U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:43 PM

175 posts, read 331,948 times

Advertisements

Bucks let one slip away last night. They had a lead early against Denver, but made some mental mistakes both offensively and defensively, allowing the Nuggets to not only get back into the game but take the lead (and win). It's alright though, Denver is a good solid team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 PM

7,675 posts, read 18,902,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter21 View Post
Bucks let one slip away last night. They had a lead early against Denver, but made some mental mistakes both offensively and defensively, allowing the Nuggets to not only get back into the game but take the lead (and win). It's alright though, Denver is a good solid team.
The bucks could have easily been 4-0, losing two games by collapsing in the 3rd or 4th QTR. I wish the buck would go back to the early 70's uniforms. I love the Bucks court design though!

Old 06-28-2012, 07:05 PM

John Henson | DRAFT 2012 Prospects | NBA.com

Well what do you expect with the 14th pick, this is Tobias Harris 2.0!

Old 06-29-2012, 01:07 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,667,933 times
Actually Henson was projected to be a lottery pick, so I thought the Bucks came out of 14th pick pretty well------Henson is a strong rebounder, exactly what the Bucks need. If Sanders continues to develop, the addition of Dalembert, the Bucks interior game picks up considerably.

The second round pick of Doron Lamb Kentucky is a good pick-------he can really light it up-------this is Jody Meeks again but this time let him develop as a scorer off the bench and dont trade him.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:22 PM

The Bucks will surprise a lot of teams and fans this year, the Bucks blowing out Boston tonight and in Boston, Bucks largest lead so far has been 22. I see the Bucks a 5-8 seed.

The Official Milwaukee Bucks Thread-134743_10151114405697817_1976457931_o.jpg

Old 12-21-2012, 05:00 PM

139 posts, read 108,918 times
Hey I found you Milwaukee City.
Why did they let Leuer go?
I was pretty excited about that. A Badger guy on the Bucks.
Bucks started pretty good but the last couple games I saw it seemed like something was just not clicking. I always think they play exceptional when they play like a team, pass a lot.
What do you think of Coach Skiles?

By the way, I am rather a newcomer to the NBA. Bear with me and be patient.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwis9 View Post
Hey I found you Milwaukee City.
Why did they let Leuer go?
I was pretty excited about that. A Badger guy on the Bucks.
Bucks started pretty good but the last couple games I saw it seemed like something was just not clicking. I always think they play exceptional when they play like a team, pass a lot.
What do you think of Coach Skiles?

By the way, I am rather a newcomer to the NBA. Bear with me and be patient.
Leuer is now on the Cavs, Yeah I agree I really liked him I could see him turning into another Steve Novak. I think they traded him mainly because they needed a big guy fast and while it would have been nice to have him on the bucks I think they just didn't have room for him, which sucks because obviously he was a instant fan favorite but a decent player as well.

It has been said Skiles would be a great college coach or a great NBA coach.....back in 1950. It's more of a sad commentary of today's players if you ask me. Today's NBA players don't love playing defense, they don't like fundamentals, they don't like being benched if they are not performing. Skiles is known for benching the whole starting squad and put in all bench players. Basically Skiles does what he thinks is best for the team and doesn't care if the players pissed with him. Skiles also doesn't spend any time massaging today's NBA ego's. Scott is a traditional NBA coach and old school guy in a uber sensitive NBA league where star players need to be babied.

One thing we all know is that Herbie Kohl needs to go and sell the team. It's no coincidence that the bucks were the winningest nba team from 1970-1991 only 3 years after Herb bought the team.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:36 PM

Now that was a game vs Boston! Bucks win season series taking 3 out of 4. As a Bucks fan you should absoultey hate 2 teams more than any other team out there, The Boston Celtics and The Philadelphia 76ers and I will tell you why.

These are all playoff loses:

1974 Lost to Boston in the NBA Finals
1981 Lost to Philly in the Conference Semifinals
1982 Lost to Philly in the Conference Semifinals
1983 Lost to Philly in the Conference Finals
1984 Lost to Boston in the Conference Finals
1985 Lost to Philly in the Conference Semifinals
1986 Lost to Boston in the Conference Finals
1987 Lost to Boston in the Conference Semifinals
1991 Lost to Philly in the First Round
2001 Lost to Philly in the Conference Finals* This one hurts because the west was so down that year every expert said who ever won the Eastern Conference finals would win the NBA finals.

That's 6 playoff loses to Philly and 4 to Boston.

List of Milwaukee Bucks seasons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-22-2012, 07:40 AM

I wasnt too happy with that game.Yeah, the score tilted in the right direction, but 23 turnovers, something like a -19 differential in turnover points?
I thought a bunch of old guys, just keep up the pressure and they will wear down. Bucks will have a cake walk. Nope, didnt quite happen that way.
Still, it was a good win, taking the series finally.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:44 AM

Hey will I get into trouble if I post two times in a row in same thread on this forum???

Regardless, remember a couple of years ago when the Bucks made the playoffs? Bogut was still there. Was it John Salmon? Not sure of name. But they got there that year on pure heart. They didnt have the talent of the other teams, but they sure had heart.

Maybe Bogut made a diff in the attitude of this team. They sure dont have it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball