U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 06:41 PM

320 posts, read 620,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm less scared of the Lakers than Boston, but both have the deep playoff experience that matters and that the Bulls lack.

The Bulls can throw 3 different guys at Gasol and with the depth they have I don't see them needing so much from Boozer.

Again, the Bulls are young....I'm hoping they make a deep run but I'm being realistic that rarely do young teams like that suddenly bust out and go super deep.
The Bulls ain't that young. Korver, Deng, Boozer, Thomas, Bogans, Scalabrine and Butler all have 6+ years in the league. Brewer is on his 5th season; Noah is on his 4th. Only Rose, Watson, Asik and Gibson have three or less years under their belt. The only Rookie is Asik. I'm not sure about Watson, but everyone else on this team have playoff experience (w/ the exception of Asik of course).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 07:23 AM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
The Bulls ain't that young. Korver, Deng, Boozer, Thomas, Bogans, Scalabrine and Butler all have 6+ years in the league. Brewer is on his 5th season; Noah is on his 4th. Only Rose, Watson, Asik and Gibson have three or less years under their belt. The only Rookie is Asik. I'm not sure about Watson, but everyone else on this team have playoff experience (w/ the exception of Asik of course).
I intentionally used the word "deep" in my post.

If you want to equate first round eliminations and the *rare* 2nd round eliminaiton to the playoff experience of playing in the finals or at least conference finals then we will just have to agree to disagree.

Now go look at the playoff experience of the Celtics, Lakers and San Antonio roster.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:18 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Bulls rocking the green uniforms tonight - I actually like them though most people around here seem to hate on them

Old 03-19-2011, 02:51 PM

320 posts, read 620,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I intentionally used the word "deep" in my post.

If you want to equate first round eliminations and the *rare* 2nd round eliminaiton to the playoff experience of playing in the finals or at least conference finals then we will just have to agree to disagree.

Now go look at the playoff experience of the Celtics, Lakers and San Antonio roster.
Experience, Experience, Experience. Now people want to talk about their experience. If you have a good team, a good coaching staff, great defense, home court advantage and a great leader, experience becomes only a small advantage. If the bulls get the #1 seed in the east then they have the advantage. They only lost 4 games at home.

As long as their big men are all healthy during the playoffs, they will wear down and out-rebound their opponent's bigs. With the Exception of the Lakers and Mavs, most of the top 8 teams in the NBA have no depth in the post. I expect the bulls to out rebound the h@ll out of most of these teams in the playoffs. Although, the Bulls can be inconsistent on Offense, their D makes up for it in a big way. As long as they play hard D, their be fine. They also need to start hitting their free throws more consistently.

They will get on the line more in the Playoffs. I will also expect D. Rose and Boozer to step it up big time. Boozer has been in the playoffs numerous times. He averages 20+ points, 13+ rebounds in the playoffs. Deng averages 18 points 7 rebounds. I expect Noah's Double-Doubles to start picking up again and hopefully Boguns scores at least 5+ points a game. I have faith that the bench will play bigtime; especially on D. And D.Rose will still be D. Rose, but better.

AS LONG AS THEY DON'T GET ANY INJURIES, I believe they have a legit chance to reach the finals regardless of "experience".

Old 03-20-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
Experience, Experience, Experience. Now people want to talk about their experience. If you have a good team, a good coaching staff, great defense, home court advantage and a great leader, experience becomes only a small advantage. If the bulls get the #1 seed in the east then they have the advantage. They only lost 4 games at home.

As long as their big men are all healthy during the playoffs, they will wear down and out-rebound their opponent's bigs. With the Exception of the Lakers and Mavs, most of the top 8 teams in the NBA have no depth in the post. I expect the bulls to out rebound the h@ll out of most of these teams in the playoffs. Although, the Bulls can be inconsistent on Offense, their D makes up for it in a big way. As long as they play hard D, their be fine. They also need to start hitting their free throws more consistently.

They will get on the line more in the Playoffs. I will also expect D. Rose and Boozer to step it up big time. Boozer has been in the playoffs numerous times. He averages 20+ points, 13+ rebounds in the playoffs. Deng averages 18 points 7 rebounds. I expect Noah's Double-Doubles to start picking up again and hopefully Boguns scores at least 5+ points a game. I have faith that the bench will play bigtime; especially on D. And D.Rose will still be D. Rose, but better.

AS LONG AS THEY DON'T GET ANY INJURIES, I believe they have a legit chance to reach the finals regardless of "experience".
Before you start lecturing me like I'm a Celtics fan wanderning if off the street you might want to look at whom started the thread.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:11 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Magic # is 1 for clinching the east

Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 AM

Bulls just keep grinding people up with tough D and interior

10% difference in shooting percentage AND the Bulls still had more O-rebounds.

Rose had a huge night and Rondo is considered one of the best defensive guards in the league.

At this point there is a HUGE gap IMO between the Bulls and anyone else in the east and I expect them to reach the finals.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:40 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
looks like the bulls will walk to the end of the season, likely winning out. d howard is now suspended for his next game, which happens to be the bulls.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:11 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times
I still have a hard time seeing the Bulls go from zero wins to 3 in order to get to the finals. Less to do with talent, and more to do with experience. Mind you, stranger things have happened. I think the Perkins trade made the path a bit easier for both Chicago and Miami, as far as a potential Celtics matchup./

Old 04-08-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I still have a hard time seeing the Bulls go from zero wins to 3 in order to get to the finals. Less to do with talent, and more to do with experience. Mind you, stranger things have happened. I think the Perkins trade made the path a bit easier for both Chicago and Miami, as far as a potential Celtics matchup./
After the first 17 games of the season (the started 9-8) the Bulls have played Boston twice, Orlando twice, Miami 3 times, Lakers , San Antonio, OKC, Dallas. Basically, the 7 top teams in the NBA.

Take a guess what their combined record is?

Spoiler
11-0

I wouldn't view them beating Boston (if they even get past the Heat) or Miami as "strange" at this point and frankly I think a lot of people haven't paid attention to just how dominant the Bulls have been against even the best in the NBA.

Put Perkins back on that Celtics team....then maybe but I still would favor the Bulls.

I agree about the edge in deep playoff experience certainly going to the Celtics but the Bulls dominate them in every other facet. Now teams like San Antonio and the Lakers are a different story....but we will save that for the finals discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball