U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:43 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times

Advertisements

Holy crap really?!

Yup, saw it on ESPN.com just now. I did not see that one coming either. If I were the Nets, Id be much happier with this than Melo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 09:56 AM

3,087 posts, read 5,839,841 times
Melo is better than Deron Williams.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:04 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Holy crap really?!

Yup, saw it on ESPN.com just now. I did not see that one coming either. If I were the Nets, Id be much happier with this than Melo
i agree, the nets made a much better deal then they where offering for melo.

and while melo is a better SCORER then dwill, williams is a better all around player, leader and defender.

i wonder how sloan feels considering he gave up his career over a "tiff" with dwill and now dwill is gone after what 2 weeks.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:44 AM

well looks like the nets might have just lost 2 picks, harris, favors AND dwill lmao

Quote:
Deron Williams was traded to the Nets on Wednesday, in a package that sent Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and two first round picks to Utah.

Williams is reportedly unhappy with the trade, according to reporting from the Salt Lake Tribune.

Read more: Deron Unhappy With Trade To Nets - RealGM Wiretap
i expect williams doesnt sign an extension so he will be gone next year.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 AM

2,368 posts, read 6,828,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
well looks like the nets might have just lost 2 picks, harris, favors AND dwill lmao

i expect williams doesnt sign an extension so he will be gone next year.
Smart move on Utah's part. They didn't waste anytime waiting for all the media talking about where is he gonna end up, which imo does distract these teams. And they got talent. Favors could be a really good player and hes only 19 i think. Plus Devin Harris and some draft picks.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:01 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,880,681 times
Why would the Nets give up all that knowing that Williams has not decided on whether to sign an extension..big gamble! Too risky if you asked me.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:21 PM

gerald wallace to portland for camby and miller.

Quote:
UPDATE: According to sources of CBS Sports' Ken Berger, Wallace is heading to Portland.

"Package for Wallace believed to be centered around Andre Miller," he added. "Marcus Camby was discussed, but he might retire rather than report to Charlotte."
the nets wanted to make a splash and i think they are just doing something to sort of save face after no lebron, and then no melo. the fans where getting kinda mad so they did something and if renting williams for 1 season gets the fans in the seats before the new arena is opened up then they did their job.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:32 PM

more news.....

Quote:
The Hawks will receive Hinrich and center Hilton Armstrong(notes) from the Wizards for point guard Mike Bibby(notes), forward Maurice Evans(notes), guard Jordan Crawford(notes) and a first-round draft pick.
a lot of moves being made, especially in the east. think the heat scared people this off season?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:40 AM

i dont remember this many major trades in a long time.

Quote:
The Cavaliers and Clippers have agreed upon a trade of Mo Williams and Jamario Moon for Baron Davis and a first round pick in 2011 (reportedly unprotected), according to sources that spoke with Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports.

Williams is signed through the 12-13 season, though he has an early termination option for 11-12 and player option for 12-13, neither of which he's likely to utilize.

Davis is signed at a higher annual rate, but his salary for 12-13 is a partial/non-guaranteed season.

Davis signed a five-year, $65 million contract with the Clippers in the summer of 2008 in what was originally intended to be a chance for him to unite with Elton Brand.

Davis was largely ineffective in his first two seasons on a Clippers' team that had been depleted, but he came into the current season in better shape and energized by the emergence of Blake Griffin.

The Akron Beacon-Journal reports that the Cavaliers will not use their traded player exception from the LeBron James sign-and-trade to complete this deal. Sending Moon along with Williams for the contract of Davis works for Cleveland in terms of matching salaries.

Read more: Clippers Trade Baron To Cleveland For Mo Williams - RealGM Wiretap

Old 02-24-2011, 05:16 AM

MARK CUBAN is not happy about the trade the hornets made to get carl landry.
i have to say im not a fan of his (being the owner of the mavericks) but i whole heartedly agree with him on this one. as he said, he is not only competing with the team but he is competing with himself if the league owns the hornets and they are sending cash to get players.

Quote:
Mark Cuban spoke out against Wednesday's trade completed by the NBA-owned New Orleans Hornets.

The Hornets acquired Carl Landry in a deal for Marcus Thornton, which included cash considerations.

“That’s just wrong. That’s just wrong. That’s just absolutely, positively wrong,’” Cuban said. “I’ll probably go against the grain from everybody else, but that is so far wrong that it’s not even close.

“There’s so few teams in the league that can afford to do that and yet we’re allowing a team that’s owned by the league to do that?”

The Hornets were purchased by the NBA in December and are essentially owned by the 29 other teams.

“I don’t need to be competing economically with the league and myself,” Cuban said.

Read more: Cuban Criticizes NBA-Owned Hornets' Ability To Trade For Landry - RealGM Wiretap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball