Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,959,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I view the Reds as a rising middle-of-the-pack team today. I suspect they'll end the season with about 82-85 wins, but have the talent mix to be a 90 win team within a season or two.

Hope the fans get behind them soon, the team is worth supporting. Generally, it's been a good baseball town, with very knowledgeable fans.
We do have some good young players. And i plan on enjoying them before we lose them to free agency.

G Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 07:59 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,762,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
Exactly. This is Rolen's last stop. He is playing close to home. They reworked his deal to extend his contract. Unless the Reds are terrible and out of it next year he isnt going anywhere. Not sure they could get a lot for him anyhow, even though he is having a good comeback season right now.

G Man
They definitely found a good low risk-high reward guy in Rolen. He'll be productive as long as he stays healthy, and its good to have some veteran leadership on a young team.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:16 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,044,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Nah...I think Rolen realizes he's not the star player he once was at this point. Plus, he's running out of midwestern teams to play for, which is really the only place he wants to play. Who would habe thought that Polanco, the player the Cards traded to the Phils for Rolen, would become the better of the 2 players?
He's having a hell of a year so far. Rolen couldn't get along with LaRussa or Gaston. I don't think he'll get along with Baker. He'll request a trade sooner or later. I can read him like a book.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:40 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,099,323 times
Great comeback win (again) by our Redlegs. This team is really shaping into something special.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:41 PM

5,794 posts, read 13,894,810 times
They've done their best work against their own division and I can't decipher the Cardinals right now, so yeah - I like the Reds a whole lot this year! Didn't like what they did to my Sox in 75, but I think I'm almost over that now.

almost ...

Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,303 times
Reds look like their finally turning the curve. Like NewToCA i agree that they have a good baseball city and surounding area. Look for their fans to begin to support them well!! I could see them having atleast a 90 win season especialy if they try to make a move in free agency.

Both the Reds and the Padres really have put themselves back on the map this year so far.

for sports info check out [url=http://www.bestsportscities.com]bestsportscities.com - Home[/url]

Old 06-12-2010, 07:40 PM

251 posts, read 310,116 times
I hope the Reds don't win anything. All those empty seats at their games make me sick. The most overrated baseball town there is.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
He's having a hell of a year so far. Rolen couldn't get along with LaRussa or Gaston. I don't think he'll get along with Baker. He'll request a trade sooner or later. I can read him like a book.
Well unless something changes he wont be going anywhere. He is playing for his childhood team, is close to home, and we are in the race. I know about the STL situation which was years ago but i never heard of him having a problems in Toronto. He will be fine and as mentioned he is having a huge comeback year.

G Man

Old 06-14-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzfn View Post
I hope the Reds don't win anything. All those empty seats at their games make me sick. The most overrated baseball town there is.
We havent made the playoffs since 1995. I dont care how great of a baseball city a place is, if you dont make the playoffs for a decade and a half your attendance is going to sag. The Reds really havent been in it late since 1999 either. The impact is especially hard on mid market teams.

G Man

Old 06-14-2010, 08:28 AM

251 posts, read 310,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
We havent made the playoffs since 1995. I dont care how great of a baseball city a place is, if you dont make the playoffs for a decade and a half your attendance is going to sag. The Reds really havent been in it late since 1999 either. The impact is especially hard on mid market teams.

G Man
But Reds tickets are extremely cheap. And since you can buy everything online now, they are easier than ever to get........ And!!! in bringing up 1995 you just shot yourself in the foot. There were a slew of empty seats for those playoff games in Cincinnati. Playoff games!!!!!
I'll never forget how the announcers kept talking about how shocked they were in seeing all those empty seats for those NLCS games and I'll never forget it myself since they kept showing shots of it on TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball