U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 AM

51,865 posts, read 41,765,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Yes I saw last night's game. The Lakers starting lineup had to work hard to beat the Spurs bench.

No one is crying, there's no need for that rude remark.
We all agree that the Bulls have the (obviously) weaker division and that the tie-breaker criteria does work against the Spurs.

How am I to interpret making 3 separate posts in about a day, making the same complaint about the Bulls having a softer schedule?

The Spurs could have easily held HCA by playing their starters more, if they lose HCA to the Bulls it's because they made the choice on their own accord.

Rigas and others, I'm picking up on some insinuation that the Bulls are just lucky and not deserving because they didn't have to play as tough of a schedule....even though no one in the top 7-8 teams in the league has beaten them since before Christmas or so out of 12 attempts.

Is it really necessary to drag the Bulls down because your team CHOSE to give up HCA in lieu of resting veterans and avoiding having a Bynum type situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 10:18 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,323,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We all agree that the Bulls have the (obviously) weaker division and that the tie-breaker criteria does work against the Spurs.

How am I to interpret making 3 separate posts in about a day, making the same complaint about the Bulls having a softer schedule?

The Spurs could have easily held HCA by playing their starters more, if they lose HCA to the Bulls it's because they made the choice on their own accord.

Rigas and others, I'm picking up on some insinuation that the Bulls are just lucky and not deserving because they didn't have to play as tough of a schedule....even though no one in the top 7-8 teams in the league has beaten them since before Christmas or so out of 12 attempts.

Is it really necessary to drag the Bulls down because your team CHOSE to give up HCA in lieu of resting veterans and avoiding having a Bynum type situation?
Valid complaints do not justify rudeness.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:51 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
I didn't take it as rude personally but then I have been accused of being rude+ myself.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM

207 posts, read 308,311 times
If the Lakers are on their A game, I really dont see anyone giving them much of a challenge in the Western Conference during the playoffs. The real challenge will come from the East, well this years version Beast from the East which will be very interesting and compelling (the Eastern Conference playoffs). That said, the Lakers are within striking distance of a 3 peat, that is if their on their A game.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Valid complaints do not justify rudeness.
You posted the same comment 3x in a day. I noted it as "crying".
If you want to depict my assertation as rude...then so be it.
Frankly, I would doubt a single person in this forum, even spurs die-hards will back you up.

If you are going to make such statements in these forums I would suggest you grow a thicker skin rather than start chucking stones and crying foul when some bounce back in your direction.

Lets just agree to root for the spurs TOGETHER....and if they mee the Bulls then lets have a friendly rivalry.

Go spurs. Unless they meet the Bulls.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
If the Lakers are on their A game, I really dont see anyone giving them much of a challenge in the Western Conference during the playoffs. The real challenge will come from the East, well this years version Beast from the East which will be very interesting and compelling (the Eastern Conference playoffs). That said, the Lakers are within striking distance of a 3 peat, that is if their on their A game.
If Bynum is truly hurt...you are delusional. Sorry, but the Lakers are in for a tough fight even with him at 100%. Without him....not a chance.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:53 PM

207 posts, read 308,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If Bynum is truly hurt...you are delusional. Sorry, but the Lakers are in for a tough fight even with him at 100%. Without him....not a chance.
If Bynum is hurt well yeah ..the Lakers will not be playing at their A game, obviously, but will still be threat nonetheless. He was somewhat hurt last year as well and look what happened. I'm just amazed how all these Spur fans are looking at the upcoming playoffs with rose colored glasses. Its a joke.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:14 PM

3,129 posts, read 5,306,720 times
Ginobli is down

Old 04-14-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
If Bynum is hurt well yeah ..the Lakers will not be playing at their A game, obviously, but will still be threat nonetheless. He was somewhat hurt last year as well and look what happened. I'm just amazed how all these Spur fans are looking at the upcoming playoffs with rose colored glasses. Its a joke.
Injuries have been the big factor for the Lakers, Celtics and Spurs the past 3 years. Heck, 2 years ago the Celtics had so many injuries they weren't even able to defend thier title and the Lakers got to beat up on Orlando.

With that said, the Lakers haven't had to contend with a full strength Spurs team in the playoffs in a while.

I think any reasonable NBA can look at a healthy Spurs squad and see the Lakers are going to have a tougher path this year. Ditto for the Celtics which have 2 teams playing MUCH better than what they had to play against in last years EC.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:16 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
the only thing i dont agree with is that "tougher path" for the lakers. the hornets are NOT tougher then the griz, and i would say the way the mavs have been playing they might not get past the blazers, neither of which is as tough as the nuggets or thunder. i contend the spurs path has become much tougher then the lakers outside of home court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or