U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:44 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times

Advertisements

The Bulls are starting to narrow the Celtics lead on HCA.

They've had a number of key injuries and are still putting up a lot of wins.

Tough team that plays very good defense and has both high-end talent in Rose and Boozer to go along with Deng, Noah and a nice deep bench.

They've been beating the tougher teams in the east and west too.

Still a young team so I will have to give the nod to a Healthy celtics but they are VERY physical on the boards and IMO are dangerous as heck.

I'm just beginning to think that they might actually have a shot at making the finals and at the very least are going to be a team that no one wants to play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 10:15 AM

26,346 posts, read 83,094,276 times
Any except boston is OK with me.
I'm more worried about the Spurs. The Lakers can conceivably get home court against any east team but no way can they catch SA.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I'm more worried about the Spurs. The Lakers can conceivably get home court against any east team but no way can they catch SA.
The East is generally a little easier than the west in terms of the run of the mill teams. (I think the East has 4 of the top 6 teams in the NBA though but it drops off FAST after that.)

With that said and the Bulls coming on strong now with Boozer I don't see the Lakers having HCA vs. either the Bulls, Boston or Miami (which started out with a lot of early losses.)

Not that HCA matters that much.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:12 PM

9,030 posts, read 16,455,999 times
Nope - they just aren't built for it right now

Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Nope - they just aren't built for it right now
Huh? Would you care to clarify?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:43 PM

977 posts, read 1,632,383 times
I hope they make it, but I am not optimistic. They are too inconsistent. Yeah they beat Orlando and the Lakers, but they also lose to Golden State and the Clippers (at home). I can only hope that getting Noah back will help fix that...then I think they can contend.

Rose for MVP!

Old 02-15-2011, 03:14 AM

711 posts, read 979,600 times
I don't know if they'll make it to the finals this year. Id give them a year or two for the finals.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,886,102 times
If there's anything that makes me doubt the Bulls going to the finals, it's that I think Rose is the only Bull who can take it up a notch to that in the playoffs. Boozer is a great regular season player, I'm not so sure he's a true second option for a team with championship aspirations. I think it's great watching the team develop though... still badly need an upgrade at the 2.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
If there's anything that makes me doubt the Bulls going to the finals, it's that I think Rose is the only Bull who can take it up a notch to that in the playoffs. Boozer is a great regular season player, I'm not so sure he's a true second option for a team with championship aspirations. I think it's great watching the team develop though... still badly need an upgrade at the 2.
I think Boozer is surrounded by a lot more scoring threat than before and with a VERY strong rebounding team around him cannot be focused on like he was with Utah.

I think he's just in a difference role\place with this Bulls team.

I would like to see the Bulls pick up a veteran 2 that can play D and hit open shots. They don't have to be the player they once were and score 20+ a night so they don't need the "classic 2", just one that can play a role. (Someone like Finley from a couple years ago would be perfect or the guy the Jazz had 10+ years ago that was a tough defender that picked his spots.)

Old 02-15-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Getting blown out by the bobcats isn't getting anyone HCA. I think the Lakers won't have HCA if they make the finals and probably won't have it in the 2nd round either.

Not that it matters that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball