U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-27-2011, 09:00 PM
 
51,940 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32402

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I think the voters will look at the fact that Boozer and Noah were out for an extended time on different occasions and Rose was able to keep the chemistry together.
Very valid point, one that I've considered.

This is ALSO why Dirk is a huge threat to win MVP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2011, 09:58 PM
JL
 
7,352 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Reputation: 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Very valid point, one that I've considered.

This is ALSO why Dirk is a huge threat to win MVP.
Yes, he should be seriously considered, but i think a slight edge to Rose. As of right now, i have Rose and Dirk as the top two and Lebron third.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2011, 06:15 PM
JL
 
7,352 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Reputation: 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Yes, he should be seriously considered, but i think a slight edge to Rose. As of right now, i have Rose and Dirk as the top two and Lebron third.
Yikes...can't believe i put Lebron in there...i actually meant Howard, but for some reason i put Lebron..lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 06:22 AM
 
51,940 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32402
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Yikes...can't believe i put Lebron in there...i actually meant Howard, but for some reason i put Lebron..lol.
It just goes to show how fickle the mvp voting can be.

Lebron has won two years in a row and the team he left is amongst the worst in the NBA after his departure. However, it's still tough to win an MVP if the cards don't line up for you.

I agree about Howard though, his MVP is likely in the future. I still look back at all these guys trying to join a "dream team" in Miami and if you look at some old threads I'd commented that if I were Lebron and wanted to win a ring.....I'd have gone to Orlando.

Ditto for Chris Paul....I know he loves NY but Howard brings the beast and is even turning into a good scorer at almost 23pts. a game this season. I look at that Orlando team and wow....one high calibre player added and they are *scary*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 04:41 PM
JL
 
7,352 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Reputation: 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It just goes to show how fickle the mvp voting can be.

Lebron has won two years in a row and the team he left is amongst the worst in the NBA after his departure. However, it's still tough to win an MVP if the cards don't line up for you.

I agree about Howard though, his MVP is likely in the future. I still look back at all these guys trying to join a "dream team" in Miami and if you look at some old threads I'd commented that if I were Lebron and wanted to win a ring.....I'd have gone to Orlando.

Ditto for Chris Paul....I know he loves NY but Howard brings the beast and is even turning into a good scorer at almost 23pts. a game this season. I look at that Orlando team and wow....one high calibre player added and they are *scary*.
Totally agree. It is to be said that most people agree that you build around a team with a good center...in this case...Howard is the best center in the league. He can now score and obviously his D has always been there. If Lebron had paired up with him, i would've picked the Magic to win the title. I think when you establish an inside game with one like Howard and a guy like Lebron, you can get away much more with other weaknesses on the team. The Howard/Lebron combo would've been much better than a Lebron/Wade combo. Any other star pairing up with Howard would be the favorites imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 PM
 
51,940 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32402
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Totally agree. It is to be said that most people agree that you build around a team with a good center...in this case...Howard is the best center in the league. He can now score and obviously his D has always been there. If Lebron had paired up with him, i would've picked the Magic to win the title. I think when you establish an inside game with one like Howard and a guy like Lebron, you can get away much more with other weaknesses on the team. The Howard/Lebron combo would've been much better than a Lebron/Wade combo. Any other star pairing up with Howard would be the favorites imo.
Yeah, thats why I thought Lebrons "ring" talk was BS. I would have gone to Orlando and their 20-13 a game defensive player of the year....at age 24-25...

I'd take Howard over any player in the league if building a team for the next 5+ years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2011, 09:13 PM
JL
 
7,352 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Reputation: 7198
Check out ESPN's current list of who is their MVP watch at this point thus far plus DOY, MIP, 6th MOY

NBA Awards Watch - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2011, 07:39 AM
 
51,940 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32402
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Check out ESPN's current list of who is their MVP watch at this point thus far plus DOY, MIP, 6th MOY

NBA Awards Watch - ESPN
Howard is EXPLODING down the stretch though.

30pts - 16 rebs - 5 blocks vs. the Knicks last night in a game a lot of people were watching....and he only took 15 shots.

High profile game domination over 2 other big name players is what swings the opinions of voters.

It's going to be interesting down the stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 06:28 PM
eek
 
Location: Queens, NY
3,576 posts, read 6,655,321 times
Reputation: 1423
http://www.chathawks.com/images/chathawks-teamlogo.gif (broken link)


chicago =

http://www.celticstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/reggie-miller-choke-sign.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2011, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Reputation: 3070
Interesting you use an image of Reggie mocking the NYK for botching so many good chances in the 90s, to somehow mock the bulls for losing a single regular season game, on the road, against a good team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top