U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:17 PM
JL JL started this thread

7,351 posts, read 11,876,045 times

Advertisements

Anyone want to make predictions on who goes where? It officially starts July 1st , but the players can only officially sign on July 8th though they can make their intentions known on who they will sign with before the 8th. I expect many decisions to be made in that week. I believe many want to get it rolling with their new teams or even if they remain with their old one due to new coaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 11:32 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,986,113 times
No one who wants to get paid is going to Philly. Elton Brand and Andre Igoudala = cap hell.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
the 76ers seem like they are a long way from being relevant...They are in a tough spot. Anyways to the OP, CP3 kind of shook everything up with this trade talk. If I were CP though I would rather go play in ORL with Howard then _______ insert city there with LBJ. As a Bulls fan I feel confident we will get somebody that makes an impact, whether its a top guy like LeBron or a third teir guy like Boozer

Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 PM

If i were Lebron or Wade, i would recruit Bosh rather than Amare. Bosh > Amare. Darren Collison is going to become a star in this league, so if the Hornets trade CP3 for a good big, it might be in their best interest to do so. From what i remember this past year, the Rockets were seeking to trade for Iguadala and Dalembert, but Philly balked at it, they wanted the Rockets to give up Scola in addition to T-Mac who had an expiring contract. The Rockets didn't want to give up Scola, so the deal fell through. This would've taken Iggy and Dalemberts' contracts off the 76ers books.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:33 PM

219 posts, read 220,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
CP3 kind of shook everything up with this trade talk. If I were CP though I would rather go play in ORL with Howard
That's an interesting idea because I was just saying on another thread here that Orlando needs a ball handler/willing distributor/play-maker. They had it in Turkoglu and Rafer Alston, but let them both go. Jameer Nelson is a scoring point guard and Vince Carter shows that old play-making ability in flashes, but disappeared in the clutch. I don't know the specifics of the NBA salary structure, but I'd throw a few players at New Orleans for CP3 if I were Orlando.

As for July 1st, Bosh to Miami with Wade there makes a ton of sense to me. Here's why:

Wade has openly committed to staying in Miami. That's a big deal in my opinion because other free agents can make moves based on that. They can see more certainty in Miami with the established player than, ie LeBron in Cleveland. Unless LBJ is telling guys behind the scenes he knows where he's going, the other guys are in the dark. I'd think the best plan would be to make the deal as soon as you can if you know where the stability is. And right now, I think that's Miami.

Florida is a no-state-tax state. The players are keeping more of their money. NY, NJ taxed big time. And I heard NY was trying to pass an even higher tax on people making over a quarter million... Other financial factors: cost of living, high; cost of real estate, high. (I live in south Jersey and it's ridiculous, north Jersey is worse.)

South Beach in the winter, or ANYWHERE ELSE (other than LA or Dallas)? No-brainer...

Miami is clearly Wade's team. Bosh, in my opinion, seems like the kinda guy that would get that and not mind being the second guy. His basketball personality might mesh well with Wade's, kinda like Pau Gasol being a perfect fit for Kobe's personality.

LBJ to the Mavericks, sign and trade... Wild guess... Lol

Old 06-24-2010, 02:36 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
Bulls just traded Heinrich so they essentially have unlimited money to throw at 2 free agents

Old 06-24-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Bulls just traded Heinrich so they essentially have unlimited money to throw at 2 free agents
They're going for Bosh and Lebron. I doubt they want Amare.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:10 AM

219 posts, read 220,492 times
There are gonna be some sad teams at the end of all this...

Old 06-25-2010, 10:31 AM

530 posts, read 2,588,242 times
With 3 teams now having room to offer 2 max deals, basically, you can look at it like this--there are 6 max spots available (Knicks, Heat & Bulls have room for 2 max's). The potential max players available are:

Joe Johnson
Lebron
Dirk
Yao
Rudy Gay
Wade
David Lee
Amare
Bosh
Boozer

Obviously not all these guys will get a max. As I compiled this I just included the guys who will get a big contract, whether or not it will be a max.

Probably just take Dirk & Yao off that list. So that leaves 8. Assume Lebron doesn't return to Cavs & he and one of the others go to one team. That leaves 6 for the 2 other teams.

So, just envisioning some scenarios now: Lebron + Bosh go to Bulls, that leaves Joe Johnson, Wade, Rudy Gay, Amare, David Lee & Boozer to split between Heat & Knicks.

Wade is staying in Miami. Say Amare goes to Miami too.

That leaves Joe Johnson & Rudy Gay to Knicks, possibly. They let Lee go. Boozer goes I don't know where.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
With 3 teams now having room to offer 2 max deals, basically, you can look at it like this--there are 6 max spots available (Knicks, Heat & Bulls have room for 2 max's). The potential max players available are:

Joe Johnson
Lebron
Dirk
Yao
Rudy Gay
Wade
David Lee
Amare
Bosh
Boozer

Obviously not all these guys will get a max. As I compiled this I just included the guys who will get a big contract, whether or not it will be a max.

Probably just take Dirk & Yao off that list. So that leaves 8. Assume Lebron doesn't return to Cavs & he and one of the others go to one team. That leaves 6 for the 2 other teams.

So, just envisioning some scenarios now: Lebron + Bosh go to Bulls, that leaves Joe Johnson, Wade, Rudy Gay, Amare, David Lee & Boozer to split between Heat & Knicks.

Wade is staying in Miami. Say Amare goes to Miami too.

That leaves Joe Johnson & Rudy Gay to Knicks, possibly. They let Lee go. Boozer goes I don't know where.
David Lee is the one player that can get overlooked. He's a baller!! Also, If CP3 is on the trading block, it can throw alot of teams off.

If Lebron and Bosh go to the Bulls, it is gonna be frightening for all the other teams. You could have a dynasty right there. If i was a Bulls fan, i would be all giddy right now.

Last edited by JL; 06-25-2010 at 04:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball