Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Orange Sampson violated the Texting policy- it was wrong but not like payola.

You are clearly clueless as to Eric Gordon in fact so much so that your post is totally dishonest.

Eric was often considered a one and done player yet he is so loyal to IU that his Eric Gordon All Stars has become one of the prime recruiting grounds for Tom Creen. Yes Eric did cite some problems at IU under Sampson but he knew he would be drafted and probably knew he would be an instant success. He scored 27 in his last game - too bad he plays for the horrible Clippers. He still talks fondly about IU and has attended some events.
Huh? Whats dishonest? He made a verbal commitment to U of I and backed out. I didn't say he belonged in jail, just he left Illinois in a tough spot, please explain what is dishonest. What does his pro career have to do with anything?

I would say starting a thread acting like the entire university of Indiana is made up of future saints is the only dishonest thing about this thread. I am all for discussion about teams/schools but overt homerism is a pretty tough read for everyone else.

Speaking of dishonesty, Sampson was a known shadeball before Indiana even hired him. Oh and also, your golden boy Eric Gordon pretty much outed the rest of his teammates for drug use. So did you want to revise who is being dishonest here? I'll accept your apology anytime now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 07:36 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,142 times
You would have more credibility if you actually knew the name of the school. There is no University of Indiana-- its always been IU - Indiana University. I wouldn't expect the yokel off the street in say South Carolina to know that but someone who claims to understand college basketball.

Are the Orangemen from Ithica University.

Before Sampson - Sports Illustrated rated all the athletic programs based on academics - lack of sanctions etc Indiana did not come in first in the nation but it was tops among public schools and received an "A" -- don' t know about any University of Indiana but I'm sure you think you do.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
You would have more credibility if you actually knew the name of the school. There is no University of Indiana-- its always been IU - Indiana University. I wouldn't expect the yokel off the street in say South Carolina to know that but someone who claims to understand college basketball.

Are the Orangemen from Ithica University.

Before Sampson - Sports Illustrated rated all the athletic programs based on academics - lack of sanctions etc Indiana did not come in first in the nation but it was tops among public schools and received an "A" -- don' t know about any University of Indiana but I'm sure you think you do.
Did you see how the U was not caps when I used it, I was using the word university as an adj there (I suppose the "of" could have been changed to "in" if you really want to get proper), not as a proper name. But yeah, go ahead point those semantics out and fail at showing where I was dishonest, or refute any of my points.

The Orange in my handle has nothing to do with an allegiance I have, I went to NW, I take no pride in our athletics for obvious reasons.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Did you see how the U was not caps when I used it, I was using the word university as an adj there (I suppose the "of" could have been changed to "in" if you really want to get proper), not as a proper name. But yeah, go ahead point those semantics out and fail at showing where I was dishonest, or refute any of my points.

The Orange in my handle has nothing to do with an allegiance I have, I went to NW, I take no pride in our athletics for obvious reasons.
Sorry, but it does come across as a bit ignorant. No one refers to the U of I as Illinois University. But I think you just hit a nerve common amongst a lot of IU folk. Don't yell at me -- I'm not an IU fan. I'm just surrounded by them.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:59 PM

^^^ And thats fine, it doesn't take away from my overall point. I clearly called them by their proper name earlier in this thread, its a pretty obvious red herring though from the core subject matter of what we were discussing.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:52 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Quote:
Doubt it - anymore than the Yankees and Giants want to emulate Detroit.

Perhaps you have just been following basketball for 3 years. Indiana had this Bobby Knight guy and many didn't like him but he made kids go to class, gave IU an excellent grad rate, almost never did a player get arrested and no probation. He took over in 1972 or so. In case you are mathematically challenged 1972 predates when Butler became a decent team by over 20 years. Butler still has no titles and after the beating they took last night, they won't get one this year either. IU has 5 national titles and is the last team to go undefeated.
Lay off the hippie lettuce dude! While I'm not a Knight hater, I do think he's a hateful, angry, grumpy old man who needs some anger management classes!

I do agree that TC is a great coach and has IU on the right path. It would be nice to see IU make it to the NCAA tournament this year. With that said, I just don't understand the anti-Butler attitude most IU fans have these days.

As a North Carolina fan, I was disappointed we didn't get Zeller but wish him nothing but the best, I think he'll be a star at IU......

Old 12-01-2010, 03:45 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,142 times
Since these posts IU got commitments from Yogi Ferrel - ranked the #2 guard in the nation as well as two top 2013 recruits. On the other hand their transfer from a college in Idaho has been ruled ineligible - they will be horrible this season ( they are 6-0 vs cupcakes) but each year after that will be much improved. Their 2012 class will probably be the top ranked.

I like Cal as well. They are even younger than IU -4 freshmen who play the majority of the game as well as an upperclassman who missed all last year with an injury. They beat #20 Temple but then lost to an unranked team the next day.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:16 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
They just received commitments from the top two Indiana players for 2013 and a week or two back Hanner Perea a national top 10 player for 2012.
Can somebody tell me the last time these guys won a Big Ten title? Right now they might be the third or fourth best team in the Big Ten behind Ohio State, Michigan State and Illinois.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:27 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Can somebody tell me the last time these guys won a Big Ten title? Right now they might be the third or fourth best team in the Big Ten behind Ohio State, Michigan State and Illinois.
Don't forget Purdue. IU may be behind Wisconsin, too. Crean will bring IU back, but it'll be a few years.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:31 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Indiana is at best 7th in the Big Ten right now.

Ohio State
Michigan State
Purdue
Wisconsin
Illinois
Minnesota

Indiana

Michigan
Indiana
Northwestern
Penn State
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball