Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 03:39 PM

5 posts, read 7,430 times

Advertisements

By the looks of how this season is going, I think it will be Celtics vs Spurs for the finales. I think the Celtics will beat the Heat in the finale series in the Eastern Conference. I really want the Lakers to beat the Spurs in the WC to face the Celtics again, but the Spurs are bringing it this year.
Your thoughts???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 07:16 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
As long as Fox Sport's Heat or 3Peat campaign looks stupid at season's end.

Los Angeles Lakers vs Miami Heat - Heat or 3Peat

Old 12-24-2010, 10:36 AM

927 posts, read 1,389,806 times
San Antonio vs. Boston.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
San Antonio vs. Boston.
i really hope it isnt the spurs.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:42 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,125,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics777 View Post
i really hope it isnt the spurs.
Y not???

I think its way to early to tell. At least 3 teams on each conference are doing GREAT right now. But anything beside Lakers vs. Celtics

Old 12-24-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Y not???

I think its way to early to tell. At least 3 teams on each conference are doing GREAT right now. But anything beside Lakers vs. Celtics
Not That it really has to be the Lakers but the Spurs overall are just a boring team to watch. Theyre definitely one of the best teams in the league now, but theyre just not exciting

Old 12-25-2010, 08:30 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics777 View Post
Not That it really has to be the Lakers but the Spurs overall are just a boring team to watch. Theyre definitely one of the best teams in the league now, but theyre just not exciting
What makes you say they are boring? You are a celtics fan, and yet the celtics have taken over the spurs defense 1st model and tend to grind games out just like the old spurs. But they are not boring? Sounds to me like you spend to much time listening to the media. This spurs team is as fun as any team in the league hands down.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:16 PM

927 posts, read 1,389,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
What makes you say they are boring? You are a celtics fan, and yet the celtics have taken over the spurs defense 1st model and tend to grind games out just like the old spurs. But they are not boring? Sounds to me like you spend to much time listening to the media. This spurs team is as fun as any team in the league hands down.
I have to agree. Most people tend to parrot out what they here in the media like a bunch of non-thinking automatons. Like the Spurs are boring myth. San Antonio has transformed itself into a flashy, showy high-powered offensive team that now thinks offense first and defense second. It'll all balance out though. In the playoffs the Spurs will be just what the networks ordered for increased viewership precisely because of this new high-scoring style.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:13 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Way to early to tell but right now as of today I am going with the Celtics and Lakers.

Celtics just have to much depth once Perkins, O'Neill and West get back they have the best bench in the NBA.

Lakers will get there because they are to big up front for the Spurs to handle in a series.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:57 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
I'll stick to the Celtics and Lakers though it wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs, Mavs and Heat make it now. Heat have progressed quite a bit. The Lakers will need to be a top seed or 2nd seed to make it to the Finals i think. The road will be too tough if they drop to a 3rd or 4th seed. For the past 3 yrs, they've had the top seed despite having going through slumps. They were still ahead in the standings when they went through a slump. Now, they're playing catchup.

The Celtics have to get healthy with their big guys to make it to the Finals. The big question is if Perkins can get back to his usual form. That was some serious knee surgery he went through and usually takes a full yr to play at the same level of D and rebounding that he provided.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat still make a trade or get someone before the deadline. The Magic are an enigma. They have lots of firepower, but they live and die by the 3. They beat the Spurs and Celtics, but those two teams had a bad game and were on a long winning streak, so it had to end. Hard to predict how well the Magic will do in months to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball