U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 12:48 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,219,546 times

Advertisements

^^^Really? How do you think it would go down, if it were to happen?

I know for sure he won't be going to the Nets now. Supposedly Jason Kidd put an end to that. If the Lakers could come up with something, Melo would definitely sign there but I don't see him signing with anyone else but the Knicks and no team is going to trade for him without him signing the extension. Golden State was the only team willing to take a chance but they didn't have enough to offer the Nuggets.

I think the Nuggets are going to end up losing him for nothing once he becomes a free agent. The Nuggets keep trying to add K-Mart and J.R. Smith to the deals, and other teams do not want K-Mart's big contract and no one knows when he's going to be able to contribute and J.R. Smith is too unpredictable for anyone to want to take a chance on. The Nuggets are trying to do too much in the trade for Melo and they're going to end up with nothing because he's not going to resign with them. He's sold his house, his wife and kid is in Cali, he has no ties to Denver except his Nuggets uniform. He's going to work real hard this season but it won't be for the Nuggets, it's going to be to improve his value for free agency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 02:31 AM

Fans boo Melo at WEC event.

Fans boo Melo at WEC event; Pepsi Center next? | All Things Nuggets

Wow! I'm actually surprised they booed him but I guess it is clear to everyone except the Nuggets Org. that he has no plans on signing the extension/staying a Nugget. So with that being the case I guess the fans have decided not to support him. Between the drama going on with Melo, K-Mart, Karl, etc. I doubt the Nuggets do much of anything this season. Too many distractions/personal agendas going on. Supposedly the Nuggets are still having trade talks regarding Melo, but they're opting to keep things much quieter this time around because of the public disappointment of the Nets deal falling apart. However it's now been stated that Melo will only sign the extension if it in return sends him to the Knicks or the Lakers.

It's also been said that the Nuggets Org. is handling the trade disscussions very poorly and other teams are not willing to risk the current chemistry of their team to discuss trade options with the Nuggets and they're really not serious about trading Melo. I think Melo has realized with the boos, fans are not stupid and they know his intentions so although that reaction is the very thing he's been trying to avoid, the writing is already on the wall no matter how hard he tries to down play it.

ETA: The Nuggets are supposedly talking with the Knicks about a trade and the Nuggets are giving Melo until the end of training camp to sign and if he hasn't the Nuggets plan to pull the trigger on the trade before opening night.

Last edited by Shysister; 10-02-2010 at 03:00 AM..

Old 10-02-2010, 11:16 PM
JL

6,363 posts, read 6,897,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
^^^Really? How do you think it would go down, if it were to happen?

I know for sure he won't be going to the Nets now. Supposedly Jason Kidd put an end to that. If the Lakers could come up with something, Melo would definitely sign there but I don't see him signing with anyone else but the Knicks and no team is going to trade for him without him signing the extension. Golden State was the only team willing to take a chance but they didn't have enough to offer the Nuggets.

I think the Nuggets are going to end up losing him for nothing once he becomes a free agent. The Nuggets keep trying to add K-Mart and J.R. Smith to the deals, and other teams do not want K-Mart's big contract and no one knows when he's going to be able to contribute and J.R. Smith is too unpredictable for anyone to want to take a chance on. The Nuggets are trying to do too much in the trade for Melo and they're going to end up with nothing because he's not going to resign with them. He's sold his house, his wife and kid is in Cali, he has no ties to Denver except his Nuggets uniform. He's going to work real hard this season but it won't be for the Nuggets, it's going to be to improve his value for free agency.
K-Mart has an expiring contract, but i guess teams don't want a guy who might not even play at all with his major knee surgery. He would actually be a good trade bait if he could play at all.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
K-Mart has an expiring contract, but i guess teams don't want a guy who might not even play at all with his major knee surgery. He would actually be a good trade bait if he could play at all.
I think the teams just want Melo and that's it and that's whats making it hard for the Nuggets cos they keep trying to put Melo in a package deal when teams are only interested in Melo.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:11 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I think the teams just want Melo and that's it and that's whats making it hard for the Nuggets cos they keep trying to put Melo in a package deal when teams are only interested in Melo.
If Martin can show that he will be able to play this year, i think other teams won't mind a package of Martin and Melo since like i said, his contract is expiring. Those teams would probably prefer to do the trade around the trade deadline unless they're already a contender, then they would want to do the deal soon to develop chemistry quicker.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:05 PM

^^^Yeah I think the teams are probably waiting till closer to the trade deadline that way they can see where their team is and what the addition of Melo, etc. will contribute to the team. I know they were saying that chemistry was a big concern to the teams which is why they're trying to keep Melo trade talks mute because the teams do not want to effect their current players state of mind.

The Nuggets fans didn't boo Melo at the fan jam. They all cheered and chanted 'Melo don't go' and held up signs showing their support. They are going to be crushed when Melo leaves.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:07 AM
JL

The Nets should do whatever they can to get Melo w/o giving up Lopez. They didn't do a very good job offensively against the Rockets in China for both games.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:57 PM

I believe the Nets did try as hard as they could to accommodate the Nuggets request but like I stated previously, the Nuggets continue to try and hold out thinking they're going to get a better offer and teams are not going to waste their time going back and forth with the Nuggets indecisiveness at their expense. Personally I think the Nuggets deserve to loose Melo for nothing because they are not being realistic with their approach to getting him traded. Not saying Melo is not a good player but the Nuggets are asking too much for him and with all the attention being on the Heat right now, teams really don't have to be in a rush to get Melo this season and just wait till he becomes a free agent and they won't have to deal with the Nuggets at all because it's pretty evident Melo will not be a Nugget next season so other teams really don't have a reason to be desperate to get Melo right now when they can just wait it out and let the Nuggets hang themselves.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:01 PM

Well looks like the Nuggets asked Melo earlier this week when the team got back to Denver from being in LA, was he ready to sign the extension and he said no. So now they are supposedly going to try to work out the deal with the Knicks that's on the table and try to get him traded before the season opener.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:17 AM

1,444 posts, read 2,283,331 times
Melo come to Houston Yao and brooks could use a leader to put the Rockets over the top. Gave the Lakers a game last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball