U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:11 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,949,003 times

Advertisements

Plain and Simple. The Knicks screwed up bad. Why trade for a player that has claim all year that he wants to come back to NY to play and try for their own big 3 (like Miami/Boston)...

So in true Knick fashion they take him with a giant contract and give up their 2,3,4 leading scorers to do so. In addition emptying their starting center in the process too. The team is left with Amare, Melo, and Billups and who you ask... I don't know. Most of the other guys up to this year hadn't played more than 15 minutes/game. So you really think this team actually will be any good... they wont. Them struggling against a weak Milwaukee team doesn't show me improvement. It shows that they are suffering.

Hopefully the CBA doesn't cap around 50 or this team might have eaten all they can in Amare's and Melo's contracts that they can't put quality players around them.

P.S. Melo is overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 06:15 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,376,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Plain and Simple. The Knicks screwed up bad. Why trade for a player that has claim all year that he wants to come back to NY to play and try for their own big 3 (like Miami/Boston)...

So in true Knick fashion they take him with a giant contract and give up their 2,3,4 leading scorers to do so. In addition emptying their starting center in the process too. The team is left with Amare, Melo, and Billups and who you ask... I don't know. Most of the other guys up to this year hadn't played more than 15 minutes/game. So you really think this team actually will be any good... they wont. Them struggling against a weak Milwaukee team doesn't show me improvement. It shows that they are suffering.

Hopefully the CBA doesn't cap around 50 or this team might have eaten all they can in Amare's and Melo's contracts that they can't put quality players around them.

P.S. Melo is overrated.

Oh so that's why they struggled again the bucks because they gave up damm near the entire team-lol Thanks, I understand now

Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 PM

580 posts, read 736,894 times
people are so hard on the knicks, it was the 1st game with our new arrivals and the botton line THEY WON!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,208,317 times
yes they won against a bad team a well below 500 team and you are already expecting them to make up 9 games over a 25 game stretch. thats just crazy talk.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:03 PM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,662,536 times
first off
melo wasn't even in ny for 24 hours. the rest of the new players showed up that morning.

what in the hell were they expected to do with that time?

secondly, if the bulls are so good then why do they keep losing to the just above .500 knicks? i like our chances in the playoffs against them, should we have to play them.

third, the knicks and anything dealing with ny gets so much hate from ppl online and from espn, its ridiculous. deal with it. the knicks are back.

lastly, i don't think we end up three seed this season at all. next season will be the real deal when we pick up ppl in the off season.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:36 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,949,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
first off
melo wasn't even in ny for 24 hours. the rest of the new players showed up that morning
Fair enough. Same goes for Denver. Yet Denver looked really good in their win over a great Boston team.

Quote:
secondly, if the bulls are so good then why do they keep losing to the just above .500 knicks? i like our chances in the playoffs against them, should we have to play them.
You do realize that the Knicks are a completely different team... let alone that the playoffs take players to a whole new level.

Quote:
third, the knicks and anything dealing with ny gets so much hate from ppl online and from espn, its ridiculous. deal with it. the knicks are back.
Knicks are back to the Stevie Franchise, Stephen Starbury, and Eddie I'm Big Boned Curry era.

Quote:
lastly, i don't think we end up three seed this season at all. next season will be the real deal when we pick up ppl in the off season.
Good luck with the CBA as you got $40+ mil wrapped into 2 players.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:14 PM

52,080 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
first off
melo wasn't even in ny for 24 hours. the rest of the new players showed up that morning.

1) They've beaten the bulls by shooting something like 70% from the 3pt. arc in those 2 games. If the Knicks can keep doing that then hats off to them.....oh wait, alot of those guys are in Denver now.

2) The Knicks get more hate from NEW YORKERS than any other source. These are the same jackarse bandwagoners that booed Ewing.

3) The Bulls beat Miami yesterday and San Antonio not long before that. We will wipe our shoes on the Knicks if we meet them in the playoffs just like we always have.

It's just nice to know that the Knicks have a flawed core and even if they add to it, they won't win a title with that crew. False hope and crushed dreams never tasted so sweet.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:14 PM

580 posts, read 736,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Oh so that's why they struggled again the bucks because they gave up damm near the entire team-lol Thanks, I understand now
I really hate when ppl talk without doing their research first. People complain about the trade saying "now we have no center" but lets be real, did we really have a center before the trade? Moscov played only 25 games out of 54 smh. Chandler was goin to be a free agent anyway after this season and obviously he was going to demand more money so most likely we wasnt going to keep him anyway, so now when u think about it we only gave up felton and gallonari for Melo and billups, thats a NO BRAINER. Chauncey Billups is a proven winner a former NBA finals MVP, a player thats consistant and not afraid of the big moments. Carmelo is top 3 best scorers in the league, Whenever you have the chance to get a player of his caliber in his prime you make it happen at all cost. The Knicks are back!!!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 07:16 PM

52,080 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Good luck with the CBA as you got $40+ mil wrapped into 2 players.
....that don't play defense.

I reiterate my nuevo-pheonix comment and THAT is the best case scenario for the Knicks. Good regular seasons then smoked out in the playoffs.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:11 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,376,134 times
The Knicks just lost to the Cavs tonight and I don't want to hear anything else about the Melo trade. They are a NOT A THREAT to anyone in the East
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball