U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 06:19 PM
JL

7,352 posts, read 11,885,191 times

Advertisements

I believe Kenyon Martin is good as gone as a free agent since he has been whining about the Nuggets not giving him an extension. Nene has 1 yr left i believe and all indications are is that he wants to be traded, so if Bynum and Odom are traded to the Nuggets, Nene would also be traded elsewhere. The Lakers get the most coveted FA right now in Melo along with the Birdman who is Mr. Hustle!! At least my proposal is not lopsided either way. As a GM once said, you have to give up some value to get something of value.

The other one would be Andre Miller for Lamar Odom. This gives the Lakers a playmaking pt. guard who can create for his teammates and the Blazers get some size back with the versatile Odom who can play center at times if needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 07:40 PM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
We can spin scenarios forever but the bottom line is that Artest and Walton are largely untradeable and Bynum is also a lot of cap room for a guy with chronic injuries at the age of 23.

Pretty much ANY team looking to trade players is going to get a better offer than taking the Lakers garbage or collection of 2nd round picks (can you day D-league?). I just don't see it happening so the Lakers have to just hope Bynum is healthy come playoff time and then maybe they canrun a big line-up at times playing odom at the 3 etc.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:36 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
looks like the lakers and nuggets are having SOME talks.

Quote:
The Denver Nuggets have had preliminary discussions with the Los Angeles Lakers on a Carmelo Anthony trade, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Tuesday.

More on the Lakers

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky Brothers. Blog

The Lakers' package would be built around center Andrew Bynum. Denver has no interest in Ron Artest and isn't particularly interested in Lamar Odom either, sources said. A straight-up deal of Bynum for Anthony works financially, but there could be other players involved since Denver would look to shed more salary if possible.

Sources described the talks as in their infancy, and a three-way deal between the Knicks, Nuggets and Wolves is very much alive.

Bynum is averaging 11.3 points and 7.4 rebounds per game in 27 games this season as he works his way back from injury. In five full seasons with Los Angeles, Bynum has averaged only 56 games per season due to injuries.

Anthony is coming off a 50-point, 11-rebound outing Monday, but the Nuggets lost to the Rockets.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:20 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times
Unless Bynum is 100% injury-free and capable of putting up 20 and 10 over 80 games, I fail to see how that trade makes the Nuggets better. I guess at this point it's about getting 'something' back for Melo as he's clearly gone after this year. Still, if 29 other teams are trying to beat the Lakers, why in the blue hell are you going to give them one of the top 8 players in the league for an oft-injured 24 year old center?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:19 PM

i agree, i think it is more the nuggets trying to put pressure on the knicks over anything else. no way the nuggets give that gift (like the griz) to the lakers, a real rival.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:32 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,386,897 times
The Lakers are not going to get Melo, its all publicity to strong hold the Knicks. Melo is going to the Knicks and was house hunting in NY over the weekend and has hired a NY Realtor which is why he missed shoot around before the Houston game...

Old 02-09-2011, 02:47 PM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Good posts both of you. Nuggets are absolutely not going to make a lop-sided western conf. trade when the Knicks can actually put together a better offer. Not to mention that there is no way the Knicks will get that far even with Melo and if they trade him to the Lakers they might even have to face him in the playoffs THIS year and if he gets a ring right away....bitter pill.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:48 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,003,998 times
Uhhh, Lakers just beat the Celtics in Boston.

For the past two seasons in this forum, I hear the same crap about how the Lakers are in trouble, yet they still win championships.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:55 PM

927 posts, read 1,209,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post

For the past two seasons in this forum, I hear the same crap about how the Lakers are in trouble, yet they still win championships.
Lakers days are numbered Laker fan. Here comes the Silver and Black!

Old 02-11-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post

so what your saying is your sure the lakers will win because they beat boston on a random regular season game?
isnt that the same thing lakers fans where screaming about when boston fan was crowning the celtics after beating the lakers earlier this season.

lakers surely have a harder path to get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or