Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:31 AM

77,799 posts, read 59,963,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Of course after our chat yesterday regarding the Bulls, they go out and convincingly beat the Spurs. Good win for Chicago....
Yeah, meaningless road loss for the Spurs but with only 20+ games left the Bulls need every win they can get if they are going to pass Boston.

Actually, if they wind up the #1 seed in the east....I think Rose might actually win MVP.

It's rather scary just how tough the Bulls are in the paint, especially once Noah is back. They don't have any marquee players there (Boozer being the best) but they have size and aggression....and DEPTH. I frankly think they just wear teams down by sending in wave after wave of bigs that pound the glass with a vengence. They gave San Antonio almost no 2nd chance pts. which is difficult to do with the guys they have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 11:57 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,681,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Actually, if they wind up the #1 seed in the east....I think Rose might actually win MVP.
If I had a vote, it would go to Rose. He's kept the Bulls on course despite key personnel out at various points. The stats are there, the team record is there, and as I said what he's done shows great poise and leadership as far as keeping them together. That spells MVP to me. As I mentioned in the other thread, I just hope the voters don't take the stance that he hasn't been in the league long enough yet. I hate that mentality.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
If I had a vote, it would go to Rose. He's kept the Bulls on course despite key personnel out at various points. The stats are there, the team record is there, and as I said what he's done shows great poise and leadership as far as keeping them together. That spells MVP to me. As I mentioned in the other thread, I just hope the voters don't take the stance that he hasn't been in the league long enough yet. I hate that mentality.
Stop reading my mind!

The Bulls play Miami twice in the next 2 weeks or so and then have a game vs. Boston in early April.

To be honest, they probably need to win at least 2 if not all 3 of those games to gain the #1 seed.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:14 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,701,086 times
the bulls won't make it out of the east at all.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:20 PM

Bulls destroyed Miami on the boards the other night.

Defense and steady rebounding will carry you a long long way when your shots aren't falling.

Boozer had a 16pt 9reb game vs. Bosh (1-18 shooting)

Deng and Noah tore it up.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:51 PM
JL

8,514 posts, read 14,470,410 times
Bulls don't need to be #1 seed for Rose to get MVP. I think he is leading right now for MVP. I think he gets it as long as they keep up their play.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Bulls don't need to be #1 seed for Rose to get MVP. I think he is leading right now for MVP. I think he gets it as long as they keep up their play.
Maybe....hard to say.

Dirk is having a big year and the mavs looked horrible when he was hurt.

They like to pass the award around a bit but they are reluctant to give the award to younger players with some exceptions (Lebron).

Dwight Howard would be deserving to say the least. Averaging 23 and 13...and lets face it he IS the best defender in the NBA by a mile.

Personally, I think Dwight Howard this year.
9th in pts.
#2 rebounds
Best defender

I love Rose but if I got one vote....maybe Howard.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:05 AM

320 posts, read 714,379 times
The problem I have with Miami is that they don't have enough depth, quality bigs and inside game. The bulls pounded them on the boards and the Bull's bench outscored the Heat's bench 22 to Heat's 2. That's ridiculous. This team has no real six man, no quality back up for James, Wade or Bosh and their centers are all old. When the Heat meet the Bulls, C's or Magic in the Playoffs, the Big Three are gonna get worn out in a 7 game series. Unless Haslem can return and Miller can stay healthy, depth will continue to be a problem.

Even though Bosh was 1 for 17 shooting, I felt he should have taken it to the paint more and tried to get on the foul line. They are gonna need more production in the paint other than LBJ and D.Wade. Plus, they should've tried to make a trade for a younger big who can at least defend and/or rebound. They may have to look into the D-League now.

Boston lost some of its credibility when they gave away Perkins and Urden a few days ago. With them relying on the 2 O'neil's and Kristic, they almost look like the Heat. However, they still have a big three of their own with depth and a superstar PG. Plus, adding Jeff Green to the bench is a huge upgrade from Daniels. Delonte West is solid versatile guard, who plays good D. And Kristic isn't that old and he can score better than any of MIA bigs. I still think they are the team to beat.

Don't rule out the Magic either. They are playing better and Dwight Howard is having one helluva season. They lack a back up center, but still have depth and talent. As long as the rest of his team plays hard then they have a legit shot at the East. Plus, Arenas is due for a 30 point game or two during the playoffs. He's the difference-maker.

Atlanta finally got a solid gaurd, now they need a true center. Horford is a true PF, like his daddy said. They are very athletic and talented, but not big enough. Plus, I think Joe Johnson is being over paid for the type of production he's having this year.

NY is a better version of Don Nelson's Golden State. They can put up a lot of points, but they are going to give up a lot of points as well. Teams like the Bulls, C's, Magic and Heat, will eventually put the clamps on them defensively. Plus, by losing Gallinari, Chandler and Felton, unless Corey Brewer can step up, they have no depth. They also don't have enough bigs.

At the end of the day, the bulls have size, depth, an inside/outside game, defense, rebounding, a big three of their own (Rose, Boozer and Noah) and a all-star caliber SF, and a superstar go-to guard who's having a MVP season. The only thing they are missing is a quality shooting guard. However, with Brewer being a beast on D and Korver is a great outside shooter. So the have some balance at that position. As long as Deng stays productive, I don't think they can live with those two and Bogans as their SG's.

Anyway, I think Boston and Orlando are the team's to beat. They match up well with the Bulls. However, I do see them in the EC finals.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:49 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,271,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Nope - they just aren't built for it right now
If the Celtics don't gel after trading Kendrick Perkins then the Bulls have a shot. I have to wonder if they have a big man that is quick enough to deal with Noah now that Perkins is gone. Also I think they lost some offensive rebounding.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:10 PM
JL

8,514 posts, read 14,470,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Maybe....hard to say.

Dirk is having a big year and the mavs looked horrible when he was hurt.

They like to pass the award around a bit but they are reluctant to give the award to younger players with some exceptions (Lebron).

Dwight Howard would be deserving to say the least. Averaging 23 and 13...and lets face it he IS the best defender in the NBA by a mile.

Personally, I think Dwight Howard this year.
9th in pts.
#2 rebounds
Best defender

I love Rose but if I got one vote....maybe Howard.
I think the voters will look at the fact that Boozer and Noah were out for an extended time on different occasions and Rose was able to keep the chemistry together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball