U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whose the best PG of 2010/11
D. Rose 14 53.85%
Chris Paul 4 15.38%
D. Will 3 11.54%
Rondo 2 7.69%
Russell Westbrook 1 3.85%
Other 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM

320 posts, read 620,879 times

Advertisements

D. Rose is the man!!!! 42 points! 8 asst! 5 rebounds! Who needs a lot of assist when you put up 42 points. He's clearly da best!!

FAST DON'T LIE!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bulls! Da Bulls! DA bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls!
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls!

Oh yeah, I think I'm gotta put Tony Parker somewhere on the list. I totally forgot about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 07:18 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
What about his defense is suspect exactly? Not being a smart A but how many bulls games have you watched this year? His defense, is not top notch, but is fine.

Anyways, 42, 8, and 5 tonight. But hey, Rondo gets 11 rebounds some games right
he let tony parker shoot 11-21 for 26 pts (10 more then his average) and the bulk of the misses from tony where due to the bigs in the paint altering the shots. lets face it, rose isnt stopping anyone, he just has decent size behind him. this is the same way the spurs have covered for parkers defensive weakness.

no doubt he had a very nice game, but then he played against parker who isnt exactly a defensive stopper. i say he is not a PG so much as a 2 guard and would be much better suited with a pass 1st pg on the team to move him over. something like monte/curry.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post

Oh yeah, I think I'm gotta put Tony Parker somewhere on the list. I totally forgot about him.
tony isnt getting any votes for top PG, so no worries. he is a good PG, top 5-7 but not top 3 for sure.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:29 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
he let tony parker shoot 11-21 for 26 pts (10 more then his average) and the bulk of the misses from tony where due to the bigs in the paint altering the shots. lets face it, rose isnt stopping anyone, he just has decent size behind him. this is the same way the spurs have covered for parkers defensive weakness.

no doubt he had a very nice game, but then he played against parker who isnt exactly a defensive stopper. i say he is not a PG so much as a 2 guard and would be much better suited with a pass 1st pg on the team to move him over. something like monte/curry.
Yeah, I agree Rose is not a "stopper" but I don't think he is a liability (my favorite word) on the defensive end. As far as the 1 vs 2 guard thing, Rose creates most of his points off the dribble, and not usually from a wing position. He kind of needs that head of steam to get the kind of penetration he does, so I personally think his production would suffer if they moved him to any other position.

He is top ten in the league in assists so its not like he isn't doing some of the PG role as well as scoring.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:32 AM

this is a quote from pop last night on rose

Quote:
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT

"That point guard, what's his name? I didn't know his name before the game. I should have checked."
LMAO i dont care if you like the spurs or hate them, you have love pops dry humor, he is awesome!

this is one of my all time favs from pop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFU-wXsRhic

Old 02-18-2011, 07:46 AM

51,942 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Great quote lol.

The Bulls destroyed SA in the paint last night and that's WITHOUT Noah. I like thier spreading minutes around with thier depth. That's going to be a MAJOR problem for the older veteran teams when the Bulls keep cycling in guys to keep them fresh and effective.

They've now beaten Dallas, Miami, Boston, Orlando and San Antonio in the last month or so.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:53 AM

they really only seem thin at the PG spot and at the SF spot. deng and rose both played about 40 minutes with the spurs not having anyone over 36 minutes. the biggest issue i see there is if deng gets hurt which he doesnt have a history of good health.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
they really only seem thin at the PG spot and at the SF spot. deng and rose both played about 40 minutes with the spurs not having anyone over 36 minutes. the biggest issue i see there is if deng gets hurt which he doesnt have a history of good health.
Yeah, they need Rose, Boozer and Deng to go far. They have enough depth to get along without Noah but will need him too.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:55 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times
Rose certainly made a case for himself last night.....

Old 02-18-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Rose certainly made a case for himself last night.....
Well, the MVP typically goes to the best player on a team that finished with one of the top records in the NBA regular season.

San Antonio will have a fragmented vote as will Boston.

That leaves the usual Lebron and Kobe.....and Rose.

However, Dallas is doing very very well and when Dirk went out they were something like 2-6 so I think that he will get quite a few votes.

I don't know, this is one of those years where I'm not sure I could guess the MVP winner if you let me pick 3 names and that is pretty rare.

Pretty interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball