U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 02:33 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
The celtics did that to try to matchup with the spurs. They know the spurs are a small team that will out run them in 7 games if Perkins is there. This moves KG to the 5 with green at the 4 thus speeding them up
The spurs may not make it to the finals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 02:44 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
this is true but then the celtics might not either. who knows the thunder might just fool us all now with perk and nate!

Old 02-24-2011, 02:47 PM

rockets traded battier for thabeet and a 1st rounder, and brooks for dragic of the suns.

i think the rockets pushed, they got the better deal for shane and the worse deal for brooks.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Perk is a pretty athletic center though, even with the knee issues. He would be able to run almost as much as any of the other Cs older players (Allen excepted.) I think Green provides them depth more than anything. Their starting 5 will be Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, Erden. When Shaq gets healthy, he'll start but I'm sure his minutes will be significantly reduced in preparation for the play-off. Who knows if Jermaine O'Neal plays again this season.

Maybe, 'Sheed comes out of retirement....
erden got traded for a 2nd rounder along with harangody????????

the celtics gave away all their size it seems. unless they have something else planned they are going small a whole lot!

Old 02-24-2011, 04:34 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,882,165 times
I think the Rockets got the better deals out of the ones they made. Thabeet is low risk. His contract is only guaranteed next year for 5.1mil and the year after that is an option. If he doesn't pan out this year or early next year, the Rockets will let him loose and go after Howard. Rockets get another 1st rounder for him too.

As far as Brooks, he has been awful this year after that injury. Plays virtually no D not by lack of effort, but his size. Dragic is streaky, but he does have size. At least Dragic can also be traded next year if the Rockets don't like him.

I really think the Thunder got the best deal w/o having to give up so much for a proven tough defensive center in Perkins. They also got Nazr Mohammed who is very good backup center. Nate Robinson is streaky and will be a role bench guy which wouldn't be too bad, but he is a bit feisty at times.

I believe the Celtics are gonna get Sheed to come out of retirement. They can't surely depend on the O'Neals to be healthy the rest of the season and w/o Erden too....strange move.... Kristic is ok though.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:43 PM

sheed has been quoted today as NO WAY is he coming back. this is not to say he will not come back but he says there is no way. a quote "i gave 15 years to the nba".
Quote:
UPDATE: David Aldridge of NBA.com and TNT puts out this flame.

"Told Cs will NOT be re-signing Sheed," he tweeted. "Gotta be Murphy after buyout."

Larry Ridley of WHDH-TV in Boston also tweeted this: "Wallace tells me he's staying retired, told me "gave 15 years" to the NBA.
the celtics are putting a lot of cards in the murphy stack, seems they think they know something nobody else does.

as for howard to the rockets, that is gonna go just like bosh did, some flirting and things but he isnt going to come to houston. the rockets may not even have a coach next year as adelman doesnt have an extension and doesnt seem to want one. i agree the risk in the trades is low, i just dont think dragic is even close to what brooks CAN bring when he isnt mad at the franchise. i fully expect brooks to bounce back now that he is gone. he was not happy, mainly over the no extension stuff and so he just didnt care. now he cares as the rumors are he is the heir apparent to nash who might get dealt over the summer.

its all speculation though.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:55 PM

711 posts, read 977,920 times
Not a bad trade at all by the Grizzlies.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:19 PM

927 posts, read 1,209,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So who's going to beat them before they get to the Finals? If anyone's Finals status is questionable it's the Celtics not the Spurs. Giving up Perkins because of his frequent injuries I can understand but to give up Nate Robinson as well? That's not a good move for Boston considering the depth and quality play they had been getting from Robinson off the bench. If anything they may have just handed Miami the Eastern Conference Championship.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:29 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
So who's going to beat them before they get to the Finals? If anyone's Finals status is questionable it's the Celtics not the Spurs. Giving up Perkins because of his frequent injuries I can understand but to give up Nate Robinson as well? That's not a good move for Boston considering the depth and quality play they had been getting from Robinson off the bench. If anything they may have just handed Miami the Eastern Conference Championship.

I don't understand the nate robinson being traded away. He was always a spark off the bench

Old 02-24-2011, 06:12 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,882,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
sheed has been quoted today as NO WAY is he coming back. this is not to say he will not come back but he says there is no way. a quote "i gave 15 years to the nba".

the celtics are putting a lot of cards in the murphy stack, seems they think they know something nobody else does.

as for howard to the rockets, that is gonna go just like bosh did, some flirting and things but he isnt going to come to houston. the rockets may not even have a coach next year as adelman doesnt have an extension and doesnt seem to want one. i agree the risk in the trades is low, i just dont think dragic is even close to what brooks CAN bring when he isnt mad at the franchise. i fully expect brooks to bounce back now that he is gone. he was not happy, mainly over the no extension stuff and so he just didnt care. now he cares as the rumors are he is the heir apparent to nash who might get dealt over the summer.

its all speculation though.
The reason i say the Rockets have a chance is because of Olajuwon. I think they will get Olajuwon to have more contact or tutoring sessions with Howard again and you can bet Olajuwon will try to make his case for Howard to come on board.

Brooks is fortunate to have Nash as his mentor and he will be fine coming off the bench to a legend, but his defense surely isn't gonna improve. Maybe he might change his mentality from a shoot first to a pass first guard with Nash's influence...who knows. One thing for sure, he had to be traded as his value was going downhill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball