U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-10-2011, 07:09 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,446,723 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
Might as well chalk up #27 Friday night for the Cavs vs. the Clippers (although you never know which Clipper team will show up) leading up to the show-down Sunday w/the Wizards where one of the losing streaks will mercifully come to an end.
If the wizards win then I don't see the Cavs winning anymore games this season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
1,860 posts, read 4,448,642 times
Reputation: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If the wizards win then I don't see the Cavs winning anymore games this season
I don't know about that, but I will say, that last night began a stretch of 10 of their next 11 games at home, if they don't find a way to win at least one of those, I'll agree with you! In reality, they still play Washington 3 times including Sunday - 2 are home; they also have the Nets & Pistons at home at the end of March as well as Philly the end of this month & Charlotte in April. Would surely hope they can find a way to win at least 2 of those 6 home games! They also have 4 road games against some other bad teams (granted - not nearly as bad as the Cavs) in Sacramento, Charlotte, Toronto & Detroit.

I'll say they win 4 games the rest of the season based on that alone and finish at 12-70.

The problem lately has been, they play their best against the teams they have no shot at beating like Dallas & Memphis, and their worst against teams they actually have a shot at like Detroit last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2011, 09:31 AM
 
9,034 posts, read 16,469,190 times
Reputation: 6827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin96 View Post
If there's anybody in Cleveland I'm giving props too - its the fans, for still maintaining the second best attendance numbers (I think) in the NBA even with the 8-43 record.
A lot of that is tickets sold though - their # of people in the stadium isn't that high .... fans are pretty much giving away their tickets right now

for this sundays game against the wizards on stub hub there are curently around 280 seats priced under $20 ....... most of the stadium is under $60

A lot of season tickets were sold during the playoff push last year and when there was still excitement about the team and their players ..... next year will be the real show

The cavs were dead last in the league in attendance in 2003 (under 12,000 per game) - 2004 they were top 10 with over 18,000 and then grew from there

I expect them to fall next year to their pre-lebron era normal totals of 14,000-15,000 which would place them somewhere in the bottom 1/3 of league attendance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
1,860 posts, read 4,448,642 times
Reputation: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
A lot of that is tickets sold though - their # of people in the stadium isn't that high .... fans are pretty much giving away their tickets right now

for this sundays game against the wizards on stub hub there are curently around 280 seats priced under $20 ....... most of the stadium is under $60

A lot of season tickets were sold during the playoff push last year and when there was still excitement about the team and their players ..... next year will be the real show

The cavs were dead last in the league in attendance in 2003 (under 12,000 per game) - 2004 they were top 10 with over 18,000 and then grew from there

I expect them to fall next year to their pre-lebron era normal totals of 14,000-15,000 which would place them somewhere in the bottom 1/3 of league attendance
If they were to draft Jared Sullinger (another OH guy) should he come out, could see that salvaging somewhat the attendance, but still, I'm w/you on there being a significant reduction in attendance next year - I wouldn't be surprised to see some games w/10k or less. Listening to some people on Cleveland sports talk radio, when they've been called recently about renewing season tickets for next year, a lot of people are like, "are you kidding me!?" They are even offering a promotion of 6 free games the rest of this season (I think including Lakers & Miami) if you lock in for next season. The thing is, if you are a sports fan in Cleveland, who do you buy season tickets for these days if you can only and for that matter, have to choose one!? The Cavs are awful, the Indians are irrelevant, and the Browns - who probably offer the most hope - are still looking up at the Steelers & Ravens in their own division and coming off a 5-11 season. Really tough being a Cleveland fan right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2011, 08:17 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,446,723 times
Reputation: 9451
It will take a while before the Cavs are last in attendance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 07:28 AM
 
9,034 posts, read 16,469,190 times
Reputation: 6827
I doubt they are last .... they never really have been, even in prior down years and there are more struggling franchises than ever right now

however, I would be shocked if they weren't bottom 1/3 next year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 08:42 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,446,723 times
Reputation: 9451
The pathetic clippers lose to the Cavs tonight and now the only remaining streak is the wizards on the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2011, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Cleveland Suburbs
2,554 posts, read 6,008,506 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It will take a while before the Cavs are last in attendance
What is up with the facination of the Cav's attendance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2011, 08:05 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,446,723 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
What is up with the facination of the Cav's attendance?
what i'm saying is even though the cavs are not a good team and no longer have a superstar, it will takes years for their attendance to be low because the city of cleveland is used to the team being a winner. This will be the cavs first losing season since 2003 so I don't see any Cavs Fans bailing on the team any time soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 05:04 PM
 
1,429 posts, read 2,546,239 times
Reputation: 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
what i'm saying is even though the cavs are not a good team and no longer have a superstar, it will takes years for their attendance to be low because the city of cleveland is used to the team being a winner. This will be the cavs first losing season since 2003 so I don't see any Cavs Fans bailing on the team any time soon
If you don't see attendance dropping, then why do you have a hard time understanding why the arena is full?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top