U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 10:28 AM

18,794 posts, read 14,453,148 times

Advertisements

I don't think Kukoc would have made the NBA at 6'6". As a Bulls fan I watched him a lot. He was a poor finisher, and his jump shot was inconsistent. He was a good passer with good court vision, so maybe he could have been a no-shoot point guard kind of in the mold of a Jason Kidd.

Another possibility is Yao Ming. He had a great shooting touch. He might have been less injury prone had he not been so tall, and maybe overall better off in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 11:49 PM

2,632 posts, read 5,943,236 times
Toni might have been quicker as a shorter guy, he was slim for his height

Old 12-03-2013, 12:24 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,031,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I don't think Kukoc would have made the NBA at 6'6". As a Bulls fan I watched him a lot. He was a poor finisher, and his jump shot was inconsistent. He was a good passer with good court vision, so maybe he could have been a no-shoot point guard kind of in the mold of a Jason Kidd.

Another possibility is Yao Ming. He had a great shooting touch. He might have been less injury prone had he not been so tall, and maybe overall better off in the long run.
Yeah but he was really slow though, even at PF that would limit him defensively/in the pick and roll.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:40 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,216,983 times
I don't even follow the NBA much anymore. It's a cliche, but the league died when Jordan retired.

-The center position has been awful. It reminds me of starting pitching in baseball. It seems like the two have collapsed in the last 10-15 years, for reasons I don't really know.

In 1995 say, the top centers were Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson, Shaq, Mourning, Mutombo. Then you had guys like Brad Daugherty or Rik Smits. Daugherty averaged 20 points a game some seasons....he'd be one of the best in the league now!

I miss centers like Ewing, who had a jump shot from 17 feet. Robinson would maul everyone now and average 30 a game.

Before the 90's, you had strong centers. Moses Malone, Chief, Kareem. You'd think with so much technology now and training, guys would have better fundamentals than 20 years, but it's not the case. It might be a long time before we see another guy like Ewing or Robinson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or