Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 01:38 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,210,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
It's not the decision he made that's the problem, it's the way he made the decision. He strung cleveland on and on making them think he might stay. Mean while, the cavs couldn't make any moves until they knew what lebron was going to do. Had lebron went to gilbert in early june and said "hey, I'm not staying" there wouldn't be such an outrage.
Exactly. All the people criticizing the Cavs fans seem to ignore this or have not followed the way this whole thing was conducted. It did not have to be like this. They are also hypocrites because you know any other fan base would act the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,996 times
couple things come to mind...first, Dan Gilbert did completely the wrong thing and showed no class. He should have just sucked it up and moved forward, maybe making a brief statement about the future of the team.

so, if LeBron leaves the Cavs he's a no-good quitter but if he had stayed Gilbert would have been touted him as "not a quitter, somebody who hangs in there no matter what". If you look at the tapes, his playoff efforts don't change, whether if he stayed or goes. If he had stayed, would Gilbert be saying he quit during the playoffs...of couse not.

If Gilbert wanted him to stay so badly, why didn't he surround him with better players. I mean, one guy can't do it all, and I think that was part of his decision...he was tired of carrying the whole team all the time.

LeBron stayed for 7 years, fulfilled his contract and let's face it, 7 years in Cleveland is no easy time (even if he is a native Ohioan). He gave the fans, the town more than they ever had before. I can understand the town being upset but to be doing all this is ridiculous. But actually, it probably is making his decision alot easier because he won't be looking back now.

By the way, I think ESPN showing LeBron his burning jersey during the show was very low...one of the lowest things I think I have ever seen on sports TV. They could have waited until the post-coverage.

I wish LeBron well...the only thing I am worried about in Miami is too many distractions there, if you know what I mean.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:52 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
This is funny I found this on twitter

LeBron James Slam Dunk

Dimensions: 3'2"W x 6'7"H
Price: $99.99 $17.41

LeBron James Slam Dunk - Cleveland Cavaliers - NBA - Fathead Official Site

Fathead (owned by dan gilbert) is selling all LBJ items for $17.41 -- Benedict Arnold was born in 1741. Amazing

Old 07-09-2010, 01:56 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Maybe, but "The King" doesn't have to go along with anything he doesn't want to.
If he wants them to continue kissing his butt in the future, he'd better had done the show.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:01 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
If he wants them to continue kissing his butt in the future, he'd better had done the show.
A creation of media hype, owes their whole career to it. IF James wins a championship in Miami, it will be despite him.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:04 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Seems like it was his idea from what I've read.

LeBron James went too far with 'Decision' | Deseret News

Old 07-09-2010, 02:06 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Seems like it was his idea from what I've read.

LeBron James went too far with 'Decision' | Deseret News
Do you want me to help you give LeBron a wedgie?

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Im not a Cleveland fan, but I emphathize with Lebrons actions. It's one thing to leave a team for another, but to do it like this is a slap in the face to a city that doesn't have the money of an LA or NY or even Dallas. I think Cleveland went above and beyond to try to make Lebron happy. They did all they could to help him win. The bottom line is Lebron went out like a spoiled, entitled diva.

To the franchise that bent over backwards for you, this is how you repay them.

His whole interview was how "he" has done so much for Cleveland. "He" has taken them to heights which they never have been. Well how lucky for them, that they were graced with such greatness.

What about what "they" have done for you. He is a wimp in my book. Had to run to a team with superstars because deep down he knows that he needs the like of Wade, and Bosh to win. I love his reference that every championship team has a few good players. I almost fell out of my seat when referencing chicago and calling Horace Grant a superstar. My dear Lebron, we know your young, but news flash. MJ had Scotty. They never even had a true center. To even assume Horace grant was on their level is at the least ignorance.

How about you thank Cleveland for all that they have done for you. After all, what have you done for them. You got eliminated 4-0 in your only finals appearance. Then bouced out of the playoffs more than once in the first round. My my, you are really high on yourself.

Go play behind Wade, he has already proven that he can carry one over sized ego. Hey Shaq!

1,863 posts, read 4,297,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
It is getting worse this morning, some quotes:

“He has gotten a free pass,” Gilbert said in a phone interview with The AP. “People have covered up for (James) for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is.”

“He quit,” Gilbert said. “Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar.”

The Cavaliers were beaten by 32 points in Game 5. During the game, James appeared distracted and uninterested, often glaring at Cleveland’s coaches as the Cavs tried to foul to get back into the game in the second half...Gilbert also said he believes James quit on the Cavs in Game 6 of their series in 2009against Orlando. “Go back and look at the tape,” he said. “How many shots did he take?”
Let me guess- if he had stayed with the Cavs, all these facts he just pointed out would have been forgotten, right? Dude sounds like a sore loser.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:12 PM

996 posts, read 1,896,043 times
RIP Cleveland.

I'm upset at Lebron for not going to New York, and said some things I can't repeat on here, but Mr. Gilbert, if he is a "quiter" then WHY did you want him so bad?

I smell a bad sport, and a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball