U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2010, 04:41 PM

3,087 posts, read 5,847,538 times

Advertisements

Wade emerged from the Knicks' session "intrigued" by what he heard.
And after starting his series of free-agent interviews with the Bulls on Thursday, there's clearly intrigue there as well.

Wade's morning started with the Knicks, who became the fourth team in two days hoping to sway Wade, one of free agency's top players, away from the Miami Heat. The two sides met for 2 hours and 15 minutes before Wade spoke with reporters as he was leaving the hotel.
"It was a good meeting, it was a real good meeting and I will say I'm intrigued," he said, declining further comment before driving away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 05:03 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,882,827 times
I think all the offers will be 'intriguing' for the main free agents. I personally wouldn't read too much into that. Bottomline is, there is obviously something brewing between Wade, Lebron, and Bosh. There will be some combo of that trio playing 'somewhere' next season. Best case is all 3 playing somewhere together( and worst case for the rest of the league).

Old 07-02-2010, 05:08 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,902,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I think all the offers will be 'intriguing' for the main free agents. I personally wouldn't read too much into that. Bottomline is, there is obviously something brewing between Wade, Lebron, and Bosh. There will be some combo of that trio playing 'somewhere' next season. Best case is all 3 playing somewhere together( and worst case for the rest of the league).
The thought of playing second (or third) fiddle to someone else is ultimately going to cause them to second guess the "dynasty" dream.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:59 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,892,592 times
More likely a Bull.

2010 Free Agents: Source says Dwayne Wade leaning toward Chicago Bulls commitment - ESPN[LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Old 07-02-2010, 06:17 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,882,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The thought of playing second (or third) fiddle to someone else is ultimately going to cause them to second guess the "dynasty" dream.
Perhaps, though everyone but Chris Bosh knows that Bosh is a secondary star to either Wade or Lebron. I think Wade and Lebron could co-exist, though I think the more 'effective' tandem would be a perimeter player/inside player combo. At the end of the day, the three of them on one team is an instant contender. If they check their egos at the door, they'd be a serious threat to the Lakers. Thing is though, Wade already has a ring with a finals MVP to boot, so at this stage it's about adding to his legacy. Lebron knows ultimately that he'll be judged by rings, not monstrous stats and MVPs. It's really about what's most important to these guys.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:43 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I have also been hearing about Wade to the Bulls. Funny how he blasted them about a week ago about their loyalty and now he might be signing with them. I'm also hearing Amare to the Knicks looks pretty close.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:25 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,891,477 times
I've heard Wade may give Bulls strong consideration, as his ex lives in Chicago w his kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or