U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 AM

51,876 posts, read 41,765,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Interesting you use an image of Reggie mocking the NYK for botching so many good chances in the 90s, to somehow mock the bulls for losing a single regular season game, on the road, against a good team.
Yeah, I was laughing my butt off when I saw that one knowing what it represented.

Personally, let's just have a little pity for the Knicks. After sucking that bad for that long can we really blame them for getting so excited about what is a middle of the road NBA team?

Ever seen the south park episode about what Spielberg and Lucas did to Indiana Jones? That's what Isaih and the Dolans have done to the Knicks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 10:14 AM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,652,499 times
lol @ middle of the road nba team. ppl acting like amare didn't put the city on his back and take us from trash to slightly above mediocrity by himself.

ppl are also acting like the acquisition of melo doesn't improve the teams chances in the future. now the coach is actually talking about defense *gasp* and the knicks are playing, dare i say it, better d, no, defense in general, the knicks look like they will be a threat in the future.

this is without that third piece.

enjoy the last little bit of us being considered mediocre that you can because this is the last season we will be slightly above .500.

watch.

and what say you about the bulls losses against a "middle of the road NBA team" a few losses away from the 9th seed, as you put it, such as the knicks, this season??

Old 03-04-2011, 10:27 AM
eek

i really wish the league would allow the 90's era of basketball to come back.
lets let teams play with a lot of heart and stop calling techs for every little thing.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
lol @ middle of the road nba team. ppl acting like amare didn't put the city on his back and take us from trash to slightly above mediocrity by himself.

ppl are also acting like the acquisition of melo doesn't improve the teams chances in the future. now the coach is actually talking about defense *gasp* and the knicks are playing, dare i say it, better d, no, defense in general, the knicks look like they will be a threat in the future.

this is without that third piece.

enjoy the last little bit of us being considered mediocre that you can because this is the last season we will be slightly above .500.

watch.

and what say you about the bulls losses against a "middle of the road NBA team" a few losses away from the 9th seed, as you put it, such as the knicks, this season??
1) Ok, I called them middle of the road and you called them slightly above mediocrity. Pick which one you prefer and I will be happy to oblige your semantics.

2) Since you can't seem to remember what I wrote in the Knicks thread I took the courtesy of bolding the portions of your post that 100% follow what I wrote over a week or more ago about the Knicks. Funny to hear you copping my own post in an attempt to disagree with me.

*I'm one of the most bullish people on this forum (that actually follow the NBA) about the future of the knicks and the melo trade.*

3) I addressed how the Knicks beat the Bulls in an earlier post. If the Knicks can keep shooting 70% from 3pt. range like that all the time then they will be NBA finals champ this year....oh wait, those guys are in Denver now. By your logic I guess Cleveland is better than the new-look Knick but frankly I disagree with that as well.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
i really wish the league would allow the 90's era of basketball to come back.
lets let teams play with a lot of heart and stop calling techs for every little thing.
Brawl ball and the influx of gangsta attitude were hurting the NBA's market value. They've cracked down on both in a number of ways and it won't be returning anytime soon.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:44 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,809 times
Bulls beat Orlando AGAIN tonight. After a slow start they pretty much controlled the game after the first 6 minutes. Dwight Howard even got away with more than he usually does, and they were calling everything on the Bulls. 11 fouls between Asik and Noah -lol. Derrick had a good night, 24 points, but I still think there is room for him to be more efficent on the offensive end, which is a scary thought for the rest of the league.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 PM
eek

we need the 90's knicks back.

i wish the league would let up on these ridiculous rules so we can get our heart back. i honestly don't want 342343432 shooters. i want some goons. somebody thats hungry.

everybody making a hundred million and playing like it to be honest. like oh, i got my contract, i'm good. ok but what about playing with hunger? in the regular season??

Old 03-04-2011, 10:38 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,944,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Bulls beat Orlando AGAIN tonight. After a slow start they pretty much controlled the game after the first 6 minutes. Dwight Howard even got away with more than he usually does, and they were calling everything on the Bulls. 11 fouls between Asik and Noah -lol. Derrick had a good night, 24 points, but I still think there is room for him to be more efficent on the offensive end, which is a scary thought for the rest of the league.
Got away with more... come on Dwight Howard was held and hacked all night by Noah and Asik. Neither one really got called in the first half. Howard, after getting smacked not once but twice on a play and then Noah tried to rip the ball which led to Howard throwing an elbow to get out of there (resulting Technical), finally got the calls for their hammering shots on him.

Nothing made me happier to see Noah get blocked and thrown to the ground by the power of Dwight.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Got away with more... come on Dwight Howard was held and hacked all night by Noah and Asik. Neither one really got called in the first half. Howard, after getting smacked not once but twice on a play and then Noah tried to rip the ball which led to Howard throwing an elbow to get out of there (resulting Technical), finally got the calls for their hammering shots on him.

Nothing made me happier to see Noah get blocked and thrown to the ground by the power of Dwight.
THe bulls centers had 11 fouls on them.

Sorry we didn't just lie down for Dwight like most teams and let him rip up the boards.

If he makes his FT's then they would have had a shot to win.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
we need the 90's knicks back.

i wish the league would let up on these ridiculous rules so we can get our heart back. i honestly don't want 342343432 shooters. i want some goons. somebody thats hungry.

everybody making a hundred million and playing like it to be honest. like oh, i got my contract, i'm good. ok but what about playing with hunger? in the regular season??
We should start a thread about the guys that play with heart. Noah would be my first pick....Chandler, Love, pretty much all the guys that do the dirty work HAVE to play with fire to fight for those boards and do all the little things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball