U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:46 AM

371 posts, read 522,848 times

Advertisements

I like how Yao Ming was elected the starting center for the West. Commissioner David Stern is supposed to choose a replacement sometime soon. I think it'll be Tyson Chandler of the Mavericks.. of course, though, this coming from a Dallas fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 02:19 PM

1,676 posts, read 2,740,147 times
Sucks none of my Spurs are starters, even though they got the best record.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,920,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The general formula for MVP voting is that you are the best player on a team with one of the top records in the league.

After that criteria it gets really really messy like with LEbron\Wade on the same team etc.

If the Lakers finish 2nd in the west I can see Kobe winning it again....since the other teams have multiple guys with some degree of parity.

Rose is too young to the league to win yet.

Frankly, if the vote is today and I have to bet on one player....I have to go with Kobe.
I understand the formula, and in that regard I consider Derrick Rose the front-running candidate.

I'm not a subscriber to the belief that Rose is too young. It's the old 'he has to pay his dues' theory. Nonsense. Rose has kept the Bulls on course despite the absence of Boozer and Yoah for stretches. Statistically, he's right there. Team-wise, the record is there. The mere fact that he's got the Bulls positioned with one of the better records despite playing without key starters at times, is the very definition of MVP to me.

The Lakers have been wildly inconsistent all year, and some of that blame needs to fall at the feet of Kobe as the unquestioned leader of the team. Yeah, he's played well particularly of late, but Rose has been doing so since day one with key starters out of the lineup as previously mentioned. If someone is voting for Kobe today, in my opinion it's based moreso on his name and reputation and not because he's the unquestioned MVP of the league.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:59 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,283,414 times
rookie sophomore game rosters are out. i gotta go with the rooks.

Quote:
ROOKIES
Eric Bledsoe (Clippers)
DeMarcus Cousins (Kings)
Derrick Favors (Nets)
Landry Fields (Knicks)
Blake Griffin (Clippers)
Wes Johnson (Timberwolves)
Greg Monroe (Pistons)
Gary Neal (Spurs)
John Wall (Wizards)
Head coach: Mike Budenholzer (Spurs)
Assistants: Amar’e Stoudemire, Kevin McHale

SOPHOMORES
DeJuan Blair (Spurs)
DeMar DeRozan (Raptors)
Stephen Curry (Warriors)
Tyreke Evans (Kings)
Taj Gibson (Bulls)
Jrue Holiday (76ers)
Serge Ibaka (Thunder)
Brandon Jennings (Bucks)
Wes Matthews (Blazers)
Head coach: (Assistant from team with best record in the East as of Feb. 6)
Assistant coaches: Carmelo Anthony, Steve Kerr

Old 02-10-2011, 08:18 AM

1,676 posts, read 2,740,147 times
since when was the All-Star game in the late half of the third week of Feb?? Was it because the didnt want to compete with the Superbowl??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or