U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:27 PM

369 posts, read 689,034 times

Advertisements

Go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,201,268 times
Well Tony Parker lost his spot when he sexted Erin Barry do I gotta go d-will. Best mix of defense, offense, leadership and isn't a cry baby with his team.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:02 PM

2,368 posts, read 6,831,234 times
Russell Westbrook or Derrick Rose, because they can pass as well , and they are better scorers than either Deron Williams and Chris Paul.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:25 PM

927 posts, read 1,209,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Russell Westbrook or Derrick Rose, because they can pass as well , and they are better scorers than either Deron Williams and Chris Paul.
Russell Westbrook is nothing more than a flash in the pan. Same with Derrick Rose. Rose is especially overrated. He has to play so much and adds up the stats because there isn't crap else on the team talent wise. Chris Paul gets my vote for best in the league. He can take two otherwise mediocre players, namely West and Okafor, and make them seem like world beaters. Add to that his phenomenal ball handling skills and his scoring prowess and there is no one better. I hate Paul btw because I wish Tony were as good.

Tony has the Championship hardware of course but then again having Tim and Manu on his team didn't hurt either.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:48 AM

133 posts, read 348,611 times
Chris Paul aka CP3.

CP3 knows the game VERY well like every Point Guard should. You dont see much flaws in his game on the court. He can do everything on the court.

How bout when CP3 dropped:
17 points 16 assist vs. Brandon Jennings.
18-7-7 against Chauncey Billups and the Nuggets.
13 points 19 assist vs the Miami Heat.
20 points 11 assist vs Jason Kidd and the Mavericks.
25-7-7 against Tony Parker and the SAS.
16 points 13 assist against Andre Miller and the Trailblazers.

Kobe has many games where he's missed over 15 shots but we still consider him the best. Don't use single game stats just to show how bad someone is. Deron Williams isn't as defensive as the LEAGUE LEADER IN STEALS which is Chris Paul. Sorry I can't name points guards that can take a lottery team to a playoff team better than Chris Paul. (I do think D-will is just as good) but no other point guards is in that other level like CP3 and D-Will.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:58 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,201,268 times
Quote:
westbrook averages 2 ppg more then dwill, 2 LESS assists, shoots a lower % and turns the ball over more (about .5 per game more)
rose averages 3 points more then dwill, nearly 3 less assists, shoots a slightly lower % and again slightly more turn overs.

cp3 averages .3 more assists then dwill, 6 ppg less, slightly higher % and about 1 less turn over. dwill had 26, 11 assists, 3 rebounds and 5 steals against cp3. chris paul had 17, 9, 3,5 in the same game. they both shot 50% and 100% from the line, but dwill shot 4 of 5 from three compared to 1 of 3 for cp.

(steals ARE NOT defense. steals especially for a guard are gambles not good defense)

dwill IS the best pg in the league. cp3 is close behind, and when rondo gets a jumper he will be the best pg hands down.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:22 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,684 times
Dwill normally outplays CP3 head to head, but in terms of teams Dwill over the years has had more to work with. I don't think you can go wrong with either one to be honest. Comparing stats to each other is fruitless because each of them produces depending on what their respective team needs.

Rose and Westbrook are two highly talented players who are very gifted physically. I think it's a disservice to say either is overrated. They're still learning the game.

The best 'pure' Point Guard, in the Stockton mold, is probably Rondo.

Truthfully, we're in something of a golden era for point guards. All the guys I mentioned above are like 25 and under. And I haven't even mentioned the 'graybeards' like Nash and Kidd. Or Parker, who seems like he's been around forever but is just 28.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:47 PM

369 posts, read 689,034 times
1. CP3 (all around game, few holes, slightly better D than D will)
1a. D-Will (excellent court vision, pick and roll master, improved 3 point shooting)
2. Rondo (Amazing athlete, limited due to poor free throws and shooting in general)
3. Everyone else: Rose, Westbrook, Nash,

Most improved pg- Jrue Holiday...this kid is the future and can play!

Old 12-03-2010, 04:30 PM
JL

7,354 posts, read 11,888,807 times
CP3 and DWilliams or vice-versa, i'll take either one.. . It depends on what a team needs too. If you want one that can get every other teammate involved and look good, you should go with Paul. He is making Okafor, West, Ariza,etc look like all-stars. If you want one who can score or come up with big shots when needed, i would go with DWilliams.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:19 PM

2,368 posts, read 6,831,234 times
Quote:
I Forgot about Rondo, thats my vote for top pg because of his great passing ability. He doesn't really need to be a scorer on that team because its such a deep squad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball