Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,585,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
88, Your talking working men. You are aware of gangs like MS 13 right? They are not working men, under the terms of what I would call a working man.

At this point in time gangs like MS 13 and MS 13 itself is in all 48 states I believe. I know they are in NH, as i see their logo painted of infrastructure.

Amoung these illegal who trespass the border are some very bad people.

Poverty creates a stress, which leads to crimes, and when people become desperate they will do a lot of things they might not do other wise, but who am I to tell you. You seem to know it all.

I know in the USA there are millions of Americans on welfare as I type. Some would retyrn to work if there was any, while other have created this system to be a way of life.

On the welfare deal, I would like to see anyone on it take a drug test, just exactly the same as any worker who has to pee to keep his job. That will never happen either because it isn't 'pc'.
First you say poverty causes desperation and crime, and then you say poverty should be created by withholding welfare benefits. Would you like to square that for us?

MS-13 is a Salvadoran gang, that got a foothold because of all the Salvadorans fleeing from the US CIA-sponsored civil war in El Salvador that was being waged on behalf of the profiteering US military industrial complex. We created MS-13 by playing favorites with the Salvadoran war and letting Salvadorans in. So, we have no-one to blame but ourselves for creating that gang, which has few if any Mexican members.

If you waved a magic wand and every gang member disappeared, within a year there would be gangs in place. In a society in which gangs can survive and flourish, there sill be gang. They're like stray cats. Eliminate the stray cats, and a year from now, the town will be full of stray cats.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-05-2010 at 10:47 PM..

Old 05-06-2010, 12:35 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,363,512 times
Honestly it amazes me how some people can't get past their own fears and see that everybody is a human and deserves to be treated as a human. So the illegals run up bills at the hospital? Well hell, when anybody stays at the hospital that is legal, the greedy hospital charges thousands upon thousands of dollars. Don't ask me to feel sorry for the poor rich sobs.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:00 AM

4,552 posts, read 14,976,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Given the number of Hispanic Players and the possible challenges to their citizenship

no they should not boycott, thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard, its a freakin law.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:38 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,915,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Honestly it amazes me how some people can't get past their own fears and see that everybody is a human and deserves to be treated as a human. So the illegals run up bills at the hospital? Well hell, when anybody stays at the hospital that is legal, the greedy hospital charges thousands upon thousands of dollars. Don't ask me to feel sorry for the poor rich sobs.
Sorry, but not everybody actually does deserve to be treated the same. That's where you are wrong, and that's where your entire post completely falls apart. It's not about fears. It's about saying that people who put nothing into the system are taking too much out of the system, and it's time for that to stop. We have borders for a reason. People who cross them illegally, and smother drugs (or even more illegals) across the border with them do not deserve to be treated the same as people who are here legally and bust their backs everyday to do things the right way.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:22 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,228,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001
Honestly it amazes me how some people can't get past their own fears and see that everybody is a human and deserves to be treated as a human. So the illegals run up bills at the hospital? Well hell, when anybody stays at the hospital that is legal, the greedy hospital charges thousands upon thousands of dollars. Don't ask me to feel sorry for the poor rich sobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Sorry, but not everybody actually does deserve to be treated the same. That's where you are wrong, and that's where your entire post completely falls apart. It's not about fears. It's about saying that people who put nothing into the system are taking too much out of the system, and it's time for that to stop. We have borders for a reason. People who cross them illegally, and smother drugs (or even more illegals) across the border with them do not deserve to be treated the same as people who are here legally and bust their backs everyday to do things the right way.
It's the greek story of Antigone all over again. I continue to side with Antigone. Certain things transcend the laws of man.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:48 AM

14,418 posts, read 22,367,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

You mean "If there is reason to believe that through oversight, the front office of some MLB team failed to dot an I or cross a T on the players visa papers, then hell yea, the guy's career as a profession athlete ought be thrown down the drain,, along with his teammates' chances of wining the World Series." Is that what you're trying to say?
I meant what I wrote? You can twist it any way you'd like.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:38 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,473,027 times
If Major League Baseball was boycotting the state of Arizona (that was the question, remember?) then they're doing a pretty poor job of it. When I opened my newspaper this morning, I saw that they've still got a team playing in Arizona.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:39 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,337,546 times
No. Sports is sports and ought to leave laws alone. What next? A few players decide they don't like capital punishment or something else and decide to boycott states that have those laws to? As individuals of course anyone can have whatever opinion they want. FWIW what difference does it make that there are Hispanic baseball players? There are also Japanese baseball players. The law is agains illegal immigration not against Hispanic immigration...

Old 05-10-2010, 02:42 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,596,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
No. Sports is sports and ought to leave laws alone. What next? A few players decide they don't like capital punishment or something else and decide to boycott states that have those laws to? As individuals of course anyone can have whatever opinion they want. FWIW what difference does it make that there are Hispanic baseball players? There are also Japanese baseball players. The law is agains illegal immigration not against Hispanic immigration...
But were there always. At one time there were only white baseball players, only white football players, only white basketball players etc etc. It was because someone styood up for justice that it ended.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:51 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,337,546 times
Yes but they stood up for inequity within their own sport. Besides that again, this law targets Illegal immigration (people breaking the laws of our country and that state) NOT a certain race or nationality or ANYONE here legally so it really doesn't have anything to do with baseball nor is it an inequity of any kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball