U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2011, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
7,241 posts, read 8,249,975 times
Reputation: 4931

Advertisements

I'm stuck between wondering if Kansas will be there or not. They've let me down so many times but the one time I don't pick them they win it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2011, 08:41 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,371,926 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I'm stuck between wondering if Kansas will be there or not. They've let me down so many times but the one time I don't pick them they win it all.
This is how I feel about Pitt, I've penciled them into the final four ever time they have had a 4 seed or better and always seem to let me down.

In related news, my final four:

UNC, Kansas, Duke, Pitt

Last edited by Orangeish; 03-16-2011 at 09:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2011, 11:33 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,965 posts, read 2,517,644 times
Reputation: 1655
Kansas, Duke, St John's, OHIO STATE.

(OSU the winner)

I wanted to be a homer, but I dont think Old Dominion, George Mason, Richmond or VCU are winning the whole thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 01:04 AM
 
Location: Tulsa, OK
135 posts, read 217,110 times
Reputation: 89
Just made a major change. Putting #10 seed MSU in the Final 4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,345 posts, read 14,123,917 times
Reputation: 5966
I have Ohio State, Duke, Pitt, and Louisville.

Before the DJ Kennedy issue, I thought St. Johns was a lock for a deep run. I tempered those expectations, I hope they prove me wrong!

Ok, I created a second bracket, the pool I am in allows for it. My Second bracket has Syracuse, Duke, Louisville, and Gonzaga.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 03-17-2011 at 09:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
7,241 posts, read 8,249,975 times
Reputation: 4931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
This is how I feel about Pitt, I've penciled them into the final four ever time they have had a 4 seed or better and always seem to let me down.

In related news, my final four:

UNC, Kansas, Duke, Pitt
I was also debating Pitt. But decided to put them in as well.

My final four is Ohio State, Duke, Pittsburgh(runner-up), and Purdue.

Had Wisconsin taking Pitt's place at first, but decided to change at the last minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,949,772 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I have Ohio State, Duke, Pitt, and Louisville.

Before the DJ Kennedy issue, I thought St. Johns was a lock for a deep run. I tempered those expectations, I hope they prove me wrong!

Ok, I created a second bracket, the pool I am in allows for it. My Second bracket has Syracuse, Duke, Louisville, and Gonzaga.
One side of your brackets just busted. Louisville downed in the first round to Morehead St. Ouch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 09:28 PM
 
45 posts, read 47,507 times
Reputation: 23
I tried to talk some people out of Louisville. Final 4 was a real stretch with this bunch. You have to be careful about overestimating in-conference play- talk to the players, and they'll be the first to tell you how much familiarity in-conference can masquerade differences talent when playing conference foes. Louisville will be excellent next yr and will have more the talent level to successfully make a deep tourney run in 2012. Purdue, Notre Dame & UNC are the other high seeds that I think are bound to disappoint those who expect big things in this tourney (BYU as well, though no one seems to be buying into them anyhow without Davies).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 05:25 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,345 posts, read 14,123,917 times
Reputation: 5966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
One side of your brackets just busted. Louisville downed in the first round to Morehead St. Ouch
What is particularly maddening about it; originally I had Richmond in the Sweet 16 beating Louisville on my first bracket. I noticed I didn't have any Big East teams in the Final 4, so I added Louisville and removed Kansas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,345 posts, read 14,123,917 times
Reputation: 5966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
What is particularly maddening about it; originally I had Richmond in the Sweet 16 beating Louisville on my first bracket. I noticed I didn't have any Big East teams in the Final 4, so I added Louisville and removed Kansas.
For complete-ness, I also added Pitt after I added Louisville. I let someone talk me out of Florida in the Final 4. I will never fill out a bracket again if Kansas and Florida make the Final 4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top