U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 10:05 AM

51,945 posts, read 41,806,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Math my friend, I haven't said anything about the Bulls being an easy out. I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs. My comments were with regards to my guy feeling, on past history, that Carlos Boozer is a very good player but not a solid number 2 guy on a championship team. I'm quite happy to be proven wrong on that, but this is what I feel based on what I've seen from him. That's a totally separate point from whether or not the Bulls are a 'handful'. Of course they are, I've never claimed otherwise.

The only issue I have with your analysis, is that while you bring up a variety of stats to show how the Bulls rank and who've they've beaten, in the playoffs the slate is wiped clean. What their record is, who they beat in January, how their defense ranks in the regular season, so on and so on more or less gets tossed out the window come playoff time. The playoffs are whole other kettle of fish, I'm sure I'm not telling you something you don't know already.
Understood. You already know I respect your opinion, we are (as normal) largely in agreement on the topic.

I just think that the Bulls, even though it's regular season, are showing they can beat the elite teams and they are pressuring Boston (along with miami) for the top seed now.

Tonight will be an interesting game to watch, curious how the Bulls play vs. SA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 10:19 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Understood. You already know I respect your opinion
Ditto mate

Old 02-17-2011, 06:22 PM

320 posts, read 620,879 times
I think you all are forgetting that we still haven't seen the Bulls in full strength. Before he got hurt, Noah was averaging 14 points 11 rebounds. Those are 14 points and 11 rebounds that Kurt doesn't give them (Although I love his defense and veteran leadership this season). Those numbers don't even tell you what type of game changer he can be on the court. His energy, hustle, running the floor and defense is unmatched by most centers in the league. Once he gets acclimated, I think its a rap for a lot of teams. Omer Asik is getting better and is becoming more aggressive.

Taj can be a flat out beast at times. His scoring has went down, but his rebounds, block shots and defense has improved this season. Brewer is a beast on defense and forces a lot of turnovers. Korver is bound to get flat out hot some time during the playoffs. I'm not quite convinced that they can make it to the finals this season, but they are definitely a contender.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:41 AM

They destroyed the Spurs on the boards last night and won by a nice margin despite SA hitting 7-14 from 3pt. range.

Boozer matched Duncans numbers in about 29minutes of play.

Yes....it's just one game but in the past month or so they've put up 5 wins against top tier teams and it's wins like this that are critical to catching Boston for HCA with the season winding down.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:45 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Quote:
They destroyed the Spurs on the boards last night and won by a nice margin despite SA hitting 7-14 from 3pt. range.

Yes....it's just one game but in the past month or so they've put up 5 wins against top tier teams and it's wins like this that are critical to catching Boston for HCA with the season winding down.
I thought the bench played pretty well also, the Bulls extended their lead in the 4th with Asik/Gibson/Watson on the floor at the same time.

Is it just me or does it seem like Thibs doesn't love Boozers game? The way he handles the rotation makes it seem like he doesn't fully trust Booze.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:50 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
i cant remember what the numbers where for chicago but they had a graphic last night of the top 6 teams (3 and 3 west and east) and SA at the time was 5-1 now 5-2. LA was 2-5 and i think the heat were 3-4 or something like that.

the glass is what killed the spurs, blair couldnt stay out of foul trouble and bonner just doesnt rebound like blair. he had a ton of fouls too.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:57 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i cant remember what the numbers where for chicago but they had a graphic last night of the top 6 teams (3 and 3 west and east) and SA at the time was 5-1 now 5-2. LA was 2-5 and i think the heat were 3-4 or something like that.

the glass is what killed the spurs, blair couldnt stay out of foul trouble and bonner just doesnt rebound like blair. he had a ton of fouls too.
I saw it, Heat are actually 1-6 vs the top teams, by whatever TNTs criteria was

Old 02-18-2011, 08:10 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
cant remember who it was but someone was 3-4, maybe dallas?

Old 02-18-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I thought the bench played pretty well also, the Bulls extended their lead in the 4th with Asik/Gibson/Watson on the floor at the same time.

Is it just me or does it seem like Thibs doesn't love Boozers game? The way he handles the rotation makes it seem like he doesn't fully trust Booze.
I'm wondering how much of that was just keeping him fresh or maybe he has some nagging minor injury so they are keeping his minutes down? Hard to say.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:53 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times
Quote:

Of course after our chat yesterday regarding the Bulls, they go out and convincingly beat the Spurs. Good win for Chicago....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball