Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which SG should the bulls pursue during the off-season
Jason Richardson 4 44.44%
Caron Butler 0 0%
Aaron Affalo 1 11.11%
Nick Young 3 33.33%
Michael Redd 0 0%
JR Smith 1 11.11%
Other 2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:57 PM

320 posts, read 717,358 times

Advertisements

I personally think that they should go for Jason Richardson or Caron Butler. I like Butler's versatility and ability to create his own offense, but I think Richardson's ability to hit the wide open and contested three-pointer is exactly what the bulls need. Plus, I don't think Butler wants to leave Dallas.

I also like Nick Young. He's 6' 7", has a great 3 point and midrange game and can just flat out shoot it from anywhere on the court. However, he's a restricted free agent and I'm not sure how about his defense.

Jamal Crawford is a flat out scorer (probably one of the best in the league). However, He doesn't play a lic of D, which is why the Bulls and NY gave him up and ATL ain't signing an extension.

Aaron Afflalo would be a great fit and number 3 on my list. He's a good 3-point shooter, creates his own shots and can play some D. However, he's a restricted FA also and Denver may match any offer the bulls give them since they are in rebuilding phase. Wilson Chandler may work, but he's also a restricted FA.

JR Smith is energetic, athletic, talented and has good size. However, he's streaky, takes ill-advised shots, need the ball in his hand to be effective and can be a headache. His defense is suspect, but I think the right coach can fix that. If he's willing to play of the bench and solid D, I'm all for it, but I wouldn't start him.

Michael Redd hasn't played in over a year, but if he still got it, then I say go for it. I have seen him play much, but I know he's a 3point threat and a good midrange game. Plus, he was an all-star and olympian b4 he got hurt.

Those are my top 4 picks. 1) Jason Richarson 2) Caron Butler 3) Aaron Afflalo 4) Nick Young and 5) Micheal Redd (only if he's healthy). Other notable players include Josh Howard, Leandre Barbosa, Shannon Brown (PO), Sasha Vujacic, Wilson Chandler (R), Ray Allen (PO)

What ya'll think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 09:03 AM

433 posts, read 875,758 times
Joe Johnson or Richard Hamilton

Old 03-14-2011, 09:15 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Someone that can hit a wide open 3 and play defense. That's all they need.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy eyes 1979 View Post
Joe Johnson or Richard Hamilton
I don't think he's available. Plus, he makes too much money. Great player, but overpaid IMO.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:59 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
I personally think that they should go for Jason Richardson or Caron Butler. I like Butler's versatility and ability to create his own offense, but I think Richardson's ability to hit the wide open and contested three-pointer is exactly what the bulls need. Plus, I don't think Butler wants to leave Dallas.

I also like Nick Young. He's 6' 7", has a great 3 point and midrange game and can just flat out shoot it from anywhere on the court. However, he's a restricted free agent and I'm not sure how about his defense.

Jamal Crawford is a flat out scorer (probably one of the best in the league). However, He doesn't play a lic of D, which is why the Bulls and NY gave him up and ATL ain't signing an extension.

Aaron Afflalo would be a great fit and number 3 on my list. He's a good 3-point shooter, creates his own shots and can play some D. However, he's a restricted FA also and Denver may match any offer the bulls give them since they are in rebuilding phase. Wilson Chandler may work, but he's also a restricted FA.

JR Smith is energetic, athletic, talented and has good size. However, he's streaky, takes ill-advised shots, need the ball in his hand to be effective and can be a headache. His defense is suspect, but I think the right coach can fix that. If he's willing to play of the bench and solid D, I'm all for it, but I wouldn't start him.

Michael Redd hasn't played in over a year, but if he still got it, then I say go for it. I have seen him play much, but I know he's a 3point threat and a good midrange game. Plus, he was an all-star and olympian b4 he got hurt.

Those are my top 4 picks. 1) Jason Richarson 2) Caron Butler 3) Aaron Afflalo 4) Nick Young and 5) Micheal Redd (only if he's healthy). Other notable players include Josh Howard, Leandre Barbosa, Shannon Brown (PO), Sasha Vujacic, Wilson Chandler (R), Ray Allen (PO)

What ya'll think?
How about none of the above.

The Bulls are NOT going to pry Jason Richardson from Orlando. Who are they going to give up to get him in addtion to draft picks.

Caron Butler coming off a knee injury? No thank you.

Aaron Afflalo, too inconsistent.

Nick Young a guy who definitinely shows flashes but can he play "D" and is he a team player? Also once a again who do you give up to get him?

Josh Howard, you gotta be kidding. I lived in Dallas and before he signed a new contract Josh was an up and coming player. Now he's just a journeyman. He's never came back to the same level he was at his second or third seasons. What makes you think he going to do that now?

Wilson Chandler is not going anywhere. He's a got a solid game.

Shannon Brown is NOT a starting shooting guard in the NBA. Too inconsistent with the jumper even with improvements this year.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
How about none of the above.

The Bulls are NOT going to pry Jason Richardson from Orlando. Who are they going to give up to get him in addtion to draft picks.

Caron Butler coming off a knee injury? No thank you.

Aaron Afflalo, too inconsistent.

Nick Young a guy who definitinely shows flashes but can he play "D" and is he a team player? Also once a again who do you give up to get him?

Josh Howard, you gotta be kidding. I lived in Dallas and before he signed a new contract Josh was an up and coming player. Now he's just a journeyman. He's never came back to the same level he was at his second or third seasons. What makes you think he going to do that now?

Wilson Chandler is not going anywhere. He's a got a solid game.

Shannon Brown is NOT a starting shooting guard in the NBA. Too inconsistent with the jumper even with improvements this year.
All of these guys are free agents. You don't have to give up anything for them expect a contract. If orlando don't make it to the finals (which they won't), I don't see why Jason Richardson wouldn't sign with the Bulls. The Magic have peeked and they don't have enough money to grab any more quality players. I expect them to break up this team after next season. Call me crazy, but I see Howard somehow ending up with the Heat or Knicks.

But anyway, these guys are free agents. All the Bulls will have to do give them is a contract. Only the restricted free agents will be hardest to get.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM

369 posts, read 776,626 times
Aaron Afflalo definitely, he fits perfectly well in this team. Smart offensive player who doesn't try to do too much, shoots 3s well, defends very well. He would be perfect for the Bulls.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:22 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,140,088 times
I hate to say it but my boy Monta Ellis might be available for trade. Word is that the team doesn't like having him and Curry together and thinks Curry is better for building around.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:33 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,875 times
Mcgrady. Can be had for cheap, so the financial investment is minimal. And if he can stay healthy, he could be a secondary playmaker behind Rose. He's displayed flashes this season, and managed to avoid re-injuring himself.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,875 times
Also looking at it now, I think Chicago would have been worse if they had actually landed Wade this past off-season. There's too much overlap with him and Rose....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball