U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 12:44 PM

22 posts, read 48,731 times

Advertisements

The Heat need a big man that can rebound, defend, and finish around the basket. Whenever they play a team with just a average big man their lack of a inside present get exposed. Losing Haslem hurt them more than Mike Miller being out. I think someone like Varenjo, Perkins, or Camby would be a great fit for this team but none of these players are available. Also, they need to get a point guard that can at least defend.

Right now they are on a roll but during this win streak they have only beaten 3 teams over .500 which include a Hawks team without Joe Johnson and a floundering Hornets team. I think they are going to be tested the rest of this month because they have to play the Knicks twice, LA, and Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 12:58 PM

28,352 posts, read 26,361,639 times
Size (or lack thereof) is definitely their most glaring weakness. Lebron James is bigger than Joel Anthony and that's a problem. They should have gotten Boozer instead of Bosh.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:00 PM

52,179 posts, read 41,971,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Size (or lack thereof) is definitely their most glaring weakness. Lebron James is bigger than Joel Anthony and that's a problem. They should have gotten Boozer instead of Bosh.
Agreed!

Old 12-14-2010, 02:11 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,890,663 times
Boozer is short for a power forward by today's standards, Bosh is very slight. This Heat team probably needs a 'Ben Wallace' type rebounder/defender moreso than a scoring big. Wade and Lebron are good for 50 points by themselves, then you add Mike Miller in January. Scoring isn't an issue, but they need to have more mobile big men. Big Z, Magloire, and Juwan Howard are all slow-footed, Anthony as a well to a lesser extent.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,917,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatone54us View Post
The Heat need a big man that can rebound, defend, and finish around the basket. Whenever they play a team with just a average big man their lack of a inside present get exposed. Losing Haslem hurt them more than Mike Miller being out. I think someone like Varenjo, Perkins, or Camby would be a great fit for this team but none of these players are available. Also, they need to get a point guard that can at least defend.

Right now they are on a roll but during this win streak they have only beaten 3 teams over .500 which include a Hawks team without Joe Johnson and a floundering Hornets team. I think they are going to be tested the rest of this month because they have to play the Knicks twice, LA, and Dallas.
Verajo has been rumored in possible trades and the Blazers are said to be trading to get younger, so Camby could be dangled out there also. Not sure if the Cavs would do a deal with the Heat. The problem for the Heat is who can they trade in return that's valuable for the opposing team. I heard they already gave up their 1st round picks for the next several yrs during the Beasley deal or something. They did get that 1.5mil exception for Haslem's injury, but that probably won't get them a quality big or pt. guard. I still wouldn't doubt Riley's abilitiy though to make something happen.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:34 AM

52,179 posts, read 41,971,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Verajo has been rumored in possible trades and the Blazers are said to be trading to get younger, so Camby could be dangled out there also. Not sure if the Cavs would do a deal with the Heat. The problem for the Heat is who can they trade in return that's valuable for the opposing team. I heard they already gave up their 1st round picks for the next several yrs during the Beasley deal or something. They did get that 1.5mil exception for Haslem's injury, but that probably won't get them a quality big or pt. guard. I still wouldn't doubt Riley's abilitiy though to make something happen.
Frankly, I'd take a big guy to anchor the paint. Both Lebron and Wade can run that offense as psuedo-point which isn't perfect but it's doable.

The Bulls at their peak essentially used Pippen as their pt. guard.

Also, look for Bosh to be a good 20lbs heavier next year with some heavy weight training....I'd bet money that Riley already has him on one.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:28 AM

10,963 posts, read 8,075,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Agreed!

Boozer is injury proine and I don't think he is excpetional in terms of running the floor. Granted he adds some bulk inside but I'd take Bosh over him in terms of overall athletic ability.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:29 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,890,663 times
Bosh adding 20lbs isn't going to be good unless he redefines himself as a post player. Maybe he won't get bullied under the rim by larger PFs/centers, but I can't see extra weight being a good thing for his current offensive game. I still don't get why Lebron, with his size and strength/athleticism, can't develop a post game. Kobe has done wonders for extending his career by adding that post dimension to his repertoire. Lebron still plays with the mindset that he can just out-athlete everyone. Lebron, it goes at some point, bruh. See Julius Erving, Michael Jordan, Dominique Wilkins, Clyde Drexler, Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:46 PM

7,475 posts, read 20,254,056 times
They are bad right now, but they will get much worse..! No room for three ego on that, or any other team.. They will be hating each other before long......

Old 12-16-2010, 12:58 AM

711 posts, read 980,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
They are bad right now, but they will get much worse..! No room for three ego on that, or any other team.. They will be hating each other before long......
Did you not notice that the so called three egos played together for team USA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball