U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-13-2011, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, OH
3,844 posts, read 8,069,647 times
Reputation: 1608

Advertisements

March Madness is fast approaching, and there is still a good number of teams in the running. Personally, I'm pulling for Cleveland State to make it, but it's starting to look like they'll have to beat out Valpo and Butler in the League tournament to do so.

Here's an interesting guess of the teams who will get into the tournament:
NCAA Tournament 2011 Bubble Watch: Plenty Of Bids Still Available For Decent Teams - SBNation.com

What teams do you think will make it or not make it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2011, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,880,041 times
Reputation: 2333
I did not think my Tar Heels would get in back in November and December. I'm very impressed by their play as of late and would be thrilled if they got into the tournament this year even if it's one and out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, OH
3,844 posts, read 8,069,647 times
Reputation: 1608
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I did not think my Tar Heels would get in back in November and December. I'm very impressed by their play as of late and would be thrilled if they got into the tournament this year even if it's one and out.
It would feel completely out of place to not see North Carolina in March Madness...such a tradition there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2011, 04:47 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,880,041 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
It would feel completely out of place to not see North Carolina in March Madness...such a tradition there.
That's why last year was so miserable for most of us diehard fans when we didn't even get in... Took my back to the Matt Doughrty years in the early 2000s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2011, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Southeastern Tennessee
711 posts, read 983,585 times
Reputation: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
March Madness is fast approaching, and there is still a good number of teams in the running. Personally, I'm pulling for Cleveland State to make it, but it's starting to look like they'll have to beat out Valpo and Butler in the League tournament to do so.

Here's an interesting guess of the teams who will get into the tournament:
NCAA Tournament 2011 Bubble Watch: Plenty Of Bids Still Available For Decent Teams - SBNation.com

What teams do you think will make it or not make it??
Teams will make it:
*Duke.
*Pittsburgh.
*Georgetown.
*Texas.
*Florida.

Teams will not make it:
*Tennessee.
*West Virginia.
*Michigan.
*Kansas State.
*UNLV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, OH
3,844 posts, read 8,069,647 times
Reputation: 1608
Here's ESPN's guess as of Feb 21:

Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top