U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 12:23 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,844 times

Advertisements

Good read. I like how he ended it. Reminds me of the fact that the "Fab 5" never won either a Conference Championship or a National Championship.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 12:38 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,425,520 times
The entire NO-FAB five had a total IQ of 80.

None of them could have even got into Duke being so stupid.

They could not pass the entrance exam and I am willing to bet the only way some of them got into Michigan was through cheating or someone else took their test.

Jalen Rose is an idiot.

Duke recruits smart, intelligent young men who have good solid parenting, backgrounds of being well behaved, good HS grades etc.

The good thing about them is they still are able to win tons of basketball games with being picky of who they allow to dress with the Duke uniform on.

Rose cannot get over his failure at Michigan and in the pros and needs someone to blame it on.

This is all about race and his hate of any basketball player who is white and successful.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Good read. I like how he ended it. Reminds me of the fact that the "Fab 5" never won either a Conference Championship or a National Championship.

They should not be called the Fab 5, they never earned it.

How about the Failed 5.

All the basketball talent in the world with not enough IQ to even get dressed without help.

They needed a point guard from Duke to be able to win the big games.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:00 PM

296 posts, read 484,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
To be called an Uncle Tom is about one of the most insulting things one black person can say to another. Make so mistake, there were huge racial overtones in that message.

Oh boy, I feel this thread is a giant can of worms....
Yes, Uncle Tom was a poor choice of words. I am not disagreeing with that.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:01 PM

296 posts, read 484,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The entire NO-FAB five had a total IQ of 80.

None of them could have even got into Duke being so stupid.

They could not pass the entrance exam and I am willing to bet the only way some of them got into Michigan was through cheating or someone else took their test.

Jalen Rose is an idiot.

Duke recruits smart, intelligent young men who have good solid parenting, backgrounds of being well behaved, good HS grades etc.

The good thing about them is they still are able to win tons of basketball games with being picky of who they allow to dress with the Duke uniform on.

Rose cannot get over his failure at Michigan and in the pros and needs someone to blame it on.

This is all about race and his hate of any basketball player who is white and successful.
You do realize that Jalen Rose was a high school honor student.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_MVP View Post
Who took his test for him?

If he really was then he gets 75 of the entire failed 5's 80 IQ.

Why would he make such a racist remark knowing that it will cause issues with most people including people like Grant Hill and others?

Old 03-17-2011, 06:38 PM

51,901 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_MVP View Post
He is such an uncle Tom. Oh wait, he did that at a $hit-hole detroit public school as a prized athlete....what does that mean? He probably just handed in 1/2 his homework in crayon. Oooooh here is your A Jalen....now go shoot some hoops!

Old 03-18-2011, 03:54 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,540,214 times
I always liked Jalen Rose. I don't think he should be slammed because of comments he made when he was a teenager, young, naive, and raw. I also don't think he should be penalized because he was a part of the "Fab Five." If it wasn't for Chris Webber, I would've been a big fan of that team.

I think Grant Hill's response was classy but made without him digging deeper into the story or the context in which these statements were made. Shame on him for not giving Jalen the benefit of the doubt, allowing Jalen to be penalized now for statements he made when he was a teenager. Jalen is trying to make a living now and he should've been given more consideration.

Conservatives and bigots love these types of conflicts between two prominent black people, and love to see one of them (here Jalen) lose his job as a result.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:47 AM

51,901 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I always liked Jalen Rose. I don't think he should be slammed because of comments he made when he was a teenager, young, naive, and raw. I also don't think he should be penalized because he was a part of the "Fab Five." If it wasn't for Chris Webber, I would've been a big fan of that team.

I think Grant Hill's response was classy but made without him digging deeper into the story or the context in which these statements were made. Shame on him for not giving Jalen the benefit of the doubt, allowing Jalen to be penalized now for statements he made when he was a teenager. Jalen is trying to make a living now and he should've been given more consideration.

Conservatives and bigots love these types of conflicts between two prominent black people, and love to see one of them (here Jalen) lose his job as a result.
All joking aside I respect Rose greatly for his charitable work and he was the only 1 of the fab 5 that basically wasn't a mercenary at Michigan. (Then again most big time programs are dirty.) He's the kinda guy that would have made something of himself even if he'd lost his leg at age 16 in a car accident.

I find it wierd that you are trying to twist peoples interest in the story into some sort of political attack. Conservatives are rooting for a fight between Grant Hill and Jalen Rose? Seriously?

Lastly, Rose shouldn't and won't lose his job over comments he made 20 years ago. If he made those types of comments recently then yes, he should have his butt canned as many people would be rightfully offended at his use of a derogatory term such as that.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:16 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,336 times
Is ESPN hinting at firing Rose over this? That would be...odd...seieng how he works for ESPN, the special was edited/aired by ESPN. I think Rose came out of this looking bad but I am quite sure they posed the questions for the 30/30 special to him in the nature of "how did you feel at the time..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball