U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:00 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,807,935 times

Advertisements

And now Coach K has spoken: Mike Krzyzewski: Jalen Rose's Duke talk 'very insulting' - ESPN Chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 07:28 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,388,601 times
Jalen has to appear in court for driving under the influence and refusing to take the Breathalyzer test. I guess he doesn't like his commentating job to well as it looks like he's doing everything he can to get fired.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 AM

3,129 posts, read 5,311,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Jalen has to appear in court for driving under the influence and refusing to take the Breathalyzer test. I guess he doesn't like his commentating job to well as it looks like he's doing everything he can to get fired.
He was barely over the limit I believe and who doesn't have DUI. Bush had 2, many members of Congress have one as well as many prominent people in society.

Its not cool to get one but you don't know the circumstances.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:03 AM

3,129 posts, read 5,311,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Okay now they all sound like a bunch of crybabies. If they are that oblivious to what some people think of Duke then Jalen is proven right.

Duke is well established for doing great in college and producing horrid NBA players.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:53 AM

9,029 posts, read 16,442,522 times
Their job isn't to produce NBA players - not to say that the NBA isn't full of guys who played for Duke

I'm not sure what is "sounding like a crybaby" when you are defending your students and your institution - he has 30 years vested there.

He rightly pointed out that they indeed did recruit weber and had no interest in the others for a variety of reasons (such as jalen rose wouldn't of touched the court ahead of grant hill) .... given that was one of the most successful college teams you'll ever find I think he had a good mix going

He's also right in that they impacted the game, but didn't leave a legacy at michigan - just controversy and a program that is no better today than it was then

That Duke team took them over the hump from being the also ran hard luck team to the team that everyone hates now because they win too much

Both Hill & Williams are dead on correct about pointing out that they have zero to be ashamed of based on their upbringing and it doesn't make them an uncle tom, less black or anything else

the standard ghetto mentality is very damaging and it's good that these guys quickly and firmly rebuked that thought process

Old 03-31-2011, 10:27 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,367,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Okay now they all sound like a bunch of crybabies. If they are that oblivious to what some people think of Duke then Jalen is proven right.

Duke is well established for doing great in college and producing horrid NBA players.
I listened to that interview live and by no means thought Coach K came off as a cry baby. Much like the Grant Hill retort, it was merely a response, one that he had every right to make.

As far as horrid NBA players, the Bulls are one of the favorites to win it all and two of their starting 5 hails from Duke.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
He was barely over the limit I believe and who doesn't have DUI. Bush had 2, many members of Congress have one as well as many prominent people in society.

Its not cool to get one but you don't know the circumstances.
Your comment is very ignorant! I don't care who gets them it doesn't make it right! Its wrong to drive under the influence period whether its way over the limit or just barely over the limit. The point is he was over the limit and shouldn't have been behind the wheel PERIOD nor should he have refused to take a Breathalyzer test which would have resulted in him being removed from the road as he should have been. I wonder if he would have caused a accident and KILLED someone, would you be ok with him driving drunk? I doubt it! I hope you or someone close to you is never hurt/killed by a drunk driver but then again it'll be ok because it's not a big deal since Bush has 2 DUIs... Smh!

Old 03-31-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Their job isn't to produce NBA players - not to say that the NBA isn't full of guys who played for Duke

I'm not sure what is "sounding like a crybaby" when you are defending your students and your institution - he has 30 years vested there.

He rightly pointed out that they indeed did recruit weber and had no interest in the others for a variety of reasons (such as jalen rose wouldn't of touched the court ahead of grant hill) .... given that was one of the most successful college teams you'll ever find I think he had a good mix going

He's also right in that they impacted the game, but didn't leave a legacy at michigan - just controversy and a program that is no better today than it was then

That Duke team took them over the hump from being the also ran hard luck team to the team that everyone hates now because they win too much

Both Hill & Williams are dead on correct about pointing out that they have zero to be ashamed of based on their upbringing and it doesn't make them an uncle tom, less black or anything else

the standard ghetto mentality is very damaging and it's good that these guys quickly and firmly rebuked that thought process
Exactly! Sounds like there are some people who could use the benefits of the education provided at Duke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball