U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:48 AM

927 posts, read 1,209,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Are the Lakers fraudulent now???
I believe so. And their so-called leader Bryant, is doing what he normally does when the team's in a dire situation. He is pointing the finger at everyone on the team but himself. Bryant is such a shallow, self-absorbed finger pointer that I cannot stand it. He wants all the praise and glory when things are going good for Los Angeles but blames his teammates when things go sour. Like they are currently. I don't give this Laker team much of any chance of reaching the WCF let alone the Finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 12:41 PM

51,917 posts, read 41,791,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I believe so. And their so-called leader Bryant, is doing what he normally does when the team's in a dire situation. He is pointing the finger at everyone on the team but himself. Bryant is such a shallow, self-absorbed finger pointer that I cannot stand it. He wants all the praise and glory when things are going good for Los Angeles but blames his teammates when things go sour. Like they are currently. I don't give this Laker team much of any chance of reaching the WCF let alone the Finals.
I hadn't seen him blaming his teamates for the slump. Do you have a source for this you could share?

Old 04-11-2011, 12:51 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,177,967 times
Quote:

Stop it! You'll make Kobe angry....

tehehehe

Old 04-11-2011, 01:34 PM

927 posts, read 1,209,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I hadn't seen him blaming his teamates for the slump. Do you have a source for this you could share?
i guess I should have specified which loss Bryant was blaming on his teammates during this slump. He was angry at the way his teammates played during yesterday's ugly loss to OKC. You can google around for links on Bryant's lousy attitude toward other Laker players as well.

Kobe shuns teammates after troubling loss

Old 04-11-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
i guess I should have specified which loss Bryant was blaming on his teammates during this slump. He was angry at the way his teammates played during yesterday's ugly loss to OKC. You can google around for links on Bryant's lousy attitude toward other Laker players as well.

Kobe shuns teammates after troubling loss
Ok, I'd been reading some reports and I saw that he was upset (and Phil Jackson and others were upset too...Phil had some caustic, classic comments.).

However, I don't see this as "blaming his teamates".

In 3 of the 5 losses Kobe played BADLY...especially the Utah loss.

I'm not a big fan of Kobe, not by a long-shot but evidence of him blaming his teamates and not himself in this case is flimsy at best.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:46 PM

As much as I would like to see the Lakers out of the playoffs, I wasn't born yesterday. They are a dangerous team and aren't the defending champs for nothing. Ditto for the Spurs, I'm not buying that there is anything seriously wrong with either team.

Will I root against the Lakers in the playoffs? Yes.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:28 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,721,565 times
Well now that they have the #1 seed on lock, I'm not sure what else there is to say. Do they look frad? No imho. If anything they have exceeded the expectations of everyone including themselves. This, a year ago, was the team that got swept in the first round, to flip it to a number one seed.

I think your question should've sounded along the lines of, Are the Spurs good enough to be #1??

Well a win over the Lakers tomarrow will help some, I think, get a sense of who the Spurs are.

GO SPURS GO!! !! :c ool:

Old 04-11-2011, 04:57 PM

207 posts, read 308,407 times
Quote:
Its not finger pointing but rather leadership. After losing to Boston 3 years ago, Bryant took more of a leadership role and got on his team mates especially Gasol. Thus it has produced two consecetive NBA TITLES. The team has responded to his leadership and that is key. I can assure you that his leadership will be prevalant during the playoffs. The Spurs have trouble matching up to the Lakers size, and it really wouldnt surpise me if the Lakers swept the Spurs in the playoffs.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:02 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times
Quote:
They are the defending champs

Old 04-11-2011, 05:28 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,177,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
They are the defending champs
Sure... but have they won it this year?

I think that's where Lancet was getting at....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or