U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 09:19 AM

897 posts, read 1,463,734 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking this team with Lebron would probably be at least 42-40 or 43-39
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,548,254 times
There's a lot of what if's to that question. You're basing your answer on Lebron plus the backups that are playing now. If lebron stayed, who else would the Cavs have? Z would still be there. They may have gotten some more supporting players. Bottom line, Lebron stayed, the Cavs would have a different starting lineup.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:28 AM

371 posts, read 520,086 times
Plus, I think is LeBron stayed in Cleveland, Chris Bosh would of stayed in Toronto.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:30 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,381,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin96 View Post
Plus, I think is LeBron stayed in Cleveland, Chris Bosh would of stayed in Toronto.
From what I read, Bosh was leaving no matter what, and probably signing in Miami, no matter what. LBJ going was just icing on the cake.

And yes, Cleveland would have a winning record with LBJ. I dont think there is much of a question, he is the best player in the NBA.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,893,488 times
Of course they would. The team won 66 games in 2008-09 without Shaq and without Jamison. As much as James gets bashed for his decision and for his ringless fingers, his impact on a team is undeniable.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:30 PM

711 posts, read 981,178 times
Yup. Lebron & the Cavaliers would have a winning record right now.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:56 PM

26,345 posts, read 83,203,265 times
No Way. If the only personnel change to this year's team was he being added, there's no way an 8 and 44 team would be a 27-25 team. No one player would enable a team to be 19 games higher in the standings.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:34 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,893,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
No Way. If the only personnel change to this year's team was he being added, there's no way an 8 and 44 team would be a 27-25 team. No one player would enable a team to be 19 games higher in the standings.
That Cleveland was built around Lebron's talents. It's not unreasonable that they were more or less totally dependent on him setting the table for them. None of those guys on their own merits are capable of playmaking for others. And with that in mind it's not unfathomable for a total collapse when the centerpiece around which your entire team is built leaves. And no, 39 year old Shaq, Big Z, and Delonte West wouldn't make a difference.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:36 PM

3,844 posts, read 8,053,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Cavs made it to the NBA finals in 2007 with a much worse line-up than they would have had this year.

If Lebron had stayed, there's a completely different formula. It's not as simple injecting one more player into a line-up. The team's personnel would have been adjusted for team chemistry. Most of the Cavs players now or role players, not playmakers...not to mention all the immense about of injuries that have plagued the Cavs this year.

This isn't even accounting for the potential differences via trades or free agents that could have mixed up the roster. Dan Gilbert would have spent $$$.

Short answer: I would bet my life savings and first two born that the Cavs would have a winning record right now.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:04 PM

26,345 posts, read 83,203,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Cavs made it to the NBA finals in 2007 with a much worse line-up than they would have had this year.

If Lebron had stayed, there's a completely different formula. It's not as simple injecting one more player into a line-up. The team's personnel would have been adjusted for team chemistry. Most of the Cavs players now or role players, not playmakers...not to mention all the immense about of injuries that have plagued the Cavs this year.

This isn't even accounting for the potential differences via trades or free agents that could have mixed up the roster. Dan Gilbert would have spent $$$.

Short answer: I would bet my life savings and first two born that the Cavs would have a winning record right now.
I still don't think so but you may be right. For example, I think the boston celtics [spits to cleanse the mouth] had a horrible record (29-53) the year before Bird joined the team and they made one of the biggest positive turnarounds (61-21) ever his first year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball