Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:49 PM

17 posts, read 17,154 times

Advertisements

The lakers are battle tested and cohesive. They are led by a superstar who is not scared and plays aggressive everynight. Lebron was scared to be the number one man.. he was scared to be a Michael or Kobe. IMO Lebron took the easy way out. He quit in the Playoffs. Kobes finger was destroyed and he gave everything he had in the Finals series. It will be poetic justice IF the Heat reach the Finals to watch the greatest player of this generation Kobe bean Bryant, put the final stamp on his greatness and end the Lebron is better than kobe bs..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 07:50 PM

897 posts, read 1,687,864 times
I think The Lakers would still take them. Miami I think will suprise folks and win the East this coming Season.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:03 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
You're getting to ahead of yourself, Boston, Chicago, & Orlando still exist. Heat will have to get passed them first.

I know they're the heavy favorite, but you really can't predicts these kinds of things with sports.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,652 times
I was wrong about him, many were saying his ego wouldn't let him share the spotlight but that obviously isn't true.

If he can't lead a team (which some say he can't) it was smart of him to go somewhere that he didn't have to.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:16 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
As much as I am a Laker fan, I think the whole game has shifted now and Miami is the epicenter. If the Heat can't dominate for several years than there would definitely be something wrong. ESPN commentators are saying that a 2011 championship for Miami will likely not happen but that there is no doubt that the Heat could easily dominate for at least 5 yrs and win 3 out of the next 5 seasons.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:24 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG4251 View Post
The lakers are battle tested and cohesive. They are led by a superstar who is not scared and plays aggressive everynight. Lebron was scared to be the number one man.. he was scared to be a Michael or Kobe. IMO Lebron took the easy way out. He quit in the Playoffs. Kobes finger was destroyed and he gave everything he had in the Finals series. It will be poetic justice IF the Heat reach the Finals to watch the greatest player of this generation Kobe bean Bryant, put the final stamp on his greatness and end the Lebron is better than kobe bs..
You're thinking way too far ahead. Get out of the West first, then talk about beating the Eastern Conference best.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:12 PM

60 posts, read 46,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
You're thinking way too far ahead. Get out of the West first, then talk about beating the Eastern Conference best.

The Lakers have, unless Yao comes back and dominates for the Rockets (who I fear the most in the West esp. with a healthy yao)

Other than that, the Lakers should represent the West again (if no significant injuries happen)

Old 07-08-2010, 09:16 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie_Hoffman1 View Post
The Lakers have, unless Yao comes back and dominates for the Rockets (who I fear the most in the West esp. with a healthy yao)

Other than that, the Lakers should represent the West again (if no significant injuries happen)
Lakers are the team to beat next year until someone knocks them off, but take it game by game. I'm only thinking about what the Rockets can do in this free agency right now!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:32 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
You're getting to ahead of yourself, Boston, Chicago, & Orlando still exist. Heat will have to get passed them first.

I know they're the heavy favorite, but you really can't predicts these kinds of things with sports.

Thank you Sir. Great post.

People are already forgetting about these powerhouses that honestly have a better all around cast than the Heat.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:29 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie_Hoffman1 View Post

No they haven't, they season hasn't started, I know what you mean tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball