U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,433,449 times

Advertisements

I believe he is one of the best players like everyone else but it is getting old watching him cry and whine on every play.

These refs are already handing him free calls just because he is Kobe but goodness, does he have to whine on every play that does not go his way?

He is getting away with pushing and shoving the entire game just because it is Kobe but then he runs to the refs after almost every play.

Watch his reactions when he gets called for something or when the Lakers screw up. He heads to the nearest ref to whine.

Watch is facial expressions.

Last night when Piece ripped the ball out of his hands he looked like a little 6 year old boy crying to the refs.

Its getting old and makes him look like a total cry baby.

Just play Kobe and stop the whining and crybaby expressions.

And no, I do not believe he is the best player in the NBA today. Maybe 2nd but not the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 10:54 AM

1,964 posts, read 1,581,321 times
Kobe's ****ty attitude is why he will never be what Jordan was.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:00 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,366,040 times
I hate all of it, and it plagues the NBA like flopping plagues internation soccer. Its not just Kobe its almost the entire league. There are some bad offenders in this finals and it has made it borderline unwatchable.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,445,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Kobe's ****ty attitude is why he will never be what Jordan was.

I really like how people think Jordan was some type of stone faced killer. He complained just as much as anyone else did back then.

Difference is, people complain more. That is one thing that has changed this decade, more complaining from players.

Just about EVERY sport needs a rehaul on officiating.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:16 AM

6,628 posts, read 12,513,072 times
I think it's funny that everyone talks about how Paul Pierce flops, whines, etc. (which he does) but whenever Kobe starts whining, crying, whatever to the refs it's because "he's a competitor".

The only thing I don't like is that last night when Kobe got stripped by Pierce at the end of the game, he started throwing a total hissy fit but wasn't given a technical foul. He flailed his arms and started taking swings at the air while screeching at the referees. If Wallace or Perk did that, they would have been given a quadruple tech, been suspended for four years, and fined $10,000,000.

Against Orlando, Perk was given a tech for muttering and briskly walking away after a terrible call...

Old 06-14-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post

I really like how people think Jordan was some type of stone faced killer. He complained just as much as anyone else did back then.

Difference is, people complain more. That is one thing that has changed this decade, more complaining from players.

Just about EVERY sport needs a rehaul on officiating.
Yeah, because NOBODY complained "back then."

Kobe's little hissy fit when Pierce stole the ball would not have taken place with pretty much any other player besides Gasol (he cries a lot too). Kobe's sense of entitlement is mind-boggling.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:06 PM

530 posts, read 2,591,279 times
Yeah, it is annoying but if it comes with the territory with him then I'm not complaining. I LOVE watching him play. The guy was unreal last night. The entire 3rd quarter he essentially was 1 on 5 vs. the Celts. And not because he wanted to be, but because he knew he had to be.

Lebron didn't do that when he had to. Folded like a tent.

The complaining & whining is annoying, but I think Pierce is worse with the fake injuries and Rasheed is impossible. But yes, Kobe is a major whiner.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
Lebron didn't do that when he had to. Folded like a tent.

But yes, Kobe is a major whiner.
Nobody is talking about Lebron.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:23 PM

25 posts, read 49,271 times
Yes... the kobe bashing has begun!! Before you are so quick to call out whiners don't forget about Rasheed, Perkins, and Pierce those 3 complain like no other in the business. If they actually had a stat for whining you would see who the real whiners are. HOMECOURT is the key word. I'll be keeping stats on the whining category in game 6.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:28 PM

3,754 posts, read 8,694,395 times
Yes Kobe is a crybaby- only fanboys won't admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or