U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 11:36 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,084,856 times

Advertisements

For those that don't like Kobe and criticize him, I think his comments after the game spoke volumes. I know a few Jordan fans that hate that he doesn't give more credit to Michael. Earlier in this series they interviewed him and he mentioned not being a big fan of MJ... he mentioned after the win that he loves Jordan and owes 90% of what he's learned to him. He gave him tons of credit and lots of praise - something all the critics have always wanted him to do.

It's obvious that most everything he said throughout the series and the playoffs were said just to downplay all the hype. He gave in and talked about how big this series was because it was against the Celtics. He also talked about how much he struggled in the game because he was trying too hard, wanting it so bad.

It was nice to finally hear the real Kobe after it all was said and done. He opened up and said what everyone was already thinking. He admitted things that the critics were dying to hear. I just thought it was interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 01:16 PM

8,760 posts, read 16,455,734 times
He's a great player. I'm a Celtics fan so I am naturally disappointed in the final . It was a good series and hope to see them get this far again next year.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM

79 posts, read 212,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
For those that don't like Kobe and criticize him, I think his comments after the game spoke volumes. I know a few Jordan fans that hate that he doesn't give more credit to Michael. Earlier in this series they interviewed him and he mentioned not being a big fan of MJ... he mentioned after the win that he loves Jordan and owes 90% of what he's learned to him. He gave him tons of credit and lots of praise - something all the critics have always wanted him to do.

It's obvious that most everything he said throughout the series and the playoffs were said just to downplay all the hype. He gave in and talked about how big this series was because it was against the Celtics. He also talked about how much he struggled in the game because he was trying too hard, wanting it so bad.

It was nice to finally hear the real Kobe after it all was said and done. He opened up and said what everyone was already thinking. He admitted things that the critics were dying to hear. I just thought it was interesting.
If you could post or point to where I could see him mention jordan after the win? I saw the halftime interview awhile back where he talks about emulating great players however also mentioning hating mj because he was a huge laker fan although noticed similarities in physique.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:06 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,084,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosa View Post
If you could post or point to where I could see him mention jordan after the win? I saw the halftime interview awhile back where he talks about emulating great players however also mentioning hating mj because he was a huge laker fan although noticed similarities in physique.
It was at the podium with his two daughters. Probably on Youtube.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:37 PM

778 posts, read 1,460,742 times
Quote:
I recall him mentioning trying to copy the game of Oscar Robertson, Jerry West and Elgin Baylor with tapes given to him as a kid growing up in Italy where his dad played. I would have thought MJ would be on that list but understandable since he was not yet considered a legend when Kobe was in grade school

Old 06-18-2010, 08:42 PM
JL

7,354 posts, read 11,887,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post

He also gave credit to the Celtics' D which he said was the nastiest he had seen in a while on the radio when i was driving home from work late this afternoon.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:44 PM
JL

7,354 posts, read 11,887,058 times
Quote:
Did anyone notice though how he stood up on the scorer's table and waved his arm to the crowd....does that look familar to someone we all know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or