the last franchise player you had could barely find a hat to fit his giant head because of his well-documented drug abuse.

Not to mention, you're gonna have to warm up to at least SOME of the Yankee players when they become Giants players in a year or two and Tim Lincecum is on the back page of the New York papers shaking hands with Brian Cashman.

And again, by your not giving it a rest in threads like these you are in fact trolling. Give that a rest.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:03 AM

7,186 posts, read 5,290,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
If you looked at the 2009 team lets see who was developed. Cano, Jeter, Melky, Gardner,Robertson,Edwar Ramirez,Coke,Melancon,Hughes,Joba, Petitte,Mariano, Posada,Cervelli and probably names who I have forgotten for the moment.
I said "stars".. developed and now playing for the Yankees. Out of your list, I'd grant that status to Jeter, Pettite, Rivera, and Posada.

Notice what those four all have in common? They're straight out of the 90's..just as I claimed.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:10 AM

5,285 posts, read 3,746,293 times
Gawdddddd please do not do this to another thread.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:19 AM

13,390 posts, read 15,234,170 times
I really don't want to shut the thread down...

Just post anticipated lineups, otherwise I'll delete from this point forward.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:59 AM

6,635 posts, read 7,150,718 times
I will pretend I am not walking into a bubbling firestorm

Now presenting YOUR 2010 Detroit Tigers

Sizemore (2B)
Guillen (DH)
Magglio (RF)
Cabrera (1B)
Raburn (LF)
Inge (3B)
Jackson (CF)
Laird (C)
Everett/Santiago (SS)

Old 02-14-2010, 09:28 PM

839 posts, read 1,125,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersguy31 View Post
Dodgers
1.furcal
2.martin
3.ethier
4.kemp
5.manny
6.loney
7.blake
8.belliard/dewitt
9. P
Another Dodgers fan

I'll go with

Furcal
Kemp
Ethier
Manny
Loney
Blake
Belliard
Martin
P

Martins performance keeps going down. Only way he opens up in the 2 spot is a good spring training IMO.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:50 AM
YAZ

6,072 posts, read 6,042,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I will pretend I am not walking into a bubbling firestorm

Now presenting YOUR 2010 Detroit Tigers

Sizemore (2B)
Guillen (DH)
Magglio (RF)
Cabrera (1B)
Raburn (LF)
Inge (3B)
Jackson (CF)
Laird (C)
Everett/Santiago (SS)
Gonna look a lot different if the Tigers sign Johnny Damon. Guillen will be in 80 games......

I already miss Grandersen....

Last edited by YAZ; 02-15-2010 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: add

Old 02-17-2010, 10:41 AM

103 posts, read 25,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Another Dodgers fan

I'll go with

Furcal
Kemp
Ethier
Manny
Loney
Blake
Belliard
Martin
P

Martins performance keeps going down. Only way he opens up in the 2 spot is a good spring training IMO.
true that...he was turing into a superstar (martin)...true his performance keeps going down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball