U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:08 PM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,655,321 times

Advertisements

we will next year (hopefully). this year, no, i don't see it either...BUT

anybody that says this was a bad trade is a hater, point blank period.

all of the ppl we lost can be easily replaced. melo? hell no. melo was not leaving 50 million on the table. melo allows us to get a chris paul. the pieces are in place but we're not done yet.

i understand the hatred of anything ny but chill with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 01:09 PM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,655,321 times
and if gallo, felton, mozgov, etc. were so damn good then why the hell were we two games above .500 then? mozgov saw like two or three games any damn way. wow. but he was so important.

all this talk about we lack a bench and we don't have defense as if trading for melo created these situations. PLEASE. we never had a bench or defense so wth are ppl talking about?

Old 02-25-2011, 01:43 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,053,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Im gonna have to agree with you on their management issues, they made alot of mistakes. Making trades they shouldn't have, signing players they shouldn't have. The biggest mistake the made though was when they didn't get a long term commitment from Lebron James they should have traded him. The Nuggets learned from the Cavs mistake and didn't listen to all that "im keeping my options open" stuff. And the Nuggets may actually be better off prepared to contend sooner than later.
The irony here is the Nuggets are 2-0 since the trade. Last night they beat the Celtics in Denver. I caught the fourth quarter of the game on TNT and they played great defense.

Channing Frye and Ray Felton look like they will be positive additions. Melo leaving the Nuggets may give Nene more shots and it looks like they are going to be able to put some lineups out on the floor that are very athletic and run the floor well.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:45 AM

8,163 posts, read 13,184,824 times
Give the Knicks about 5-6 games with Melo in the lineup and then Billups, Melo, and Amare will fully learn each others style and patterns. This will be huge. Denver became very deep but with decent players. Remember the old story: You have to give up to get. You can't just trade garbage for stars !

Old 02-27-2011, 11:27 AM

320 posts, read 620,802 times
I think Gallinari will benifit the most from this trade and playing under George Karl. He's 6' 11'' shooter, who can take it to the cup and isn't afraid of playing D. He's a nightmare match up for any player. All he needs to do get a post game and he can draw double-teams. Plus he's only 22!! I don't want to compare him to Carmelo yet, but he just might be what the Nuggets need moving forward. I know people think that Denver got nothing for Carmelo, but only time will tell who got the better end of the trade.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:45 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,053,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
I think Gallinari will benifit the most from this trade and playing under George Karl. He's 6' 11'' shooter, who can take it to the cup and isn't afraid of playing D. He's a nightmare match up for any player. All he needs to do get a post game and he can draw double-teams. Plus he's only 22!! I don't want to compare him to Carmelo yet, but he just might be what the Nuggets need moving forward. I know people think that Denver got nothing for Carmelo, but only time will tell who got the better end of the trade.
I disagree the Nuggets got nothing for Carmelo. Wilson Chandler can probably score 16 to 18 point a game in the Nuggets offense. He rebounds and plays defense. Ray Felton is pretty good point guard, he's younger and more athletic than Chauncy Billups. Gallinari is still pretty raw and inconsistent.

This trade made the Nuggest younger and more athletic. They've look like they are going to be an up tempo team with their new lineup and they may be a better defensive team. Also look for better distribution of the basketball on offense.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:02 PM

51,934 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Season is early so far but the Knicks are allowing opponents to shoot 49.6% from the field.

Their only win is against 0-3 Boston in a squeeker.

So, let's start the death watch for D'Antoni.....

Old 12-30-2011, 01:49 PM

121 posts, read 479,341 times
Now I see why the knicks organization hesitated getting carmello. If you take a look at their style of play mello and amare slows up D'Antoni offense. Knicks is going to have to either dismantle their team or fire D'Antoni.

Quiz:
Which sounds easier to get rid of?

Old 12-30-2011, 02:28 PM

51,934 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySunworshiper View Post
Now I see why the knicks organization hesitated getting carmello. If you take a look at their style of play mello and amare slows up D'Antoni offense. Knicks is going to have to either dismantle their team or fire D'Antoni.

Quiz:
Which sounds easier to get rid of?
Well first off, let's remember just HOW bad the Knicks were. As they are now they are at least not a laughing stock so overall this is a lot better for them.

However, their problem isn't OFFENSE....it's DEFENSE where they are ranked about dead last in the league. No one has yet been able to get Amare or Carmello to play D not get D'Antoni to COACH D.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:56 PM

14,560 posts, read 22,418,417 times
Nuggets beat the Knicks? Yay! I think I just saw the score flashing at the bottom of the screen while I was watching the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl highlights.

That's about all the attention I have for the NBA as of yet.

Edit: Oops. I think that was the Bucks. Sorry. My bad.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-02-2012 at 11:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or