U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:52 AM

8,163 posts, read 13,196,468 times

Advertisements

Baron Davis and a pick going to Cleveland for Mo williams and a little more. Boy Baron must be pissed! He left my Warriors because he wanted to be in LA, so he could pair with Cash Warren to make some short films and boost his image and exposure. I do believe that Cleveland is a little further away than Oakland from LA. Man he must be so mad, HA HA HA !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 12:59 PM

7,238 posts, read 8,245,233 times
Boston just picked up Jeff Green from OKC, OKC gets Kendrick Perkins.

Looks like the Bobcats didn't make what would have been one of the dumbest moves ever in sending Wallace to Portland for Pryzbilla.

And now it's 3pm EST. Lets see what last minute deals were made.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:29 PM

1,893 posts, read 3,524,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post

Looks like the Bobcats didn't make what would have been one of the dumbest moves ever in sending Wallace to Portland for Pryzbilla.

Losing Perk's defense will be tough..especially in the play-offs vs. Howard.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:35 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,205,971 times
The celtics did that to try to matchup with the spurs. They know the spurs are a small team that will out run them in 7 games if Perkins is there. This moves KG to the 5 with green at the 4 thus speeding them up

Old 02-24-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
The celtics did that to try to matchup with the spurs. They know the spurs are a small team that will out run them in 7 games if Perkins is there. This moves KG to the 5 with green at the 4 thus speeding them up
Perk is a pretty athletic center though, even with the knee issues. He would be able to run almost as much as any of the other Cs older players (Allen excepted.) I think Green provides them depth more than anything. Their starting 5 will be Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, Erden. When Shaq gets healthy, he'll start but I'm sure his minutes will be significantly reduced in preparation for the play-off. Who knows if Jermaine O'Neal plays again this season.

Maybe, 'Sheed comes out of retirement....

Old 02-24-2011, 01:42 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,883,792 times
BAD move, perhaps they have an inside scoop that Perkins may be going when his contract ends? He's one of the best post defenders in the league. Bizarre move.....

Rigas, we do seem to disagree quite a bit at times, but I don't see where they made this move specifically to counter the Spurs. The Celtics are very capable of playing small ball, even with Perkins on the team. If anything, Perkins is needed for interior toughness against the Lakers with Gasol and Bynum.Hmmmm... odd, odd move.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
BAD move, perhaps they have an inside scoop that Perkins may be going when his contract ends? He's one of the best post defenders in the league. Bizarre move.....

Rigas, we do seem to disagree quite a bit at times, but I don't see where they made this move specifically to counter the Spurs. The Celtics are very capable of playing small ball, even with Perkins on the team. If anything, Perkins is needed for interior toughness against the Lakers with Gasol and Bynum.Hmmmm... odd, odd move.
I agree with you on both points.

Maybe they were too concerned with his knees to re-sign him to a longer deal.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:48 PM

7,238 posts, read 8,245,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post

lol, they actually made that move after all? Stupid move on the 'Cats part.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post

while the move is surely not 100% to counter the spurs, the lack of bigs in the league, the fact that perkins has hurt his OTHER knee, and the fact that they wanted to give him 22mm over 4 years or "midlevel exception' money so he said no where all factors. the celtics have lost the bulk of their interior defense, shaq is only good for 15 minutes these days, the "other oneill" isnt coming back and if he does he will not handle more then 10 minutes at best. this leaves a rookie and KG, and nenad who is allergic to defense AND rebounding. the celtics can see the empending doom of the lakers so they think they dont need all that size inside. perkins can move but he is in no way able to keep up with a faster line up, not to mention while bonner cant guard him, how is he gonna guard bonner. i also think the celtics expect to get troy murphy off waivers to help shore up the bigs. i certainly hope not but it could happen.

also nate robinson went with perk so they are a little thin at the PG spot depending on west.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:12 PM

on a side note i am holding my breath until i read the spurs traded chris quinn for kobe but you know i been practicing my breath holding since RJ joined the team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball