U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:52 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
With a 5 game losing streak
We will talk again about this in May
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 08:59 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,876,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Who holds the tie-breaker between Chicago and San Antonio should both teams wind up with 62 wins? I was thinking the Spurs may rest the starters tonight against the Lakers, but the overall no.1 seed is still up for grabs, right?
The ABC commentators said last week during the Bulls/Orlando game that if the Bulls and Spurs tie with the same record, they will either flip a coin or have a random drawing to see who gets the HCA record should they both make it to the Finals due to their tiebreakers in a number of categories or something like that....very weird, but i never heard of a coin toss for HCA ever....

Old 04-12-2011, 09:36 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,323,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
The ABC commentators said last week during the Bulls/Orlando game that if the Bulls and Spurs tie with the same record, they will either flip a coin or have a random drawing to see who gets the HCA record should they both make it to the Finals due to their tiebreakers in a number of categories or something like that....very weird, but i never heard of a coin toss for HCA ever....
Really? I thought based on NBA rules the Bulls would get home court because of their pathetically weak division.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:53 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,192,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
yeah i was just reading that on the recap of the game last night but it makes no sense. according to nba.com the bulls should get home court because of their division win %.

now i have to say, the spurs looked pretty good and the lakers did last night, and the spurs rested parker, duncan, mcdyess, and ginobili. bynum going down, who knows with his wrecked knees how long that will be. no spurs reserve played more then 27 minutes, while kobe, odom and fishers corpse played about 36 each, and pau played 41 minutes. the spurs where up with 7 minutes left, that shows the depth and lack of depth.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:15 AM

51,858 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Really? I thought based on NBA rules the Bulls would get home court because of their pathetically weak division.
No, if the Bulls get HCA vs. the Spurs it's because the Spurs decided they didn't want it.

Seriously, didn't you watch last nights game? Any of the previous 6 or so?

Are you still going to cry when the tie-breaker doesn't even matter?

P.S. HCA vs. having a key player go out with a knee injury.....hmmmm.....which would you rather have?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:33 AM

i dont think anyone is crying about having or losing HCA, i think the real issue is more on how they could potentially lose it due to tie breakers. according to nba.com it should go to the bulls based on division win % BUT i am gathering that the tie breaker list they have posted only matters in the same conference. the fact that it goes to a coin flip is just odd.

on the other side, the spurs schedule vs the bulls schedule dont balance out.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:39 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,877,543 times
Neither the Spurs or the Lakers did themselves any favors with their 5 game losing streaks. Chicago has stayed consistent throughout. So, now we're down to the final night literally....bring on the playoffs!!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:47 AM

well heres ot a spurs win, a bulls loss, a mavs win, a lakers loss, a griz win and a hornets loss. hornets need to lose to the mavs to drop to the 8 seed but i expect the griz to tank to avoid the lakers in the 1st round only to get decimated by the spurs.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:02 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,323,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
No, if the Bulls get HCA vs. the Spurs it's because the Spurs decided they didn't want it.

Seriously, didn't you watch last nights game? Any of the previous 6 or so?

Are you still going to cry when the tie-breaker doesn't even matter?

P.S. HCA vs. having a key player go out with a knee injury.....hmmmm.....which would you rather have?
Yes I saw last night's game. The Lakers starting lineup had to work hard to beat the Spurs bench.

No one is crying, there's no need for that rude remark.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:03 AM

51,858 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i dont think anyone is crying about having or losing HCA, i think the real issue is more on how they could potentially lose it due to tie breakers. according to nba.com it should go to the bulls based on division win % BUT i am gathering that the tie breaker list they have posted only matters in the same conference. the fact that it goes to a coin flip is just odd.

on the other side, the spurs schedule vs the bulls schedule dont balance out.
Fair enough.

Remember, I'm a big big fan of the Spurs and consider them the *best* overall organization in the NBA.

I'm just a Bulls fan first.

So for me, I hope they meet in the finals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or