U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:13 AM

52,114 posts, read 41,937,212 times

Advertisements

The appearance and disappearance of the Knicks posters from threads around here depending on whether their team wins or loses is quickly reinforcing my bandwagon opinion.

Oh well, they are probably favored to beat the Hornets tonight so we will hear from them tomorrow.

Wierd thought...but if they lose tonight they only have a 3 game lead over the 9th seed. Wouldn't it be funny as HELL if the Knicks dropped out of the playoffs? The media there would literally go berserk....it would be so hillarious (if unlikely).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 01:09 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,951,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wierd thought...but if they lose tonight they only have a 3 game lead over the 9th seed. Wouldn't it be funny as HELL if the Knicks dropped out of the playoffs? The media there would literally go berserk....it would be so hillarious (if unlikely).
The #9 team in the East gave away Gerald Wallace for nothing. Consider them most likely not moving up a spot. I don't see NY dropping out the playoffs.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
The #9 team in the East gave away Gerald Wallace for nothing. Consider them most likely not moving up a spot. I don't see NY dropping out the playoffs.
Well, we had guys on here after their first win talking about them moving up to the 3rd seed....the 9th is a lot more likely. (although still pretty remote.)

Old 03-02-2011, 07:32 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,951,344 times
Quote:
Well, we had guys on here after their first win talking about them moving up to the 3rd seed....the 9th is a lot more likely. (although still pretty remote.)
I personally thought the trade just kept NY around the same position they were in minus the youth and money i.e. somewhere between 6-8 in the East.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:22 PM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,667,708 times
mathguy, why don't you worry about your guys?

Quote:
Bulls blow big lead in 83-80 loss to Hawks

Rose has off night, hitting only 5 of 21 shots and committing 6 turnovers
OH OK.

worried, much??

Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
mathguy, why don't you worry about your guys?

OH OK.

worried, much??
Not really, I don't get too up or down over a single game or even a couple games. They have to play Miami and Orland on the road this weekend followed by several tough games the next week so they will be in for a good challenge.

I just enjoy making fun of the bandwagon Knicks fans that have been doing drive-bys on this forum for the last 3 years about how Lebron was going there and how the Dolans wouldn't interfere with the team anymore and blah blah blah. If you look around at my comments I've actually been impressed by the Knicks moves moreso than most and feel that they made short term lateral moves but will be better over the next couple years.

Come on, how can we NOT make fun of some of the statements that have been posted here.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I personally thought the trade just kept NY around the same position they were in minus the youth and money i.e. somewhere between 6-8 in the East.
Ditto. They should be able to replace some of the pieces they lost via free agency etc. so frankly I think that they will come out better than it looks right now in the long run*.

*-assumes the Dolans don't do something crazy and really jack things up.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 AM
eek

replace what "lost pieces."

the same ppl that ppl called trash before they went to the nuggets??

the same on and off gallo that looks lost one min, has a hot streak the next then sandbags the next?
the same mozgov that played a total of like 10 min all season??
felton was decent but you can't sit there and say that billups isn't better. period.
you think felton would do what billups did in the miami game?

think again.

even fields, who we kept, is looking lost out there. ppl only like what we gave away NOW because they are on the nuggets. they didn't **** with them at all when they were knicks, just like how now amare is trash, melo is overrated, etc. etc. now that they're in orange and blue.

what we need is a center, cp3 (because dwight's not coming), we still need to keep billups, and we need a new coach. don't let the nuggets fool you. look at who they're playing and look at who we're playing. two different calibers of teams here.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:25 AM
eek

Quote:
Not really, I don't get too up or down over a single game or even a couple games. They have to play Miami and Orland on the road this weekend followed by several tough games the next week so they will be in for a good challenge.
i hope they body orlando. they should win both games, IMO because they are a better team than either miami or orlando.

Quote:
I just enjoy making fun of the bandwagon Knicks fans that have been doing drive-bys on this forum for the last 3 years about how Lebron was going there and how the Dolans wouldn't interfere with the team anymore and blah blah blah. If you look around at my comments I've actually been impressed by the Knicks moves moreso than most and feel that they made short term lateral moves but will be better over the next couple years.

Come on, how can we NOT make fun of some of the statements that have been posted here.
everyone here should be over the lebron thing. he didn't want to come here. its ok. why would we want somebody that wasn't up to the challenge of being a leader, number one, and a leader in THIS city, number two?

it definitely takes a special type of person to be willing to be that first step to try to turn the franchise around. we were in the trash. the knicks were trash, period.

why would bron want to go from cleveland to ny??

of course at the time, none of us saw that. we saw all the yankees fitteds he rocked, the sneakers with ny on them, him throwing the roc symbol up, him talking about he wanted to play at the garden, him showing up to yankees games, etc. etc.

we got duped. add to that his decision took place in the tristate area, just miles away from the knicks training camp.

but again, its ok. we ended up with amare and melo. in the same season lol.

i think ALL of us feel good. we just want to get back to the 90's knicks type of vibe. we'd like to win a championship sometime in the next few years...but if we don't let us at least not be like we were the previous decade.

we have to have realistic expectations. i think our bench (who knew we had one???) kind of surprised us, as well as the newfound defense skills and the fact that d'antoni can pronounce the word defense...

but its only like two/three games. lets let this play out some more. lets see what happens before we make outlandish statements.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
replace what "lost pieces."

the same ppl that ppl called trash before they went to the nuggets??

the same on and off gallo that looks lost one min, has a hot streak the next then sandbags the next?
the same mozgov that played a total of like 10 min all season??
felton was decent but you can't sit there and say that billups isn't better. period.
you think felton would do what billups did in the miami game?

think again.

even fields, who we kept, is looking lost out there. ppl only like what we gave away NOW because they are on the nuggets. they didn't **** with them at all when they were knicks, just like how now amare is trash, melo is overrated, etc. etc. now that they're in orange and blue.

what we need is a center, cp3 (because dwight's not coming), we still need to keep billups, and we need a new coach. don't let the nuggets fool you. look at who they're playing and look at who we're playing. two different calibers of teams here.
I agree with pretty much all of that.

IF (and that's a big IF) the Knicks can bring in the right coach and get Amare etc. to buy in to playing D....fill in thier holes with free agency...then they would join the elite in the NBA. Otherwise, without the D....we are indeed looking at a team that will have decent regular season success but will probably mirror Pheonix of the recent past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball