Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:17 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Heat wins tonight and Boton loses which means the Heat has the 2 seed and Celtics have the 3 seed and the matchups are

Knicks vs Celtics

Heat vs Sixers

Damm, i don't even want to go work the rest of the week, I"M SO HYPE!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
woulda been better if it was the heat vs the knicks...
at least for us. oh well.

a few accomplishments were met this season which is more than any of us could have asked for:
-winning record
-we're in the playoffs
-we're at least sixth seed (something i predicted would happen without knowing we'd get melo this year)
-we got melo this year

now, with the addition of melo, i feel like the stakes should be raised. our expectations should be a lil higher and i was hoping that we'd make it out of the first round of the playoffs. obviously i don't/didn't expect a chip this season at all or make it out of the ec but hopefully we don't get swept in the first round and if its in God's will, it'd be great to make it out of the first round.

but we're playing against boston.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
woulda been better if it was the heat vs the knicks...
at least for us. oh well.

a few accomplishments were met this season which is more than any of us could have asked for:
-winning record
-we're in the playoffs
-we're at least sixth seed (something i predicted would happen without knowing we'd get melo this year)
-we got melo this year

now, with the addition of melo, i feel like the stakes should be raised. our expectations should be a lil higher and i was hoping that we'd make it out of the first round of the playoffs. obviously i don't/didn't expect a chip this season at all or make it out of the ec but hopefully we don't get swept in the first round and if its in God's will, it'd be great to make it out of the first round.

but we're playing against boston.

Boston is not playing all that well right now

Old 04-11-2011, 08:58 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
I'd rather play Boston than any of the other top 4 teams. Yeah, I know they limped into the playoffs last year too, but this team is different. They might get out of the 1st round, but they will get crushed by the Heat.

Either way, NYK/BOS is a great 1st round match up.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:03 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
we haven't won against boston all season. boston will def turn it up during the playoffs. we are going to get out coached and out played by vets. it'll take a pretty epic collapse for them to not make it out of the first round.

heat/knicks would have been so ill.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:38 AM

869 posts, read 1,278,311 times
Let's go Philly!!!!!

From a Cleveland Cavs Fan.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf_1832 View Post
Let's go Philly!!!!!

Sorry Cavs Fan, 76ers are not good enough

Old 04-16-2011, 10:24 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf_1832 View Post
Let's go Philly!!!!!

Jesus christ, you Cleveland fans are the biggest crybabies out of all the sports city fan bases.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Jesus christ, you Cleveland fans are the biggest crybabies out of all the sports city fan bases.

Well they won't ever forget the way he turned on them after being in cleveland for 7 years. They will always root against him

Old 04-16-2011, 05:16 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well they won't ever forget the way he turned on them after being in cleveland for 7 years. They will always root against him
I agree with TVSG (pause for effect), I usually don't like a "cry-baby" fanbase, but I don't blame Cleveland for booing him, forever. The jersey burning stuff was over the top, but I think they should boo him from here to retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball